Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 4

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-02 - Updated: 2010-10-02 - 422 words

0Unrated
“I can’t believe I let you guys talk me into this.” Steve sighed as they walked towards the Nightly Double. “Why couldn’t we just stay at the house for once?”

“Come on Steve, let loose. You have to have a little fun in life.” Sodapop said skipping a few feet ahead.

“I have fun," Steve responded.

“I’d hate to live on your planet where hard work is fun.” Two-Bit smirked

“At least I actually work, lazy ass.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Two-Bit growled, getting into Steve's face.

“Exactly how it sounds, moron.”

“Guys!” Ponyboy squeezed between the two. “Can’t we have one night without you killing each other?”

Steve glared at Ponyboy; he was just about to open his mouth when Sodapop interrupted him.

“We’re here.”

They all looked up at the large building, which seemed to stretch forever into the night.

“Right then, lets go in.” Pony pushed to the front of the group and entered the theater though the large heavy doors. Once inside they walked over to the middle-aged female teller and got four tickets.

After purchasing tickets, the four headed over to the concession counter for popcorn and drinks.
As he turned around, Ponyboy caught sight of a red-headed girl.

He had to do a double take to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, but it certainly was her.

"I'll be right back." Pony muttered to Soda.

Pony wandered over to the girl who stood alone by the doors. She was dressed up real nice, but kept glancing around the room.

"Cherry?" Pony forced his mouth to work.

The girl turned to him and smiled that familiar smile that had been haunting his dreams. "Hey,

Ponyboy!" She said cheerfully, but then her expression quickly changed to that of pity and guilt. “How’ve you been?”

Pony knew what she meant by that question. He looked down at his shoes for a brief moment, then looked back up, right into her green eyes.

"I'm fine. How about you?"

Cherry smiled again. "I'm good."

They stood in silence for a moment.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Pony asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes." Cherry glanced around the room again.

"A date?" The words slipped out before Pony even thought about it.

Cherry looked at him for a moment, then smiled again....

“No, I’m just here with friends. You?”

“Likewise.”

Cherry nodded.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you around.”

The two of them then turned and walked in seperate directions.
Sign up to rate and review this story