Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Bipolar

Bold as Love

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Davis finally decides to talk to Kayla.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2010-11-17 - Updated: 2010-11-18 - 667 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bold as Love:

I can't take this anymore. I have to go and talk to her. I can't stand this silence between Kayla and I. I have to set things right. I decided to act on that plan the very next morning. I got up that morning and got dressed. I rushed through breakfast this morning. Rosie sat across from the table from me, grinning. I have no idea what has gotten into lately. I almost don't even want to know. But yet, I just had to open my mouth and say something. I set down my spoon on the table.

"Okay," I said at last. "What the hell are you grinning for, Rosie?" My sister turned to me, grinning.

"Petey's divorce is being finalized today!" she cheered.

My face went flat. "Oh." Rose squealed almost loud enough to break my ear drums. I had to hold my ears closed.

"Geez Rosie! What's the matter with you?"

She only grinned wider. "Best day ever!"

I blinked at her. "Are you high or something?"

Her smile was now freaking me out. "Yeah! High out of life!" she cheered. I'm scared now. Time to leave early. I forced myself to eat faster to execute that plan. Rose's grin inspired me to do so. Boy, I wanted to yell at her to stop smiling at me. I finally finished up and got the hell out of there.

As I walked to the bus stop, my mind became heavy with Kayla again. The only time I see her now is at school. Even then she tries to avoid me. Charlie tries to talk to her, but Kayla avoids her too. I don't like that. I just want things to go back to the way they were. But how am I going to do that? To tell the truth, I have no idea. But, thinking about it over and over again won't help me. Aw, screw it! I'm just going to do it!

I walked through the hall looking for Kayla. She wasn't in her usual hiding places. I asked some of classmates where she was. They said they had no idea.

"She might not be at school today," one girl suggested. My stomach dropped. No! Please don't let it be the case. I paused and took a moment to think about it. Where is the last place I would look for my friend? I shut my eyes to block out everything around me. The answer had to be here, somewhere.

I snapped my eyes open as I discovered the answer. Of course! I raced down the hall to the back way stairs.

"No running!" I heard a teacher yell. I didn't listen. I just kept running until I came to the exit. I made it downstairs to the abandoned classrooms. I took little baby steps inside. It's so dark down here. I have heard many stories about this place. Some of the kids here say it's haunted. I don't believe that. It's just a bunch of stories, right?

I shook my head of that. Can't focus on that right now. I've got to find Kayla. I kept walking and looking. She's got to be in one of these classrooms. I keep looking in the darkness. At the last classroom, I spotted long straight brown hair. I peeked into the door for a better look. There she was. Kayla sat at the back of the classroom in the darkness. Here she was. Here was my chance. No more running away. No more worrying. No more thinking things over. I'm going in. I pushed opened the door slowly and crept inside. Kayla looked up and saw me. I stopped in my tracks. She didn't look angry. She didn't get up and try to leave. My crush just sat there and stared at me in the dark. I didn't back down. I just stood there for a moment.

"Hi," I said to her.

"Hi," Kayla said back.

Tell the Truth, You Never Wanted Me
Sign up to rate and review this story