Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Angel of Music

Rehearsal

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

Atem is gone and Yugi is depressed. In order to get him out of it, Joey and the gang get him to join the schools play. What happens when the play is The Phantom of the Opera? YYxY Puzzleshipping!

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-04 - 1078 words - Complete

-1OOC
Angel of Music

Rehearsal

Yugi dreaded going to rehearsal. It was the first practice they had and he knew that things were going to be bad. He already heard snickering in the hallways when he passed. He knew that they were talking about him. He hated having to play the girls part, but he didn’t want to be rude. Miss Bosela had confidence that he could do it, and he didn’t want to let her down. That and she wasn’t letting him get out of it. She made sure to tell his grandfather, who proceeded to tell him how proud he was that Yugi was in the play. Which led to a lengthy story about how he himself was in a play once. It was kind of traumatizing as well as funny. Yugi couldn’t decide which one was worse, being in the play, or listening to his grandfather talk about being in a play. He slowly made his way down the hallway towards the auditorium, where the rehearsal was to take place. A group of girls passed him and he heard snickering. He knew they were laughing at him.
“Hey Mutou, have fun playing a girl,” one of them said.
He stared at the ground and ignored them.
“Yeah, he’ll be so good at it, I mean he already sounds like a girl,” another said.
Her voice sounded familiar to Yugi, but he decided to not bother looking. It was probably just someone in one of his classes anyways.
“I know right?” The first girl said.
The group of girls laughed and kept going. Yugi hung his head and walked quickly to the auditorium. He refused to let the tears fall. He was better than that. He knew it, and he wouldn’t let them get to him. He blinked rapidly to get rid of the tears and walked into the auditorium. Joey ran up to him and pulled him into a headlock.
“Hey, there you are,” he said.
“Yeah, I’m here,” Yugi said.
“Good, we were just about to start without you,” he replied as he let go of him.
They made their way up to the stage and Yugi set his backpack against the wall.
“By the way, did you see Tea?” Joey asked.
“No,” he said.
“She just left with a group of girls. She said that she was going to go find you. Hmm… I wonder where she went,” Joey said.
Yugi shrugged. He remembered the girl whose voice he thought he recognized, but that couldn’t be her. Tea was his friend… wasn’t she?

Miss Bosela walked over to the stage, “We’re starting with the scene before the song, Think of Me. Yugi, do you think you could sing the song?”
“Sure,” Yugi said.
“Alright, from the top!” Mr. Takara said.

“A full house, Andre! We shall have to refund a full house!” Monsieur Richard Firmin (a.k.a. Ryou) said
“Christine Da’ae could sing it sir,” Madame Giry (a.k.a. Miho) said.
“What a chorus girl?” Monsieur Gilles Andre (a.k.a. Tristan) said, “Don’t be silly.”
“She’s been taking lessons from a great teacher,” Madame Giry replied.
“Who?” he asked.
“I don’t know his name, Monsieur,” Christine (Yugi) said.
“Let her sing for you Monsieur,” Madam Giry said, “She has been well taught.”
“Alright,” Andre said, “Come on, don’t be shy.”
Yugi walked shyly up to the front of the stage. He was nervous beyond anything.
“Come on, come along,” Andre said.
“From the beginning of the aria then, please mademoiselle,” the maestro said.
The song began and Yugi closed his eyes before taking a nervous breath. He heard Ryou and Tristan speak their last lines before he was to start singing.
“Andre, this is doing nothing for my nerves,” Firmin said.
“Well, she’s very pretty,” Andre said.
Yugi began singing:
“Think of me, think of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me once in a while
please promise me you'll try.
When you find that, once again, you long
to take your heart back and be free –
if you ever find a moment,
spare a thought for me”


Everyone in the auditorium stopped and stared at Yugi. They couldn’t believe that a voice like that could come from such a small person. He sounded like an angel. His voice was soft and gentle and so very girl like. Yugi hated how he sounded, but everyone was completely entranced. He was absolutely amazing, and everyone knew it. Tea stood at the back of the auditorium, an angry look on her face. With a huff, she turned and left the auditorium. Yugi kept singing, his eyes closed by themselves as he lost himself into the music.

We never said our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea –
but if you can still remember

stop and think of me . . .
Think of all the things
we've shared and seen –
don't think about the way things
might have been . . .

Think of me, think of me waking,
silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying too hard
to put you from my mind.
Recall those days
look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do –
there will never be a day,
when I won't think of you . . .”


Yugi stopped and opened his eyes. He heard another voice begin Raoul’s part. He looked over and saw Seto singing. His jaw dropped. He never knew Seto could sing, let alone sound that good. He quickly closed his mouth as he realized that he had to finish the song.

Seto: “Can it be? Can it be Christine?
Bravo!
Long ago, it seems so long ago
How young and innocent we were...
She may not remember me,
but I remember her...”


Yugi took a deep breath and resumed singing the last part of the song:

“Flowers fades,
The fruits of summer fade,
They have their seasons, so do we
but please promise me, that sometimes
you will think of me!”


Yugi held the last note out for a few moments and then stopped. The auditorium was quiet. They were all stunned that such a sweet sound could come out of a boy. Joey started clapping and soon all of the auditorium was clapping and giving cat calls. Yugi blushed and looked down at the ground.
“And that Mr. Mutou, is why you are playing Christine,” Miss Bosela said.
Sign up to rate and review this story