Categories > Original > Romance > Love and Death

That's A Good Quetion

by jadesohma 0 reviews

lalala

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-10-31 - Updated: 2010-11-01 - 571 words

0Unrated
I get her home and feed her bread. It's a bit stale and theres not alot of it. She ate it down. She said it was the sweetest thing she had ever eatten. Then, she threw it up. I took her to the gest room. She sleept wile I clean up her vomit.

As the smell dimed, the front door opend. Mama.

"Mama!" I ran to give her a hug. "Mama, I hope you don't mind, I took in a girl from the street. Her name is Angela. Her father died three years ago. She was kicked out on the streets then. She hasn't had a meal or home since. Can she stay?" I tell her quickly.

"Let me see this girl." She tells me. I take her to the gest room. She was asleep on the cot in there. "She seems so....ill. Of course she can stay." She gave me a smile and another hug.

"Thank you mama. I know she will be greatful." I say. I feel so good. This is great.


12:34 night.

I'm sitting in a wooden chair aside from her bed. She has been screaming in her sleep. I calm her down when she wakes. She would cry and yell names. Her eyes never opend. She just sat up. I am lucky I don't have a shift tomarrow. I never have it on weekends.

"Jamie!" She screamed. She cryed in her hands. I wrap my arms around her and make a "shh" sound till she grew heavey again and I would lay her down and pull the covers over her.

"Shes a Jew, isn't she." I freez and turn to my mama. Her arms were crossed and head down.

"Mama-"

"Is she a jew?" Her voice didn't seem angry or cold.

I stand and walk up to her. Shes very short and I towner over her. She had tears in her eyes but non fell.

"Are you ashamed of me?" I ask her softly.

"No. I am so proud." Her voice was shaking but she smiles and put her arms around my neck. "You are a good boy. I knew you had a heart. I thought I lost you. Now I know I hadn't."

"Mama? What are you talking about?" I am confused. She thought she lost me?

"You don't know what they do in those camps? You work near one! How could you not know?!" She said rathher loud. "Rance, they kill people. They aren't scum or things. They are living breathing humans. They brain washed you in Hitler youth. I never wanted you to go. But I just sat and watched you change. Now, I know you would never thing these people were scum. You saved one. You just saved a life. I hope you know that." She cry to my chest. I felt like shit again. I did think these people were scum. I only saw them a scum. Now that I see there faces. They are people. What have we done to peoples lives?

"I'm so proud of you. She can stay forever if she'd like. I will nurse her back to life. She looks like she needs it. But I have one question." She looks me in the eyes.

"Anything, Mama" I say to her.

"Why her?"

"That's a question I don't know the answer to." She smiled and cryed once again. My shirt was wet as well as my cheeks.
Sign up to rate and review this story