Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

roborant

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Tot gets a visit from a shinigami.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-10-13 - Updated: 2010-10-13 - 513 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Tot gets a visit from a shinigami.
Author’s Notes: I like my first bit about Crawford introducing Tot to Tsuzuki that I expanded it.
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film. Yami no Matsuei owned by Yoko Matsushita.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 456
October 11, 2010 (7:30am)

roborant \ROB-uh-ruhnt\, adjective:
1. Strengthening; restoring vigor.
noun:
1. A strengthening medicine; a tonic; a restorative.

A jolt hit Tot. Hard. She drew a deep breath again. A deep pain in her chest radiated throughout the rest of her body. She slowly opened her eyes; shock at her surroundings sprang up. She sat up and looked around at the rubble that was once Daddy's home.

She gingerly stood and stumbled through the rubble. The gleam of a knife by her boot caught her attention; her hand flew to her chest. No more wound. All that was left was the tiniest scratch. Tot drew a slow, deep breath. A nagging pain was there.

Tot again walked around, calling out to her sisters. She stumbled forward when she got to the living room and collapsed in front of the once magnificent fireplace. Anger replaced shock as the fog over her memory evaporated.

One word, bitterly, was spat out, “Nagi.”

She felt tears coming on, but a shadow caught her attention. It's them again, she thought bitterly, 'Ever since Crawford came around... Nagi was wrong. He's a very bad man!'

“Well, it seems you won't be coming with me.” The shadows seemed to solidified into that violet-eyed monster Crawford had introduced her to. He may look like a handsome, young man, but she knew otherwise. “Come on now,” he coaxed, “I know you can hear me just fine.”

“Leave Tot alone,” she screamed, sat back on the floor, and refused herself tears.

The monster crouched down in front of her and gave her a smile. It took her off guard because it made him seem so friendly.

“You came to take Tot away, didn't you?” she accused.

The monster shook his head. “Not yet. I was told to come and watch over you, make sure you didn't leave your body before you were restored to it. It would seem your candle flickered, but wasn't meant to go out just yet.” He gave her a wink.

“What about...” At this point the monster's face took on an aggrieved, pitying expression. Her fear of him was overcome as she grabbed the sleeve of his overcoat and demanded, “What about the people Tot loves?”

“It was their time, except for Nagi's. Each and every one of your sisters has gone on. That can't change.”

“I want to see them! Now!” she screamed at the monster.

He shook his head, patted her shoulder, and said, “Not for a long time, my dear.”

With that, the monster Crawford kept calling Tsuzuki faded away from Tot's sight as all shinigami do from time to time when they've finished an assignment.

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story