Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Cure Wars

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-22 - Updated: 2010-09-23 - 445 words

0Unrated
EXT. MANHATTAN

A crowd has formed outside the newly set up "cure clinic". Rogue gets off a bus and goes to wait in line. Memories of all the people she touched fill her mind. Cody, Logan, Magneto, Bobby, John.

The crowd then begins to chant;

CROWD:
We don't need a cure! We don't need a cure! We don't need a cure!

Rogue looks down as she continues to wait.

Just then, Bobby gets out of a taxi and starts to make his way through the crowd.

BOBBY:
Rogue!

Suddenly, he bumps into Pyro.

PYRO:
Taking the cure so you can go home to mommy and daddy?

Bobby now has a look of surprise on his face.

BOBBY:
John.

Pyro shook his head.

PYRO:
My name is Pyro.

Bobby then looked around the crowd again before looking back at Pyro.

BOBBY:
I'm looking for Rogue.

PYRO:
I figured she'd want the cure.

BOBBY:
Why'd you do it?

PYRO:
Do what?

BOBBY:
Go with Magneto? Come back to the school, you still can.

PYRO:
It's a prison. People always telling me what I can and can't do, people telling me how to be. Who to be.

Pyro formed a fireball, leveling the flame. He took a step forward, and Bobby steadied, forcing a stare.

PYRO: (Con't)
This is who I am.

He snapped his palm shut and the flame disappeared for a second. There it was, the fire incredible this time, and Bobby watched, nearly dumbstruck, as strangers cried out, pushing and stumbling to get by. It seemed almost heavy, but Pyro handled the growing blaze with the skill and poise of an experienced juggler.

PYRO:
Come on, Iceman. Make a move.

Bobby shook his head.

BOBBY:
I'm not going to fight you.

Bobby walked away, leaving Pyro with almost surprised look on his face. As he begins going through the crowd he finally sees Rogue in the back of the line.

BOBBY:
Rogue!

Rogue looks over when she hears his voice.

ROGUE:
Bobby? What are you doing here?

BOBBY:
You don't want to do this. We can find another way.

Before Rogue could respond, Pyro unleashed a wave of fire on the clinic. The building explodes and people scream and begin to run away.

ROGUE:
NO! I have to get in there!

Rogue tries to run towards the building but Bobby grabs her and holds her back.

BOBBY:
It's over Rogue, come on.

Rogue then rips off a glove and touches the back of Bobby's neck. He gasps and falls to the ground.

ROGUE:
I'm sorry.

Rogue lets go and runs towards the building and begins using Bobby's powers to put out some of the fires.
Sign up to rate and review this story