Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is Where It Starts

Benjamin Spike

by kenzoid 2 reviews

The three go to find out the sex of Elodies baby.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-03 - Updated: 2010-11-04 - 1775 words - Complete

0Unrated
BABETTE
All of next week I tried to get a hold of my mother to talk to her about Elodie, but she either wouldn’t pick up or refused to talk about it at all. Summer had let out for Gerard among many others and he was spending more and more time at my apartment than ever. I enjoyed his company very much, but felt embarrassed because of my sister’s terrible attitude.

“Just give up Babs. Mom doesn’t want me anymore.” Elodie sighed, flopping on the couch after another failed attempt to reason with our mother. Xerxes sat on her lap and she teased him with her fingers.

“That isn’t true. Mom loves you.” I said firmly. Elodie muttered a “whatever” and started flipping channels on the TV.

“Shouldn’t you be at school?” I asked, feeling frustrated.

“First of all, its summer vacation. Second of all, I dropped out when I got knocked up.” She said plainly. I pursed my lips. I worried for Elodie. She was throwing her life away more and more with each passing day and I felt like there was nothing I could do to stop it. It was like watching a car accident and not being able to get involved.

“Well, I scheduled an ultra sound for you tomorrow at three. We’re going to find out the sex of the baby.” I said, jotting down a note on the calendar.

“Whatever…” her voice trailed off.

“Don’t care about anything?” I blurted out.

“Nope…” Elodie shrugged. I groaned loudly.

“Hey, what’s with all the noise?” Gerard said, coming in from the bedroom. I felt so grateful that he was here. He had been acting like a peacekeeper between us ever since she moved in.

“Ugh, its nothing. I’m taking Elodie to get an ultra sound tomorrow.” I grumbled.

“Oh, can I come?” Gerard asked eagerly. Elodie and I both looked at him with puzzled expressions.

“Why would you want to? I’m the pregnant one and I don’t even want to be there.” Elodie said in amazement.

“I dunno. It’ll be interesting I guess.” Gerard shrugged. Elodie told him he could come and I started making spaghetti for dinner.

I had a hunch that Gerard was actually looking forward to Elodie’s baby being born. He had an extremely watchful eye over her. He always made sure she wasn’t hungry, took her vitamins, and stayed away from the microwave. It was like he had become a surrogate father to her or something. Either way it was very sweet to see him like this. I guess he felt he needed to protect her and me and the baby. He had really taken charge as the “man of the house”.

“I’m going to take a shower.” Elodie said, pulling herself up from the couch. She waddled off into the bathroom and closed the door with a snap.

“So what’s all this interest in the baby?” I asked with a hint of smugness in my voice, stirring the softening noodles.

“What do you mean?” Gerard asked, putting his hands on my waist and kissing my neck.

“Well, you’ve been watching out for Elodie a lot lately. You seem really involved.” I shrugged.

“I dunno…” Gerard said with a sigh. “I guess I just want things to work out for her.”

“We all do…” I mumbled. Gerard kissed my cheek and said something about calling Ray.

THE NEXT DAY

“Elodie! Get a move on!” I shouted down the hall as I grabbed my coat.

“I’m coming, I’m coming! I can only waddle so fast!” she shouted back as she made her way to the front door. Gerard honked twice from outside, letting us know we were on the verge of being late.

“Gah! Let’s go, go, go!” I said, practically shoving Elodie out the door. We scurried down the stairs and pilled into the car.

“Jeez! What took you so long?” Gerard asked, starting the car. I rolled my eyes as I buckled my seat belt.

“You buckled in El?” I asked, glancing into the back seat.

“Yes mom.” Elodie spat, putting an obnoxious amount of emphasis on the word “mom”. I rolled my eyes again and tried to focus on the sound of the radio as we drove. She could be a real brat sometimes. We pulled up to the OBGYN and parked in a good spot, close to the entrance.

“I’ll go sign us in, you two find some seats.” I said as we entered the waiting room. Gerard nodded and escorted Elodie to the cushy looking chairs. I walked up to the receptionist.

“Hello, how may I help you?” she said with a cheesy smile.

“I’m here to sign in.” I said through a fake grin. She beamed and pulled out a clipboard and started instructing me on how to fill out the form. While she yammered on, I snuck a peek a Gerard and Elodie. They were leaning back in two chairs and Elodie was actually laughing very loudly at something he had said.

“And just put your initials here ma’am.” Smiled the receptionist, waking me from my thoughts. I jumped and little quickly dashed down my name on the space she had her manicured finger on.

“What are you two laughing about?” I asked as I took my seat next to Gerard.

“The face you make when you climax.” Elodie teased. I felt my face fall and my cheeks scorch before shooting eye-daggers at Gerard. “Jesus sis, I’m joking! Gerard was actually telling me about the time when Frank jumped on Mat’s drum set and ended up falling off and taking half of it with him.” Elodie clarified. I sighed inwardly with relief.

“Can I meet your band friends?” Elodie inquired, resting her hands on her baby bump.

“Uh, I dunno. Tomorrow I guess. What do you think Babes?” Gerard asked, turning to me.

“I’m fine with it. What’s going on tomorrow?” I asked.

“Nothing really. I was just thinking we could all get together, maybe have a party.” Gerard said with a shrug.

“Sweet! I love to party.” Elodie hinted slyly.

“Heh, no booze for you missy.” I said seriously. Elodie frowned and rolled her eyes. “No hooking up with anybody either.” I added.

“C’mon! Being pregnant makes you horny!” she complained. Gerard stared off into space awkwardly, obviously becoming uncomfortable with the situation. “I mean the other week I got an orgasm from riding the bus!” she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air, attracting attention from all the other pregnant ladies in the room.

“Okay Ellie, that’s enough.” I said calmly, taking her hands and folding them on her lap.

“What? It’s a happy story!” she said exasperatedly.

“Elodie Wells? The doctor is ready to see you,” said a nurse in blue scrubs, coming from a door on our left.

“That’s us.” I said, helping Elodie up. The three of us followed the nurse into a dimly lit room with two chairs; a paper covered table and loads of expensive looking equipment.

“The doctor will be right with you. Here, put this on.” Said the nurse, handing Elodie a paper gown and then leaving.

“Ew.” Elodie said, holding the garment at arm’s length and making a face. “Gerard, close your eyes. I don’t want you to see how weird I look naked.” She instructed. Gerard chuckled and covered his eyes with his hands and I stared into space as Elodie put on the gown.

“Okay.” She said. Gerard and I both looked up and laughed at her ridiculous pose. “What do you think? The cover of Vanity Fair?” she joked, striking another pose.

“I think it’s a little more Vogue, actually.” Gerard laughed. Elodie grinned and hopped up on the table, just as an Indian male doctor stepped into the room.

“Hello, I assume your Elodie Wells? My name is doctor Raja. ” He grinned. Elodie nodded and shook his hand. “And this is your sister?” he asked, turning to me. I shook his hand awkwardly. “And this is…?” he said, turning to Gerard with an inquisitive look on his face.

“I’m her sister’s boyfriend.” Gerard clarified. Dr. Raja nodded and then proceeded to explain to us how the ultra sound worked as he set up the equipment.

“Okay now, just lift up your shirt so we can begin.” He instructed. Elodie did as she was told and he applied a gel that had to be ice cold to her slightly protruding stomach. And with a strange device he moved around on her until he found a very grainy black and white picture on the screen near his head.

“Ah! See, that is your baby!” he said joyfully. I couldn’t help but smile; babies were always a happy affair. “Everything seems to look as it should…it’s a good size for being six months along, a bit small though, but still healthy. And I’ll try to find its private parts…” he rambled, moving the device around. Elodie stifled a laugh when he said “private parts”. I rolled my eyes; she was so immature.

“Oh! I found them! And your baby is a…boy!” he said happily, pointing at what had to be a tiny dick on the screen.

“Well would you look at that.” Elodie said simply.

“Congratulations! I’ll let you get dressed.” Dr. Raja smiled and made his way out of the room after printing the ultra sound picture.

“Close your eyes!” Elodie commanded. Gerard and I did as we were told and waited until she was dressed. We left the OBGYN with the printed picture and new ideas about baby names and room decorations.

“I was thinking I would name him Damien, after the kid from the Omen.” Elodie pondered in the car ride home.

“You are not naming your son after the devil.” I said, rolling my eyes. I seemed to be doing a lot of that lately.

“Fine. What about Robert?” she asked, absentmindedly stroking her semi-flat stomach.

“Eh, too proper.” I said, shaking my head.

“Your right. How’s about…Benjamin?” She inquired. Gerard and I both looked at each other and nodded.

“That sounds cute.” I agreed. “Any middle name ideas?”

“I like the sound of Benjamin Spike. Then I could call him Benjy Spike. How bad ass would that be?” Elodie enthused. It did have a nice ring to it, as strange as it sounded.

“That sounds cool. Benjy Spike it is!” Gerard announced.
Sign up to rate and review this story