Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Take Me For What I Am

Unwanted Birthday

by vampyGee 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-31 - Updated: 2010-11-01 - 1053 words

0Unrated
~Frank~






“Mikey, would you please chill out?” I asked my best friend. He sat next to me, fidgeting like crazy as we watched TV on the sofa, it was April 8, and Gerard was coming to visit for the weekend of his birthday, he should be here any minute.



This meant so much to Mikey, seeing that Gerard hasn’t visited since Halloween, which meant he didn’t even come home for Christmas, that really hurt Mikey. Gerard still talked to him on the phone, but I knew things were not the same for him anymore, not after that night.



“I’m excited!” he pouted. “And I’m starving, Frank, can you go get a frozen pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven?.”


“Fine.” I rolled my eyes. “But only because I’m hungry too, and your mom is working the late shift.” I muttered, walking out of the room to make the pizza, when the door bell rang. I quickly opened it, to reveal Gerard.


“Gerard!” I impulsively hugged him quick, and let him inside, he sat down his suitcase.


“Hey Frank.” he said softly, I took a good look at him. He was still beautiful, his raven black hair now reached his shoulders, his cheeks were a little rounder, he looked like he had gained a little weight. His hazel eyes were bloodshot, and I could smell cigarette smoke on him. “Mikes here?”


“Of course, he’s been waiting for you, he’s in the den.” I said, and went to go make the pizza.




“Geeeee!” I heard Mikey yell, before most likely tackling his brother.





XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX




~Gerard~





Knock! Knock!


I looked at my bedside clock, it was midnight.


“Mikey?” I asked, wondering if he was having a bad dream again.


“Nope.” Frank said quietly, shutting my door as he came in. Puberty was really working wonders for him, he was short but he was getting a nice build to him, not to mention his cute little ass I had got a look of earlier. I choked then, literally choked, was I really having those thoughts about my brother’s best friend? No, of course not, what was I thinking?

“Can we talk?” he asked, I nodded and he sat down on the edge of my bed, I sat up to speak with him.




“Why wouldn’t you come home for Christmas?” he asked.



I sighed and grabbed my box of Marlboros, lighting up. “I wasn’t going out in public at that time, I hate myself Frank, it took a lot to come home this time, after what happened on Halloween.”


“Since when do you smoke?” he asked.


I shrugged. “Since about……November?” I exhaled.


“But Gerard, just because of one person, you just can’t be anti-social the rest of your life.” he told me.


I shook my head. “Not anti-social, just avoiding people unless I need to make contact. I mean, look at me, I’m a fat hermaphrodite, it’s not like someone will want me now.” I smirked.



He shook his head. “Your not fat….just….chubby.”


I rolled my eyes. “Either way, people won’t want me, and it’s better that way.”


His expression changed several times, then he slowly looked into my eyes. “Gerard, I know I’m only 16, but please listen to me, you don’t want to go through your life alone, someone out there is going to love you so very much.”



“Frank, love isn’t for everyone.” I muttered, flicking ash into my ashtray.


“Bullshit!” Frank crossed his arms and pouted. “Gerard, there are so many good things about you, someone will love you, love is too for everyone!”


I laughed. “What could anyone love about me?”



“Your personality, your looks.” he said softly, looking down at my bed.



“My looks? No. Personality? I’m twisted.” I shot down his ideas.



“You know what Gerard-” Frank got up from my bed. “I try and help you, but your so god damned bitter, I wouldn’t be surprised if no one ever fell in love with you!” and he stormed out of my room.


I felt like I had been slapped in the face. Had I really treated him that bad?




The next day……………..




~Frank~



Mikey had invited me to stay over for Gerard’s “birthday” dinner, which consisted of both his parents and his Grandma. I loved his Grandma Elena, she made the best cookies, but as we all sat down, to some kind of Italian pasta, Gerard didn’t seem happy.



“Gerard?” Don asked his son.

“Yes dad?” he said quietly.


“What’s wrong?” he asked, the first time I ever saw him show any concern for Gerard.


“Oh, just the fact that I wish everyday that when I was born a kind nurse would have killed me.”



Everyone at the table’s jaw nearly dropped.


“Gerard!” his mother began to tear up. “don’t say things like that!”



“I just did.” he said darkly. “I’m a I’m a bitter unlovable freak of nature-” he got up from the table. “isn’t that right Frank?” he glared at me, and stormed out of the room, we heard the front door slam.



“Did you call him that?” Mikey asked me.


“I…no Mikey, I fucking didn’t!”


“Boys! Language!” Donna hissed.


“Donna, let them express themselves.” Elena muttered





~Gerard~




“Gerard!” I heard a voice yell, and pounding footsteps on the sidewalk behind me, until he finally caught up with me. “Listen!” he said. “I never said you were unlovable, but your getting to be very bitter.”



I looked down at the teenager, he seemed to be far more intelligent for his years……


“But what you just did, Gerard, that has your whole family upset, the people you care about.”



“I meant what I said Frank.” I said in a bored tone.


“I’m sure you did Gerard but……….” Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug, surprising me. It was comforting, and made me feel warm inside, slowly, I wrapped my arms around his small frame.


“Frank?” I asked him.


“Yeah?” he looked up at me.


“I’m sorry I’m such an asshole.”



He shook his head. “Gerard, your not as asshole, let’s get back to your family, please?”




Sign up to rate and review this story