Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is Where It Starts

Long Island Iced Tea

by kenzoid 3 reviews

Everybody gets together and it all goes wrong.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-06 - Updated: 2010-11-07 - 1685 words - Complete

1Ambiance
BABETTE
I awoke the next morning to something brushing my collarbone so softly it might not have been real. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and saw that it was Gerard, planting soft butterfly kissed on my neck and upper chest. He noticed I had awoken and smiled up at me.

“Good morning.” He grinned, leaning up and kissing my lips.

“A good morning it is.” I agreed, kissing him again. We cuddled up under the covers to keep warm in my chilly room. Gerard lay with his head on my chest and I stroked his matted hair. These were the moments I loved best of all.

“I think I’m having an anxiety attack.” Gerard said suddenly. I sat up and looked at him with a worried expression. His eyes were the size of dinner plates and they looked so frightened it broke my heart.

“Hey now….” I said softly, pulling his head back so that it was resting on my chest again. “What’s making you anxious?”

“I don’t know. I just get nervous out of nowhere.” He said, his voice panicky. I furrowed my brow in sympathy, wanting to just take away all of his sadness.

“I’m sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help.” I offered.

“You are helping…But I haven’t been completely honest with you.” He mumbled. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to expel the nervous energy. After a few minutes he reopened them and kissed me. I felt even more concerned now.

“When I was twelve I worked in this comic book store. And one day while I was cashiering it got robbed. He made me lay on the floor face down and put a gun to the back of my head.” He confessed. I gasped in shock.

“Gerard…oh my god.” Was all I could manage to say.

“I’ve gotten over it for the most part, but I still think about it. I-I just don’t know what to do with myself when I get like this.” He said, his voice and his entire body shaking. I held him closer, trying to squeeze the worry out of him.

“He’s far, far away Gerard. He can’t hurt you here, nobody can.” I assured him. I kissed his cheek numerous times, trying to bury the message in his brain with my lips.

“Thank you for being so patient.” He said, getting out of bed suddenly and reaching for a pair of jeans.

“After the way you helped me…it’s the least I can do.” I said, pulling him back toward the bed.

“What are you doing?” He asked as I lured him back under the covers.

“The guys can wait until later, I think we should just have a cuddle day. Besides, Elodie won’t be up until noon at the earliest.” I explained. “Cuddle days” were mornings we spent wrapped up in bed together, talking and snoozing. I think he needed one of those right now.

“Your right.” He nodded, making himself comfortable. We entangled our arms and legs together and released a relaxing sigh. This was nice, just laying together and enjoying each other’ company.

“Y’know, we don’t talk very much.” Gerard speculated as we laid together. I thought about this for a few moments.

“Your right. We’re too busy doing other things.” I said slyly. Gerard laughed, but got serious again.

“I don’t want our relationship to only be about sex.” He said quietly.

“It isn’t.” I assured him, planting a tiny kiss on the tip of his nose.

“I want us to more than just that. I don’t want to loose you.” He said so honestly it broke my heart a little bit.

“Don’t worry about loosing me, I’m yours. I’m yours and your mine.” I promised him. A small smile cracked upon his face.

“Okay.” He said impishly. Sometimes he was just so adorable I couldn’t stand it. I pulled my arms around his neck and smothered his entire face with a shower of little kisses.

And then we just laid there, the warmth of our bodies combined lulling us in and out of sleep. It was so quiet, so peaceful. After a while of silence, Gerard reached over and turn on my CD player. Bow Wow Wow’s “Fools Rush In” came on at my favorite part and I couldn’t help but sing along.

“When we met, I felt my life begin so open up your heart and let this fool rush in.” I sang quietly and happily as I made my fingertips dance across the purple bed quilt we were wrapped in.

“EW, WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?” Elodie yelled from the doorway, looking wide-eyed and pale-faced. Gerard and I sprang up in shock and embarrassment.

“We were cuddling!” I said defensively. Elodie made a fake gagging sound and laughed before walking out of the room. I sighed grumpily and hopped out of bed: the moment was ruined.

“Sorry about Elodie. She can be a real brat sometimes.” I grumbled and I changed into some clothes.

“Its okay. She’s just sassy is all.” Gerard said, being more understanding than anybody else I knew. Gerard got dressed too and called everybody to meet up at his house and I went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

“You guys should lock your door more often.” Elodie teased as she sat at the counter, already dressed.

“You should shut the fuck up more often.” I sneered angrily. Elodie rolled her eyes and I did too.

“Okay, everybody is coming over.” Gerard announced as he came out of the bedroom. “Do you have any booze around here?” he asked, looking through some cabinets.

“A bit early to be drinking don’t ya think? You drank it all last weekend. Besides, I don’t drink that often anyway.” I informed him cautiously.

“Damn. Ah, well there’s beer at the house.” He shrugged. After the party, I had begun to take more notice in his constant drinking. He would drink from the time he got up to the time he went to sleep; always wanting to stay buzzed. It made me apprehensive, but since it was in small amounts I tried not to over react.

“Well, I’m ready when you’re ready.” Elodie said.

After breakfast we all piled in my car and drove to the ferry docks. Then we sat and listened to Elodie throw up over the side of the ferry for twenty minutes before finally getting to New Jersey. Then we walked all the way to Gerard’s house where we found everybody waiting for us in the garage.

Gerard and I were greeted with hugs and kisses and Elodie was introduced to everybody.

“What?” she snapped at Mikey, who was eyeing her creepily.

“Nothing…” he mumbled stuffily and shuffled away.

“In case anybody hasn’t already noticed, I’m pregnant.” She announced flatly. Everybody looked at their shoes or into space.

“Elodie…” I said, putting a hand on her arm.

“Stop! I’m just tired of being stared at!” she said defensively. I gave her a sympathetic stare and she mumbled something about having to go to the bathroom. Mikey got up and showed her where it was.

“That girl is gonna drive me up a wall.” I sighed heavily. Gerard turned to the fridge and grabbed a beer for everybody and handed them out.

“Do you have any ice tea?” I asked, shying away from the beer.

“Yeah, one sec.” Ray said, getting up and heading into the house. After a few minutes he brought out a full pitcher. I poured myself a glass and chugged it, thankful that my thirst was quenched.


LATER
I was kneeling on the floor, throwing up in a trash can. Gerard was holding my hair back thing while Ray and Frank laughed. This was probably the first time he was sober and I wasn’t. Mikey had yet to come in from showing Elodie where the bathroom was.

“What did you slip me?” I shrieked at them, becoming angry.

“We didn’t slip you anything! You drank the Long Island ice tea all by yourself!” Frank said defensively. I stopped in my tracks.

“Long Island ice tea? That has so much booze in it!” I screamed at him drunkly. I was so mad I could’ve exploded. But instead I just started to cry.

“Hey, don’t cry Babes. Your gonna be okay.” Gerard said, scooping me up off the floor and toward the door leading into the house.

“No I’m not!” I sobbed and slurred, gagging again. Puke dribbled out of my mouth and I cried even harder. Gerard sighed and grumbled as he dragged me into the house.

“Guys, you gotta head out.” He called back to Ray and Frank.

“Gerard? Oh my!” Gerard’s grandma said when she saw us. She looked very concerned.

“Babette is sick. She’s gonna stay here tonight.” Gerard said. It wasn’t a completely lie.

“Does she need anything? We had Pepto Bismal.” Helena offered. Gerard asked her if she could bring it to his room and she agreed before she went to fetch it. Gerard practically had to carry me to his room because it seemed my legs had turn to jelly beneath me.

“Mikey?!” Gerard shouted as soon as he opened the door. I looked over to see Elodie and Mikey in the same bed, not wearing any clothes.

“Ellie! What are you doing? Your pregnant!” I slurred out angrily. Mikey looked shocked and Elodie just laughed.

“You are so wasted Babs.” She chuckled. Then she turned and pulled on her under wear and bra.

“Come on Babes, let’s just go to bed. You’ll feel better in the morning.” Gerard assured me. He tucked me into bed and snuggled in next to me.

For a while I cried drunkenly on him, but then I fell into a deep and dreamless slumber.
Sign up to rate and review this story