Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

wassail

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Crawford and Neu share a drink together.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Published: 2010-10-09 - Updated: 2010-10-09 - 509 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Crawford and Neu share a drink together.
Author’s Notes: Yea, I'm caught up! The following was a play off of my husband's story “Crawford and the Ladies of Schreient.”
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 443
October 9, 2010 (7:30am)

wassail \WAH-sul; wah-SAYL\, noun:
1. An expression of good wishes on a festive occasion, especially in drinking to someone.
2. An occasion on which such good wishes are expressed in drinking; a drinking bout; a carouse.
3. The liquor used for a wassail; especially, a beverage formerly much used in England at Christmas and other festivals, made of ale (or wine) flavored with spices, sugar, toast, roasted apples, etc.

The party had wound down. Takatori went to bed earlier and several other wealthy and important Japanese had left under an hour ago. There were still a few at the bar, nursing drinks. Crawford watched them impatiently as he surveyed the rest of the large ballroom at the top an exclusive hotel. The glass windows all around showed several, flickering lights around Toyko's night landscape.

He hadn't felted prompted to go home just yet. It was a minor tug telling Crawford he needed to stay. Not a vision, per-say, but a strong hint that something was coming to him. He went over to the bar, and the reason why he was prompted to stay hit him.

One of the people at the other side of the bar was a woman familiar to him. He had seen her face all too often, recently, only in bloodier circumstances. She wasn't wearing over-sized sunglasses or a visor now. Now he could see, and admire, her whole face. It was a shame Neu hid it, but Crawford suspected she had her reasons.

She had unnerved Schuldig earlier in the month. He had reported her mind was a clean slate, a cypher, a non-person. Crawford found this intriguing and made a mental note to make contact with her in a casual circumstance. So far, she was the great unknown in Schreient.

Crawford watched as she slowly made eye contact with him. Those eyes seemed empty for a flash, but then a pleasant, gentle smile pulled at her mouth. It was as if a switch had flipped and the doll came to life. He lifted his glass to her. She nodded, so he walked over to her.

“Can I buy you a drink, Miss Neu? We can drink to Schreient's good health,” Crawford offered to see what she'd do with a friendly gesture.

She nodded and said, “Why not to Schwartz's good health, too? I think we'll all need it, but I think you already know that.”

Crawford smiled warmly, taken a little off guard because of the lack of details from his instinct to stay. No danger would come from the woman tonight, but she offered something else. Something that Crawford craved from time to time: surprise.

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story