Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

nepenthe

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Auska before she becomes Nue.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Published: 2010-10-13 - Updated: 2010-10-13 - 402 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Auska before she becomes Nue.
Author’s Notes: The door is open on if Nue was really Auska, probably not. The romantic in me likes the idea, so this is a little piece for that idea. Chizuru Aoi is Hell's given name. I dock my time from this piece.
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 318
October 13, 2010 (7:23am)

nepenthe \ni-PEN-thee\, noun:
1. A drug or drink, or the plant yielding it, mentioned by ancient writers as having the power to bring forgetfulness of sorrow or trouble.
2. Anything inducing a pleasurable sensation of forgetfulness, esp. of sorrow or trouble.

Auska awoke with a tremendous pain throughout her chest and stomach. She opened her eyes and looked around at what she first thought was a hospital room. But it was bizarre, with no windows, and there was nothing around to indicate Yohji had been by.

She tried standing, but dizziness overwhelmed her. She couldn't find a way to call a nurse, either. She settled back on the pillows and figured Yohji would show up soon. She tried to sort things out in her head: the Liott club investigation, running for cover, and Yohji getting shot. She panicked, now remembering the details. A machine beside her bed started beeping a little faster.

Finally, a tall, dark-haired man strode in with a woman beside him, both wearing white lab coats. He went right to the machine, checked it, and consulted a clipboard on the bedside table.

“Doctor?” Ausaka asked. “My partner, Kuduo, was with me. Is he here too?”

“Please, please, my dear, don't stress yourself out. You must rest if you want a full recovery.”

“Yes, Sir, but could you tell me if he's okay?”

“First take your medicine,” he said, motioning to the nurse. She handed Auska two blue pills in a paper cup. Ausaka swallowed them and took some water. Soon another wave of dizziness overcame her, but the nurse helped settle her back.

The doctor and nurse turned to leave, but Ausaka heard the nurse say, “We need to up the dose, Masafumi. She's still not useful to us.”

He replied, “I know, Chizuru. Increase the dosage by twenty percent. By the end of this week, she'll forget her own name.”

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story