Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

rigmorole

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Crawford has something in common Tot.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Published: 2010-09-27 - Updated: 2010-09-27 - 472 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Crawford has something in common Tot.
Author’s Notes: There is a reference Tot's abuse. Also, a reference to Yami no Matsuei.
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film. Yami no Matsuei owned by Yoko Matsushita.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 403
September 27, 2010 (10:45am)

rigmorole \RIG-muh-rohl\, noun:
1. An elaborate or complicated procedure.
2. Confused, incoherent, foolish, or meaningless talk.

“I don't care about all that rigmorole. You get your ass down here, Crawford. Now!”

The clairvoyant clicked the disconnect his cell phone and glared at it. Takatori was angry Crawford had to take a side trip out of Toyko. Crawford hadn't attempted to explain the real reason he had to make the diversion. If he had, Takatori would have blown it off as non-sense and fired him.

He looked out at the shoreline as the water lapped up on the rocks. Seagulls made plaintiff cries in his ears. The cries reminded him of the Charleston, South Carolina shores he had visited when was around five-years-old. That was the first time he had, not only seen them, but talked to them.

Ever since then, they had been a part of his life, for good and ill. No matter the place or time, they always functioned the same. Yes, cultural customs, Crawford had found, made them very regional. But, no matter what, they boiled down to the same thing.

Before he turned to his car, he looked over to where Tot was. She could see them too. He had been curious because the girl had seemed so unsettled when he came around. Tot feared Crawford, but what she really feared were the same things he could see. Crawford knew they were just barely under her awareness, but she certainly had the ability. It was why he had encouraged Nagi to date her, but there were complications.

Crawford had Schuldig delve deep in her mind to see what was there. He wasn't surprised when Schuldig related she had suffered sexual abuse at her father's hand. Now she repressed the one Talent she truly possess, the one thing she shared kinship with Crawford. He had to find a way to repair her. In the future she would be the only Schreient standing, and that would prove useful to Schwarz in the long run.

“You'll never get her to admit she sees me,” Tsuzuki, that violet-eyed detective from the spirit realm, teased Crawford. The American scowled at the shinigami.

“One day, she'll have no choice, but to admit you soul reapers are all around. She dabbles in assassinations all the time. It's just an eventuality.”

End.

(Could have went the Death Note way, but I just fell in love with Yami no Matsuei)
Sign up to rate and review this story