Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

hobbledehoy

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Hell takes Nagi with her on a mission before she realizes what he can do.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Published: 2010-09-25 - Updated: 2010-09-25 - 475 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG
Summary: Hell takes Nagi with her on a mission before she realizes what he can do.
Author’s Notes: None for this one real.
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count =
September 25, 2010 (7:38am)

hobbledehoy \HOB-uhl-dee-hoy\, noun:
An awkward, gawky young fellow

Hell, at first, mistook Nagi to be an awkward, ungainly teenager. She glanced over to her passenger seat where the boy sat, eyes cast forward with determination. She was irritated Crawford only sent Nagi with her on this joint venture between Takatori and his son.

The frail kid was silent, so she thought back to that afternoon without the distraction of chatter. Crawford suggested she take Nagi over the other freaks in his outfit, but she wanted Farfarello on this mission. The American gave her that habitually smug expression she wanted to rip off his face and said, 'You'll thank me tomorrow morning.'

With that, she motioned for Nagi to follow her out of Crawford's office, shivering at Schuldig's snicker on the way out. If only Masafumi were in town, she could have had Schreient accompany her instead of this emaciated boy. She again glanced over at him and started to wonder why such an arrogant bastard like Crawford would bother taking this boy into his home and take an interest in his well-being.

After all, wasn't he a rescue, like Tot? But, Hell knew Tot had possessed sharp fighting skills and could beat this boy without even trying.

All Brad was concerned about was moving up the corporate chain on Reiji's coattails; why bother with a kid? Especially, one that perpetually wore such a hardened expression belonging to an elderly man, and one who was also painfully shy.

Hell's musings were cut off after they got to the warehouse to meet with some gangsters making life uncomfortable for the Takatori's. The boy followed her wordlessly. They found the four men, waiting by the door. They were burly, the type of men she was used to dealing with from her days in the Japanese Defense Force.

Before she could say a word, the men whipped out guns and squeezed the triggers. Instinct kicked in and she went for her gun. Before she could draw, a hazy ripple filled the air. In amazement she watched the bullets stop mid-flight and fall to the ground, harmlessly.

She gasped and looked over at the boy's intense expression, his palms faced out towards the men. Suddenly, the gangsters were flung by some invisible force into the darkened warehouse.

Hell took a deep breath and planned to thank Crawford over breakfast tomorrow morning.

End.
(Even though, I could get some major mileage out of this one... oh well...)
Sign up to rate and review this story