Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

acta

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Neu investigates Schwarz.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-10-09 - Updated: 2010-10-09 - 400 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Neu investigates Schwarz.
Author’s Notes: Again, playing catchup!
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 351
October 7, 2010 (2:43pm)

acta \AK-tuh\, noun:
Official records, as of acts, deeds, proceedings, transactions, or the like.

One skill Neu had was discovering things about people. It was instinct-like, and a talent Masafumi directed her to use many times. She expected no problems creating dossiers on each Schwarz member, but it wasn't so.

Her Internet research turned up nothing. Neither did following any of the, as Hell contemptuously called them, freaks. They kept to themselves and had no outside interests. None of them had taken a lover or indulged in vices, like gambling or narcotics. She figured Crawford must insist on purity.

It was as if they came from nothingness. That intrigued her, because she came from nothingness. A deep black hole with no past, that was her life. It created an unwitting kinship between her and Schwarz, one she wished to severe before it could be used to exploit her.

Neu's quest to unwrap Schwarz's mystery led her to the German consulate. She gave an artificial name and threw Masafumi Takatori's name around to exert some influence. After she figured the German out, the American consulate would be next.

She had a flash of anger as the male secretary showed up with one thin folder. He explained the only records matching the fingerprints from Schuldig came back with one highly edited juvenile record. She opened the folder to see one very skinny, haunted, redheaded boy in the photo, no doubt Schuldig when he was ten, but his hair was close cut.

The file with it had everything blacked out, even the child's real name. The only thing she found out was that he'd ran away from a very exclusive boarding school of some sort. Even that, she later found out, was shrouded in more mystery.

She left the German consulate in aggravation. She hailed a taxi and headed back towards Masafumi's house. No need in bothering with the American consulate or anything with mental asylums around Ireland; those records would all be gone as well. But she was holding out hope that Nagi, being Japanese, would have more local clues readily available.

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story