Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

efface

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Schuldig makes an unpleasant discovery about Neu.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Published: 2010-09-28 - Updated: 2010-09-28 - 444 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG
Summary: Schuldig makes an unpleasant discovery about Neu.
Author’s Notes: None really, but I did go over three minutes, got too wrapped up.
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 374
September 28, 2010 (8:16am)

efface \ih-FAYS\, transitive verb:
1. To cause to disappear by rubbing out, striking out, etc.; to erase; to render illegible or indiscernible.
2. To destroy, as a mental impression; to wipe out; to eliminate completely.
3. To make (oneself) inconspicuous.

“Three down, one to go,” Schuldig mumbled to Farfarello as they left Crawford's office. They had brought him three, fat dossiers on Hell, Schön, and Tot. Crawford wanted to know everything about any potential enemies, so Schuldig and Farfarello were doing the tedious work of following each Schreient and recording down their past lives.

It was basic and easy. Schuldig and Farfarello tracked each one down, subtly, and then Schuldig would read their minds from a safe distance. So far, he found Hell and Schön boring, both so vain for different reasons. He wasn't surprised by what he found in Tot's horrific past.

“She has the taint of the devil on her,” Farfarello whispered, referring to the last Schreient.

Schuldig laugh and pointed out, “You said that about me when I ate your cereal this morning.”

Schuldig felt a ripple bubble up in Farfarello's discombobulated mind. Not unusual for the Irishman, but there was something in that one amber eye that looked wary. Schuldig shrugged. Farfarello's rantings had sent him on wild goose-chases before, he wasn't about to be taken on one right now with Brad breathing down his neck.

“Come on,” he griped.

It wasn't long before they found their target. Neu stood in the lobby of Takatori's building. Schuldig and Farfarello observed her from the atrium on the second floor. Schuldig leaned over the railing and stretched out his telepathy, as he had done a million times. He drew back slightly, baffled. Every other mind in the lobby echoed noise, but not hers. It was empty.

He pushed again, and had the disorienting sensation of a void. To him, it was staggering. Telepaths lived with constant noise in their heads and got used to it like a pebble in a shoe. He felt Farfarello's hands on his shoulders before he fell back to the floor.

He straightened up and looked over the railing again. She gave him an impassive look, nodded, and left.

“For some reason, somehow, her mental impressions are gone. She's a clean slate... whoever she was.”

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story