Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life's a Bitch....So Are You

I Do Like You and You Like Me Too

by mandy9207 5 reviews

My fucking head hurts

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-12 - Updated: 2010-11-13 - 1656 words

0Unrated
“Hi mom!” Mandy said as she hugged her mother.

Once she let go she noticed the guest her daughter had brought with her. “So this is Patrick?”
Her mother said as she raised an eyebrow.

“Hi. Nice to meet you Mrs. Marks.” Patrick said as he put his hand out.

“Likewise.” She said as she shook his hand. “Come inside.” She said as she took off her daughter’s jacket.

Mandy walked around her house. Everything was different. New furniture. New TV. New kitchen. The only thing that stood the same was her room.

“I didn’t have the heart to change it. Not yet.” Her mother said as she leaned on the door frame.

“I like the new furniture and the kitchen looks great.” She said as sat on her bed.

“How come you just now decided to tell us about him?”

“I didn’t just tell you about him.”

“Oh excuse me a week ago.”

“I don’t know.” She said as she shrugged. “I knew you would disapprove.”

“Then why do it??”

“Because I care for him a lot. I love him actually. And besides I’m 18 years old I’m not a little kid anymore!”

“I was afraid this was gonna happen.” She said as she shook her head.

“Mom please! I came here to see you guys and have a good time for the holidays let’s not make this an episode.” She begged.

“Fine.” Her mother said as she crossed her arms. “You’re still the same. You still give in easily and you still run away from conflict. There’s no such thing as perfect Mandy.”

“Then why do you keep expecting it from me!??” Mandy shouted.

Her mother shook her head and left.

“Hey boo.” Steve said as he hugged his baby sister.

“Hi Steve.” She said as she hugged him back.

“I met your squeeze. He’s even cuter in person.” He said sarcastically.

“Be good Steve.” Mandy joked.

“I’ll try. Angela darling come here.” Steve said with a hint of sarcasm.

“What do you want? Matt needs to be changed.”

“Just thought you would like to meet Mandy’s guest but if you’d rather change Matt’s diaper be my guest.” He said as he laughed.

“Oh! Sorry I didn’t see you. Patrick right? I’m Angie and this is Matthew.” She said as she smiled as Matthew made baby noises and waved his arms.

“He’s adorable. He’s a year old right?”

Angie nodded. “I’d ask if you want to hold him but nature gave my son a call.” She said as she laughed.

“Don’t let me be the reason for a diaper rash.” Patrick said as he laughed as well.

“Long time no see.” Chris said Mandy’s youngest brother.

“Sup Christophe?”

“Nothing really. Just started college and I like it. You apply for any schools yet?”

“No but I’m looking around.” She lied.

“Okay so is this Nick?” Patrick asked.

Chris laughed. “Nick wishes. I’m Chris.” He said as he put his hand out.

“Ah. Sorry I’m Patrick.”

“I already knew that.” Chris said playfully.

“Just being polite.” Patrick said as he gave him a nervous laugh.

“Hi baby.” Mandy’s father Miller said as he hugged his daughter.

“Hi dad.”

Her father stopped hugging once he saw his daughter’s guest.

“Dad this is Patrick. Patrick this is my father Miller.”

“Very nice to meet you Mr. Marks.” Patrick said politely with a smile.

Mandy’s father scanned Patrick for a moment and then finally shook his hand. “If you ever hurt my daughter. I can kill you and get away with it.”

Patrick’s face flushed. “I would never sir.”

“That’s what I thought.” He said as he laughed and walked away.

“Why do all the men in your family want to kill me?” Patrick whispered to Mandy as they walked into the dining room.

Mandy shrugged. “Maybe I’m actually loved in this family.”

Patrick laughed.

The rest of the evening was just as awkward. Mandy was surprised her father didn’t put Patrick on lie detector test. If he had one he would've though.

“Ever do drugs son?”

“No sir.” Patrick lied. ‘Once!’ He thought in his head.

“Ever get a girl pregnant??”

“No sir.”

“Dad I think that’s enough.” Mandy said through he teeth.

“So Patrick what are you interest besides music?” Cathy her mother asked.

“Oh well nothing really. If I wasn’t a musician I’d either write for a music magazine or radio show host something like that.”

“Did you go to college?” Steve asked.

“No I graduated high school and just went straight into doing stuff for Fall Out Boy.”

“Is it true you tried out for drumming instead?” Chris said from the end of the table.

“Yeah. I didn’t know I was much of a singer but the guys pushed me to it.”

“So do your bandmates do drugs?” Mandy’s father asked again.

“Yes dad they all do drugs even I’m a coke and meth head!” She yelled with a hint of sarcasm.

“I knew it!”

“Miller she’s joking.” Her mother said calming her husband down.

Once the ice was broken things actually went well. Patrick started feeling comfortable and he got a feeling that they liked him.

“Yeah so there I am underneath the stage trying to climb up like I’m a goonie and I just hear a thousand kids screaming Fall Out Boy Fall Out Boy!” Patrick said as he told Mandy’s family the story when they got stuck underneath the stage when the toasters broke back in ’07.

“That’s hilarious! How did it happen?” Her father asked as he chuckled.

“There’s a fluid that makes the spring spring but I guess there wasn’t enough or something.” Patrick said as he shrugged.

Mandy just smiled as she listened to a story she had heard a hundred times. Once on Fuse’s The Sauce another time on TRL and many more interviews but this time she was with him. That was strange but in a good way.

After everyone had their thanksgiving dinner and Mandy her mother and her sister in law cleaned up the kitchen Mandy and Patrick were getting ready to head out.

“And where do you think you’re going?”

“Umm to our hotel room.”

“No daughter of mine is staying in a hotel room. You and Patrick are staying here tonight.”

“There’s no room mom we’ll stay tomorrow night I promise.”

“You’re staying here and that’s final.” Mandy’s father said sternly putting the fear of god inside Patrick.

“Let’s just stay here.” Patrick said quickly.

“Okay.” Mandy said as she sighed. “Come on let’s get our bags.”

Mandy’s mother started talking in another laungage and Mandy nodded. Patrick gave Mandy a’what the fuck’ look.

“She was speaking Greek.”

“You’re Greek???”

“Yes.”

“How come I never knew this? How come I’ve never heard you speak it??”

“I don’t know how and I just chose not to tell you.” She said she smirked.

“Okay…what did your mom tell you?”

“She told me to stay inside and you and my brothers will get our bags.”

Patrick gulped. He had been alone with her brothers a few times already but every time he was they just smiled and nodded. It scared him.

“I’m gonna cut right to it Pat-“ Steve said as he closed the front door.

“Patrick.”

“What?”

“Call me Patrick.”

“Oh okay whatever you say Pat but as I was saying, if you make my sister shed one tear or if I ever find one hair out of her head. I’ll take you into a room full of mirrors and you will watch me kill you.” He said calmly.

“I can assure you that your sister is with a nice guy.” Patrick said as he smiled.

“I hope so for your sake.” Chris said as he laughed.

Patrick came in the house finding Mandy sitting on the couch with her arms folded and looking mad as hell.

“Let’s go.” She said as she got up.

“Why what happened?” Patrick said as he got nervous.

“Nothing let’s just go.” She snapped.

“Go take her so she can turn her back on her family and live with a stranger!” Her mother yelled.

“She knows he’s gonna leave her and when he does we’re not helping you through anything because we warned you!” She screamed making her heart race from fear like when she was a child.

“Please stop!” Mandy yelled.

“No Mandy I can’t sit here and pretend I’m okay with this because I’m not. Neither is your father! None of us are! How do you even know he loves you!?”

“Wait one second!” Patrick shouted.

Everyone looked at him with surprised expressions.

“I know you don’t approve. I know you don’t like me. I know you don’t like what I do BUT if you love your daughter and want the best for her. You should stand behind her no matter what.”
Patrick said sternly.

Everyone sat there and stared at Patrick and his girlfriend. Mandy shook her head and grabbed her things and went outside. Before Patrick went after her he had to let one more thing off of his chest.

“I really wish you all would stop thinking the worst of me. None of you know me. I can and WILL take care of her. Just because a lot of other asshole rockstars are womanizers and lady killers doesn’t mean I am! So please for her sake stop being so quick to judge.” He said before slamming the door in their faces.

My parents aren’t this bad it just makes the story saucier. =P
Sign up to rate and review this story