Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Building Bridges

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-22 - Updated: 2010-09-23 - 828 words

0Unrated
EXT. MANSION

Scott busts through the front door of the mansion.

SCOTT:
Ororo!

Ororo descends the staircase.

ORORO:
Who is that—Scott!

She runs towards him and hugs him tightly.

ORORO:
I didn't think you'd ever wake up.

Logan and Henry walk in to see what is happening.

LOGAN:
Scott?

Henry went over to him.

HENRY:
Where did you go? You shouldn't have left the infirmary.

SCOTT:
I'm fine. Listen, I saw Magneto. He's got an army and he's taking them to Alcatraz. We have to get there.

HENRY:
You saw Magneto?

SCOTT:
Yeah, there's no time. I want everyone downstairs, now.

Scott moves past them toward the elevator. Logan looks after him.

LOGAN:
He's back?

He looks to Ororo and she nods.

ORORO:
Scott's really back.

INT. MANSION SUBCOMPLEX

Cyclops and Beast walk down a hall toward the hangar together. Beast pulls an X-Men jacket on snugly.

BEAST:
I can't believe this use to fit me.

Cyclops smiled.

BEAST: (Con't)
But in all seriousness…if Magneto gets a hold of that cure, he'll be unstoppable. How many people does he have?

CYCLOPS:
We can handle it.

Cyclops moves ahead.

BEAST:
Well, that wasn't exactly my question, but...

Beast then goes through his suits pockets and pulls out the sample of the cure he was given. He looks at it for a moment before putting it in the jacket's pocket.

They meet with Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Iceman, and Colossus.

WOLVERINE:
Where's Rogue?

Iceman looks down at the floor.

ICEMAN:
I don't know.

Storm looks at Iceman and Colossus.

STORM:
I'm not sure you should be going with us.

COLOSSUS:
We're ready.

STORM:
This isn't like the Danger Room. There's a real war going on out there. We might not all make it back.

ICEMAN:
We're not kids anymore.

The elder X-Men look at each other and nod.

WOLVERINE:
All right. We're all in this together. X-Men...all of us.

They all nod in agreement.

CYCLOPS:
Let's move out.

The X-Men file into the hangar. Wolverine and Storm stand back.

WOLVERINE:
They're ready. The kids.

STORM:
I know. I just hope Scott's ready.

She turns to face Wolverine.

STORM:
You know what this might come down to. If Scott can't do it…will you? Can you?

He doesn't answer. Storm continues on her way, and Wolverine follows.

INT. GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE-EVENING

A rush of evening traffic crosses The Golden Gate Bridge. Suddenly, several of the cars screech to a halt. Many drivers look around, panicked. At the end of the bridge, Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Gambit, and Callisto lead the army of mutants, Magneto's hands outstretched. He magnetically parts the sea of cars, sending them crashing to either side of the bridge.

Citizens have now begun to leave their cars and run away. Magneto smirks and looks at Jean.

She walks forward in front of the army. Extending her arms grandly, Jean focuses all her power, and begins to tear the bridge from the supporting cables and columns. Soon, the entire section of the bridge is free, and begins floating toward Alcatraz.

Troops rush up observation towers to get a better view, and react in astonishment as they see the bridge moving toward them. It moves over them, and some of the soldiers manage to run away before Jean released her hold.

The bridge lands with a loud sound that echoes throughout the bay. Magneto smirked.

MAGNETO:
Charles always wanted to build bridges.

Kavita Rao looks out of the window of her office in horror as the army sets foot onto the island. The soldiers prepare, taking up guns and rushing to the front of the complex.

Magneto looks at Callisto.

MAGNETO:
You're sure the boy's still inside?

CALLISTO:
Positive. He's in the southeast corner of the building.

MAGNETO:
Now it begins. Pyro?

Pyro unleashes a war cry, rallying the Brotherhood.

PYRO:
Let's take it down!

The army charges forward, landing in the yard and began to fight the soldiers. Gambit moves to join them, but Magneto holds him back.

MAGNETO:
Wait. In chess, the pawns go first.

The soldiers began firing their guns and several mutants fell. Magneto scoffed in disgust.

MAGNETO:
Humans and their guns, they never learn.

He extended his hand expecting them to stop working but nothing happens.

MAGNETO:
Plastic. They're getting better.

The first wave of mutants fall. One mutant, a lizard-esque man, writhes on the ground, spasming, a turns into human. A flying mutant is hit midair, and promptly falls to the ground, neck snapping.

Magneto looked on in shock.

MAGNETO:
They're using the cure in guns.

After few more minutes got shot with the cure guns, Magneto looked over to Arclight.

MAGNETO:
Arclight, use your shockwaves. Destroy those weapons.

Arclight came to the front of the group and clapped her hands together. A shockwave was sent into the battlefield. The guns explode, injuring the soldiers operating them. The shield's they were using were also destroyed.

The area is soon overtaken by The Brotherhood.
Sign up to rate and review this story