Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Evidently, Immortals Walk With Us

by AshTheDeathBat 2 reviews

Hazel doesn't believe Gerard when he tells her his secret. So, scaring her pants off of her is the best way to make her believe.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-10-13 - Updated: 2010-10-13 - 1097 words

0Unrated
A/N: I would like to apologize for any confusion. In the last chapter, the name 'Bella' was used. I was looking at a rough copy of that chapter instead of the one in my actual 'Murder Me Slowly' notebook. That was the name my friend had orignially wanted me to use for her character. All is fixed now. You may now enjoy this chapter.
While I enjoy this wonderful Halloween cupcake. Yum yum, eat 'em up. (If you can get that reference from my favorite 90's cartoon, I'll send you a cookie.)


I sat on the couch and stared at Gerard after he had told me his secret; I felt my mouth creeping open. He couldn’t be a vampire. I mean, they don’t really exist.

“Yes, Hazel. We do really exist.” He sighed.

Did he just read my mind? Hear my thoughts?

“I read your mind, yes.”

This was really starting to freak me out. I’d always wanted to meet a vampire. I thought it would be cool. Even maybe being one would be awesome. In the back of my mind, a voice always told me that they didn’t really exist. I looked up at Gerard, I could feel the skeptical look on my face.

“Don’t look at me like that.” He glared at me. Then, his face fell. “You don’t believe me.”

I said nothing.

“You don’t believe me?” He asked, anger growing in his voice.

In one swift, faster than light movement, I was being pinned against the basement wall by Gerard. He covered my mouth before I could even start to cry for help. His face got closer to mine.

“I didn’t want to show you this.” He said, softly. “But this is the only thing I can do to make you see.”

He looked down at the ground as his body started to tremble. When he looked back up at me, his eyes were turned completely black. He mouth stretched open, wider than any humans could. The eye teeth in his mouth stretched into fangs. He looked so violent, so cruel.

I screamed, only to have it muffled by the palm of Gerard’s hand. My heart started to throb in my ears, terrified of what he could possibly do to me at the moment.

He removed his hand, but kept me pinned against the wall. Slowly, he started to fade back into his mortal look.

“Gerard…” My voice shook as I said his name.

“Do you believe me now?” He asked, his voice apologetic for scaring me.

“Y-Yes.” I managed to choke out.

He took my hand and lead me back over to the couch. He sat down, then pulled me with him.

“I’m sorry if that scared you.” He said softy. I just needed for you to believe me.” He looked into my eyes. “I really am sorry.”

“It’s okay. I should have believe you in the first place.” I said.

“You still want to be with me, right?” He looked at me.

“Of course.” I smiled a little. “Nothing could make me not want to be with you.”


The next day, Gerard and I were hanging out in the mall food court. I was playing with my food, annoying him with some of my many questions.

“So, is everyone a vampire that’s in the band?” I asked him as we sat at a table build for about ten people. It was my day off.

“Well, I used to be the only one. But, since I had to save Frank, and Emma bit Bob, there are three now.” He explained.

Ever since he told me he was a vampire, I had been so curious to learn more about him.

“Why’d she bite him?” I asked him.

“She wanted him to be like her, I suppose.” He shrugged.

“Oh, why did Frankie only have a few scratches after the car wreck?” I was probably getting unbearably annoying.

“No, you’re not.” He told me. “When you are a vampire, you heal quickly. If you cut yourself, like a little scratch, you will heal within a few minutes.

“Does it hurt?” I asked.

“Being cut?” He gave me an odd look.

“No, becoming a vampire.” I grinned at him.

“The bite, or the transformation?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “All of it, I guess.”

“Well, the bite only hurts like a bee sting, but the pain lasts longer.” He said. “The transformation, that Hazel, is a completely different story.”

“What’s it like?”

“It’s the worst pain you could imagine. First,” He cringed. “First, the venom fills your veins. You can feel it rushing though them. They start to throb hard. Then, you feel the insides of you start to change. They feel like they are going to fall out, and they burn. You can feel your bones twisting as the venom gets to them. Basically, you feel like you are going to die, and by the middle of the transformation, you wish that you were dead.”

“How long does it normally take?” I asked.

“About two days.” He sighed.

There was a weird silence between us.

“Will you turn me?” I asked him, quickly.

“What?” A bewildered look appeared on his face.

“Will you change me into a vampire?” I asked.

“No.” He replied.

“Why not?” I whined to him.

“There is no way in hell that I would put you through that.” He glared slightly. “I remember that pain, Hazel. I’m not letting you go through that.”

“Please?” I gave him the best puppy dog eyes I could.

“No.” He said.

“But, once I’m gone, you will still be there. All alone.” I told him, hoping I could guilt him into it.

“Your silly little guilt trip won’t work on me.” He said. “That’s one of the reasons why I’m not changing you. So you don’t have to face this immortality that I have to.”

“Well, if you change me, then I could be there with you.” I told him.

“Stop it.” He laughed at me,

“I hate you.” I grumbled at him.

“No you don’t!” He smirked.

“Do so!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“No, you don’t. I can read your mind. Remember?” He laughed at me, again.

Damn you. I thought.

“Hey, I heard that!” He grinned as we got up and started to walk out the mall. He kissed me on the cheek as we strolled through the parking lot to his car.
Sign up to rate and review this story