Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Jean's Awakening

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-22 - 632 words

0Unrated
EXT. INFIRMARY

Logan stood at Jean's side, as medical equipment monitors her status. A little over to the side, Scott is still comatose. Logan strokes Jean's hair. Suddenly, she awakes, and seizes his wrist.

LOGAN:
Jean?

She smiles faintly and slowly opens her eyes.

JEAN:
Logan.

LOGAN:
Welcome back.

JEAN:
This is where we first met, you know. Except you're in my place. And I'm in yours.

LOGAN:
You okay?

JEAN:
Yeah. I feel great actually.

As she sits up, and telekinetically detaches everything from her body. Logan stares at her chest and she smiles.

JEAN:
Logan, you're making me blush.

LOGAN:
You're reading my thoughts?

JEAN:
I don't have to.

She leans in closer.

JEAN: (Con't)
It's okay.

She kisses him passionately, and Logan gives in. Jean gets more fierce, deepening the kiss and clawing at his arms. Jean starts to undo Logan's belt. Logan pulls away.

LOGAN:
Wait.

JEAN:
No.

Jean telekinetically rips off Logan's belt. Logan backs away.

LOGAN:
Jean…this isn't you.

JEAN:
Of course it's me...

Jean tries to resume but Logan gently pushes her away.

LOGAN:
Hey! Maybe you ought to take it easy. The professor said you might be…different.

Suddenly, her entire demeanor changes.

JEAN:
He would know, wouldn't he? What, you think he's not inside your head too? Look at you Logan.

She looked Logan up and down.

JEAN: (Con't)
He tamed you!

Then over Logan's shoulder, she sees…

JEAN:
Scott?

Jean shuts her eyes and when she reopens them she looks confused.

LOGAN:
Jean?

JEAN:
Logan?

Jean looked around the room.

JEAN:
Where am I?

LOGAN:
You're in the mansion, you're safe. We need to know what happened with Scott.

He took out Scott's sunglasses and showed them to her.

JEAN:
I…I don't know, I lost…Oh, God!

LOGAN:
Jean, what happened?

JEAN:
I…no!

She closes her eyes, and the entire room shakes. Glass shatters, equipment falls to the floor. Logan seizes Jean.

LOGAN:
Jean, talk to me! It's all right!

Jean murmurs, tears streaming from her eyes. The lights dim and more equipment breaks.

He shakes her.

LOGAN:
Stay with me!

She looks at him, her eyes begging.

JEAN:
Logan, please…kill me.

LOGAN:
What?

JEAN:
Kill me before I hurt anyone else.

LOGAN:
Don't say that.

JEAN:
Please.

LOGAN:
Stop it.

JEAN:
Kill me.

The objects in the room are forced backwards. Logan took Jean's head in his hands.

LOGAN:
Jean, look at me. The Professor can help you, he can fix this!

Jean's eyes then turned black.

JEAN:
I don't want to fix it!

Logan was thrown backwards and into the wall, traces of fire trailing him. He slumps to the floor as Jean levitates from the table. She lands on the floor and walks toward the door. Without pausing, she rips the door from its hinges telekinetically and continues out of the mansion.

INT. GARDENS

Outside in the gardens, Ororo was using her powers to water the plants but looses her concentration when she hears a noise from behind her.

ORORO:
Who's there?

JEAN:
Would you believe, the wicked witch of the west?

Jean stepped out from the shadows of the doorway. Ororo smiled and went over to her.

ORORO:
Jean!

Ororo hugs her.

ORORO: (Con't)
I missed you so much.

Jean pulls away from Ororo and smirks.

JEAN:
Did you?

ORORO:
Of course I did.

JEAN:
Tell me something, Ororo. Did the professor ever block you too? Hold you back? Make it so you couldn't choose what you did with your own power?

ORORO:
What are you talking about?

JEAN:
It's not a rhetorical question.

Jean then knocked Ororo aside telekinetically with a casual gesture. Ororo crashes through one of the glass windows, landing in the plants as Jean continues walking away from the school.
Sign up to rate and review this story