Categories > Original > Romance > Love and Death

All I Wanted Was Pancakes

by jadesohma 0 reviews

lala

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-11-11 - Updated: 2010-11-13 - 673 words

0Unrated
"What do you mean you didn't have the star?" I'm worried now. What does she mean? "No one had yellow stars in school. Plus I've never seen one outside....of the..." It clicks. That's why she moved. She didn't move on her own free will. She moved to be closer to the Jewish school. I didn't see her because she didn't stand out enough. Not because she was quiet or short. Because they were kept in a diffrent hall way. In a diffrent part of the school.

"You got it don't you? I was kept like a rat before I hit the camps. Well congrats to our- exuse me- your amazing country for all the pain it caused me and my people." She looks down at the pan. "Cook your wn damn pancakes." She throws it down the pan and stomps off. What the hell was that? What did I do?!

"Don't worry. It's just that time of the month again." Mama calmly said walking into the kitchen getting all my pancakes and leaving.

"Mama!" I yell half about that little slice of infomation I did not need to know and half about my pancakes....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Long day?" Lucky asked, waking me up at the kitchen tables. We were back on gard and I feel alseep sitting down for 2 seconds.

"Yes, I guess." I look up at him, rubbing my eyes.

"Dude, what's wrong?" He looks at me hard. Trying to unfold it.

"Lucky..."

"Yes?" Me mimiced

"Don't laugh alright?"

"Um...Sure?"

"How do you....kiss a girl?"

"RANCE! YOU CAN'T BE SERIUS!"

"..."

"YOU HAVE REALLY NEVER KISSED A GIRL?!"

"Will you shut up?" I hiss. "Jesus, Marry, Joesph."

"Rance, you are one pathetic son of a bitch, ya know that?" He puts his hands on my shoulders at this point.

I put my head down. "Yeah, I know."

"Would this girl be Angie?"

"Angie?"

"Just a nick name."

"Oh, well, yeah. It is."

"She's a toughy. She'll be walking all over you." He says. And that's his nice way of putting it. "Look, she'll come around. Don't worrie. It'll all come into place." Funny. That's what Mama said to me once.

***Three weeks later****

It's the middle of the night and I'm lying in bed. Wide awake. I can't fall asleep. Which, isn't as suprise. I haven't slept since Rachel started to sleep well. My worrie I guess. I always think An officer will come crashing through the door and take her away. When I close my eyes that's all I see. Jesus why do I care so much?

The door creeks. I shoot up with my heart racing and the slight urge to pee myself. (that quickly went away unlike my fast heart) When I see the door open farthur, I can see who it is. Rachel. I see her rib length hair and my pajamas she is wearing.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?" She whispers.

"No. I was up."

"Good." She said more loudly as she closed the door behind her. I could see her face in the moon light. Even when she had just came from bed, she looks amazing. She comes up to my king sized bed and gets under the covers with me.

"S-So what brings you here?" She smiles slightly. "I got my nightmares again. They're coming back. I didn't want to make you come down stairs and sit in that hard chair. So I thought I'd come up here.

"Are they the same dreams?"

She hits my arm.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"For being stupid. Of course they are!" She trys to laugh, but now is just not the time.

"Okay. Have they gotten better?" She hits me again. "Is that a no?" She nods. I smile and chuckle.

When I stop, I felt her press her lips to mine. It was soft, kind, gental, and over all the best feeling I had ever had. It lasted about a minute. Then, I stupidly ask "What was that for?"

"I got tired of waiting for you."
Sign up to rate and review this story