Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope for Me is...

Chapter 5

by MCRmygirl 5 reviews

Gerard meets Frankie's mom. I'll let you find out what happens.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-11-15 - Updated: 2010-11-15 - 885 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Welp, here's chapter five... It hurt me to write this chapter, and I'm going to warn you all, things get worse before they get better. Sorry. Hope you like it anyway.

Gerard's POV-
I followed Frank through the streets to his home. When we arrived and he pushed the door open, I was struck with the overwhelming scent of pot and cheap booze. The house was small, and filled with broken bottles and discarded pizza boxes.

"You live here?" I asked, completely surprised. Frank was a neat freak; living like this must have driven him crazy. He simply nodded and rushed through the room, taking my hand and tugging me up the stairs.

"We've got about twenty minutes before she comes home," Frank told me as he moved towards his bedroom. He undid a combination lock that his mom must have placed on his door and turned the knob. I followed him into the room and froze in shock.

His room was the polar opposite of the rest of the house. When he closed the door behind me, the smell from downstairs was washed away by the scent of shampoo, Pinesol, and Frankie's cologne. Band posters hung on the walls- Anthrax, Smashing Pumpkins, and many others. A stack of notebooks rested on a shelf hanging beside his window. One of them showed Frankie standing with a man that looked alot like him; both of them were laughing into the camera. Below the two men, in tidy scrawl, was written, "I love you Frankie."

The second picture was one that had been taken around the same time as the first. It was a picture of a fifteen-year-old boy with dark brown eyes and straight brown hair falling in his eyes. He was smiling brightly, his sharp white teeth glinting from the flash. He was pretty dang cute.

There was writing on this one too, though it was slightly obscured by the black martial arts belt that was knotted around the boy's waist. It simply said, "I'll never stop loving you, Frank. Love, Nate."

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Frankie came back out of the closet. I hadn't even seen him go in. He tossed me a suitcase and nodded towards his closet.

"Will you start putting clothes into this one? I'll get the other stuff," he instructed me, wrapping the pictures in a pair of socks. I nodded and disappeared into the closet, leaving him to pack the rest of the room.

I grabbed T-shirts and jeans and folded them, practically throwing them into the suitcase. I realized we were low on time, and my heart was racing. It was horrible, but not as bad as what was about to happen.

"Frank Iero, what do you think you're doing?"

My heart stopped.

"I'm leaving, Mom. I'm going to live with- with a friend. I'm not letting you hurt me anymore. And I'm definitely not letting you hurt him."

I was frozen with fear. I was scared, not for me, but for Frankie. All I could do was stand int the closet, useless, and listen to their exchange.

"YOU SPAWN OF THE DEVIL!" Frank's mother roared. "YOU LEARNED WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SCREW BOYS, YOU FAGGOT! WHERE IS HE?" I heard glass shatter, and Frank cried out in pain. Something in me snapped right then. She was hurting Frankie. MY Frankie.

I leapt out of the closet and saw Frankie slumped, unconscious, on the bed. My vision clouded red. The woman lunged at me and I took my opportunity, hitting her over the head with Frank's lamp. She crumpled to the floor, and I rushed over to Frankie, shaking him awake.

"Are you alright?" I demanded.

He mumbled incoherently, eyelids fluttering. His head fell back to the pillow as he lost consciousness once again. I leaned over and felt his mother's pulse.

Oh god, I thought. She was dead.

I picked up Frank's cell phone from the floor and sent a text to Autumn.

"There's been an accident. Frank'll be at the hospital soon. Make sure you're there for him. G."

Then I took a deep breath and dialed 911.

"Hello, my name is Gerard Way, and I'd like to report a murder. One boy was injured, and I'm pretty sure he has a concussion. And the woman was killed by being bludgeoned over the head with a blunt object."

"Did you see the woman's killer?"

I swallowed. "Yep. Me."

I hung up and sat on the bad, pulling Frankie into my lap and cradling him, kissing his head.

"I broke my promise, " I whispered. "I let her hurt you."

I sat there, holding Frank close to me, waiting for my prosecutors to come and seize me.


Well, there it is. Gee's a murderer. Accidentally, but still. I want to know what you guys think. I already know the outcome, but do you guys think Gee is guilty? Or is he freed? You tell me! :)

Oh, in case he's reading this, Nathan is not gay. He never was, as far as I know. He's just an old... friend of mine, I guess. I considered him a friend. I don't know what he thought about me, however. I just used him in the story because it seemed to fit. I'm sorry, Nathan, if I've upset you. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story