Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreamland

The Truth Surfaces, Unlucky.

by fabulouskilljoy8_8 1 review

Sam tells libby some home truths she really didnt need to know.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2010-10-29 - Updated: 2010-10-29 - 1328 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 8

It was fast approaching 1am, and with every second ticking by, I got more and more anxious for people to leave so we could just get this over with. Gee, Meera and all the rest had left about 15 minutes before, supporting a still snoring Mikey on their shoulders. Finally people started leaving and I braced myself for what was next to come, I found Frank in the kitchen, pouring the last of a cup of coffee down his throat, as an attempt to sober up.
“So, where is it meant to happen…?”
“Just outside your room, God, im so scared.” I shivered involuntarily and moved closer to where Frank was standing.
“So, seriously, where are the frying pans, I need some protection here…”
“Don’t worry, I think your sorted for protection, seeing as you have a loaded gun in your pants.” He snorted, I guessed he was trying to keep the mood light hearted. I took his hand in mine and lead him out of the kitchen, I decided to check the front room first, and was quite disappointed to be immediately faced with Sam, with his hand underneath the sofa cushion. I pulled the gun out of the back or my jeans and dangled it on one finger.
“Looking for this…?” I said, trying to sound confident and keep my voice from cracking, but failing miserably.
“Where did you get that?”
“Why do you want to know?” Frank asked, with so much aggression and anger in his voice I cringed away from him.
“…I…I…” I stepped towards Sam, only to be pulled backwards by Frank.
“Don’t play innocent Sam. I know you’ve killed someone else. The red-haired girl in the factory? Remember her?”
“Wait, how the hell do you…? How did you know that?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, im about to go and call the police and tell them there is a guy in my house who had a gun, who killed someone, and I witnessed it, and then your going to get sent to prison.”
“Right, and what evidence do you have?”
“The fact that you just said; “Wait, how the hell do you…? How did you know that?” when I spoke about her. So what was her name? What had she done wrong?” My voice quivered.
“Her name was Grace. She was the girl I was in love with, the girl I dreamed about, but she didn’t love me, she loved someone else…Him,” he snarled at Frank, “I told her I loved her, and she laughed in my face. I was so mad, I wasn’t thinking, I just…” He paused, “And then…then I think about him, and how much he’s hurt me, and I was pissed. You’re a piece of shit, you know that right?” The question was aimed at Frank, but I couldn’t help but get mad.
“Hey, don’t you ever call my boyfriend a piece of shit, especially not in my presence…and by the way, I don’t think Frank’s ever done anything to hurt you.”
“Your boyfriend? So what, you trapped her in your little web and you haven’t even told her the truth?” Again, it was aimed at Frank.
“Well, I’ve got a little news for ya honey, your boyfriend aint all he’s cracked up to be. He’s a bully, he’s a cheat, and he’s an ass.”
“What…What do you mean?” I asked, a little confused and scared by his words.
“He dated Grace, he cheated on Grace. He refused to be seen in public with Grace because he didn’t want anyone to know they were together, and whenever she tried to back out, he would call her names and bully her into staying with him. Isn’t that right Mr. Perfect?” He said sarcastically, looking impressed with the fact that there appeared to be a horrified look on my face and an incredibly angry look on Frank’s. I handed the gun to Frank, whispering to him to hold it the same way I had. I then pulled out my cell and dialed 911, I was through listening to this guys shit.

After explaining the situation to the cops, they told us to hang tight and a squad car would be there to pick him up any minute. I was surprised it was so easy. They must have been looking for Grace, and thought of Sam as a suspect, and this was all they needed. As promised, around 3 minutes later I heard sirens and could see the flashing lights of the car. I ran to the door to open it and two officers came rushing in, handcuffs at the ready. I ran after them and watched as they cuffed Sam and hauled him into the car.
“You know,” Sam said to me as he passed, “I thought you were a nice person, I thought you were at least smart enough not to fall for this guys tricks, but I guess I was wrong, you’re a naïve little bitch just like Grace.” I was speechless. Suddenly I felt Frank wrap his arms around me and kiss the back of my head.
“You okay?” I knew my answer, and I knew the answer he wanted to hear, unfortunately they were two different words, and I wasn’t about to lie to him.
“No.” I said simply, then I unwound his arms and walked back into his house. I walked down to his room; where I grabbed all my stuff and turned to walk back upstairs but he blocked my way, standing at the bottom of the stairs staring at me questioningly. He knew why I was upset, I knew I was crazy to be upset, but I stall was.
“Oh come on. Please, please don’t tell me you believe him.” he begged, taking a step closer to me.
“I...I...I don’t know. I don’t want to, but it all makes sense. I mean, why else would he have wanted both of you dead?” I asked him honestly, crossing my fingers his answer would prove his innocence and I could get back to loving him again.
“…I don’t have a clue…maybe he’s crazy…?” I felt like screaming, right then, just because of his answer.
“Frank, just answer me this, did you ever date that girl…Grace?” I asked in almost a whisper. He shook his head but didn’t look at me.
“Frank. Look me in the eyes, and tell me you didn’t date her…” I spoke a little louder. He looked up at me, with frustration and begging in his eyes. He sighed and took another step, before stopping and continuing to stare at me.
“…I did, but only for like, 4 days, there’s no way any of that stuff could have been true, besides, it was months ago. I broke up with her…well, months ago.” Tears welled up in my eyes, he’d lied and that was all I needed to know, because if he lied now, wouldn’t he lie again, and if what Sam said about them dating was true, all the other things he said could be too. I threw the strap of my bag over my shoulder and tightened my grip on my jacket I walked straight past him and up the stairs.
“Liberty wait, please, WAIT!” he shouted as he ran after me. I stormed out of his house and down his road, all the while listening too and ignoring his pleas for me to slow down or wait for him. Eventually he stopped following, realizing there was nothing he could do now. I made it home in just less than 20 minutes because of my angry speed walking. I ran up the stairs and into my room, where I flopped down on my bed and cried myself to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story