Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Deaf Heaven

Thy Unused Beauty Must Be Tombed With Thee.

by chem_x 1 review

A barrier. Lights flashing. Smoke spreading. Lungs heaving inside me.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Published: 2010-09-09 - Updated: 2010-09-09 - 1183 words - Complete

1Moving
It had been a long and boring week passing before Violet finally decided to discharge herself; I argued with her that it was completely pointless going home early when she was paranoid and terrified of another attack, “I’ll be ready when they come again.” She bickered.
“Again?! They?! Ready?! Are you insane woman?” I shouted back, passing nurses stealing a glance in through the doors at us.
Violet glared up at me through crazed eyes, her mouth sealed, I wasn’t getting answers out of her easily. “You need to tell me everything.” I sighed, dropping my tense aching shoulders, “I deserve to know.”
Violet bit into her lip, my stomach heaved as I watched her; even with pinkish scars covering her she looked great. “Jared,” She sighed, sitting back onto the freshly made hospital bed, “I told you once already, and you ended up in hospital.” She muttered.
I didn’t bother sighing or gasping, her answers always just gave me a taste of what I wanted, it made me want it more, and more every time but I had to wait for her to stop talking in riddles and blank spots.
“What are you on about Violet?” I groaned, sitting beside her, she scurried away an inch from me, an inch I was keen to get back.
I pushed myself towards her, listening inventively, it was getting annoying waiting; it was like a dark pit in my insides. I was slowly getting angrier at her each time she gave nil information. “I won’t risk hurting you again.” She pouted, moving away another inch.
I snorted at her reply, how dumb did she think I was? “You know what Violet? You are insane, you and your crazy Shakespeare obsession are driving me up the wall! You know what? You know what?! Goodbye! I’m sick of this bullshit!” I shouted, leaping up and storming out of the room for the first time that week without her.

I was seeing red as I sprinted down the stairs, I couldn’t wait for that stupid elevator, I crashed into a few people as I fled the building, some of them looking surprised and some looking like it was normal for it to happen.
“Shannon, pick me up.” I yelled down my cell phone at him.
It took him minutes to get there; I paced heavily waiting for him. “Ready to go home?” I grunted, crossing my arms across my stomach.
“I’m sick of her, what a psychopath!” I spat, Shannon raised an eyebrow, “What? What?!” I barked.
“I can see the vein in your forehead… Shouldn’t you be happy you found her?”
“Happy? She’s nothing but a nuisance!” I yelled, I could feel my cheeks heating up, my skin was boiling. “When are we starting touring?”
“We’re taking a year off remember?”
“No?! Who said this?!” I shouted, thumping my fist off the window of his small black car.
“You said it; you rang me the other day.”
“Did not!”
“Chill the fuck out, will you? You said it yourself; we’ll take a year off, have a break, and then write some new songs.”
I nodded and breathed slowly, “Right… yeah I’m sorry Shan.”
“Bloody traffic.” He burbled a few moments afterwards, I was still calming down, I could hear my pulse in my forehead.
Around me was an army of cars, shiny and waiting to be allowed catch speed… All stuck behind a huge lorry.
The woman in the car beside us looked familiar, glasses hung on her nose but I didn’t bother identifying her, she seemed to be doing a great job ignoring me and locking her small green smart-car at once.
I rolled my eyes and sat further into the leather seat, it squeaked painfully as I slide down, my jeans creased at the top of my waist. I groaned at them, I hadn’t eaten a proper meal in a while and I had just begun to feel it.
“Ugh….” I groaned, tapping my foot off the plastic of the car.
“What you think the traffics all about?” Shannon wondered out loud.
I shrugged and opened my door, almost smacking it off the green car beside us. “There’s a fire up there.” I breathed, squinting up at the smoky cloud hovering down the street.
“Which building block? I know some people in Benedict’s Street.” Shannon asked; a worried look pasting over his face. His bottom lip pouted and his eyes dropped.
I glanced over the cars, bending the toes of my shoes as I tried to see, “Holy shit!” I wheezed. “Shit, Shan that’s Violet’s apartment!” I shouted.
Shannon’s mouth dropped; his eyes widened, “Call her now!”
I nodded quickly and snatched Shannon’s phone off the dash board, typing in her number in a panic, so fast I typed it wrong. “Gah!” I cried, starting all over again.
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep

“Out of service.” I roared, throwing it back onto my seat and beginning to sprint up to the street.

A barrier. Lights flashing. Smoke spreading. Lungs heaving inside me. My stomach was in a knot worse than hair that hadn’t been tangled in weeks. I was seeing red, firemen, fire trucks, fire itself, red cross helpers dashing around with stretchers but I wasn’t seeing Violet.
“Oi! Oi!” I bellowed at a police man, “Have you seen my girl?! Is my girl in there?!”
“The building was empty mate.” The tough-chinned man nodded roughly.
I nodded and sat down on the curb, if she wasn’t in the building she must still be in the hospital. But she wasn’t answering her phone?
- Of course! She was mad at me, explanation was good. I breathed heavily and cupped my forehead into my hands.
“‘ello love.” A voice chimed.
“Laurie?!” I gasped.
She bit the side of her lip and nodded jaggedly, “Terrible thing about the fire isn’t it? Poor Violet’ll have no where to go.” She smirked.
I glared up at her, “What do you want Laurie?” I growled.
“I can quote Shakespeare too,” She blinked innocently, “Thy unused beauty must be tombed with thee, which, used, lives th' executor to be.”
“What are you talking about?!” I sprung up and demanded.
The familiar footsteps of a hiccupping man came up behind me, stopping to close; I could almost feel them on my back. “What or- is going on ar’und here?” I heard him smile.
“What is this?!” I barked at Antony and Laurie, both of the smirked merrily at me.
Laurie sulked at me for a moment, “Was I not good enough?” She sighed, taking Antony’s hand and wrapping it around her waste.
“What?!”
“Guess I never wanted you anyways Jay-Jay.” She winked; Antony chuckled beside her as they turned. I grimaced at the sight of them, Antony dropping his hand lower and lower down her back.
“Eh… Who were they?”
“Shannon, you’ll need to listen closely to catch up with all this.” I grunted.
Sign up to rate and review this story