Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Just When It Was Safe to Breathe...

by AshTheDeathBat 1 review

Finally rescued, and the world seems right, for at least 10 seconds.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-11-23 - Updated: 2010-11-23 - 1068 words

1Insightful
A/n: Just thought you would like to know, my favorite song off the album is S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W :)
Enjoy this update, while I go to wor and make sandwiches.



Gerard held me in the backseat of Mikey’s car as we raced along a road.

“We’re going to get you to the hospital.” He told me, his breathing was heavy. “You’re going to be just fine, Hazel.”

“I miss you Gerard.” I laid my head on his shoulder. “Thank you.”

“I missed you too. I am so happy to have you here with me right now.”

I rested my eyes for a brief second, then the car gave a violet jolt. I snapped awake and looked up at Gerard.

“Please tell me that you just hit a speed bump.” He closed his eyes.

“You know as well as I do what that was, Gerard.” Mikey said quietly.

“What was it?” Elle asked quietly. I hadn’t even noticed that she had been sitting in the front seat.

“Would you just drive faster.” Gerard growled, ignoring her.

“I’m trying to.” Mikey snapped back at him. “This isn’t a Porsche or anything like that.”

“What the hell is going on?” Elle ordered.

Before anyone could start to answer, the top of the car let off a tearing sound. I looked up and saw it being ripped off.

“Got you.” Cole growled and grabbed at me.

“No!” Gerard bellowed, wrapping his arms around me tighter. “I’m not letting you have you.”

“What the FUCK?” Mikey exclaimed. “I just fucking got my car out of the shop, you asshole!”

“Mikey! We have a slightly larger problem than that!” Elle yelled, her voice panicked.

“No!” Gerard yelled as I felt myself slipping out of his arms.

“Take this lover boy.” I saw a foot kick Gerard in the face.

“Gerard!” I called, trying to hold onto him.

“Got ya!” Cole tightened his grip on me and pulled me into the cool night air.

“Pull the car over Mikey!” I heard Gerard yelling from below.

“He fucking ruined my car! I swear to God I’ll-”

“Mikey, NOW!” Gerard yelled.

I watched as the car pulled over to the side of the road. It was getting smaller and smaller as I rose higher.

“Get the hell off of me!” I yelled, trying to wriggle away from him. I felt too weak and broken to put up a fight.

“You’d love that wouldn’t you?” Cole snarled. “I’d let go of you and Gerard would save the day. Oh, no. Not this time. This time, my friend, you are gone.”

“Over my dead body.” I growled and struggled to get away from him.

“That will be arranged.” He laughed.

I let out a whimper as I realized it felt like my arm was going to be ripped from it’s socket and any given moment.

“Here’s your stop.” Cole mumbled just before letting go of my arm. It didn’t really phase me, I was used to falling to my death by now.

Someone grabbed my hand and I let out a howl of pain as pain shot through my broken fingers.

“Sorry.” Gerard’s voice said. “But, we need to hurry.” I felt him start to fly sideways. I couldn’t tell which direction he was going.

“No! You are not ruining it again, Way.” Cole growled, angrily

Gerard gave a grunt, then a sharp jolt.

“Hazel!” He screamed.

I could feel myself slipping out of his grasp. I reached up and tried to grab his hand.

“Let go of her, Way. Admit it, you have lost.” Cole boomed.

“No!”

It almost felt like we were getting closer and closer to the ground.

“Let.. GO!” Cole yelled.

I slipped away from Gerard and I felt myself falling down.

“Hazel, NO!” Gerard cried.

My fall didn’t last long. Actually, it lasted just a few short seconds. I hit the ground and rolled. Pain shot through every part of my body.

I hit a tree and my roll came to a sharp stop. I used what little strength I could gather to pull myself to my feet. I carefully did my best to no put too much weight on my broken leg.

“Somebody!” I called in a whisper, hoping one of my good vampires would hear me. “Help!” I then stood there, waiting for anything to happen.

Nothing.

I looked around to find myself in a wooded area. If I kept walking, I would eventually find my way out.

“Help!” I whispered again, as I started to painfully limp my way through the trees. “Frankie. Gerard! Emma! Anyone.”

I stopped walking and waited to see if anyone had come.

There was no one. Only the sound of the cool wind in the trees.

I hugged myself, wondering how long my tank top, zip up hoodie, ripped jeans, and converse would keep me warm. Not long enough.

I continued to walk and call for my friends. The pain in my leg became too much. I sat down and leaned against a tree.

“What are you doing?” I asked myself, quietly. “Don’t give up.”

I forced myself to start crawling, even though I had so much pain going through out my body. Tears started to stream down my face with every inch I moved. Sticks and leaves poked and prodded me.

“Gerard.” I whispered, watching my breath hover around my mouth in the dim moonlight. I started to become light headed, probably because of my aching body.

I felt exhausted. My legs and arms gave out from under me. I fell face first onto the ground. After a few seconds, I rolled over onto my back and gaped in pain for a few brief moments. Tears rolled from my eyes and onto my cheeks.

I couldn’t make myself get up. It was more soothing to let myself lay here in pain than force myself to move. I wanted Gerard to be here. I wanted him to tell me that everything was going to be okay. But, right now, he could be splattered on the road, stake in his heart.

“Gerard.” I whispered as my head started to pound. I rolled over on my side, and hugged my body. My eyes started to fluttered; everything was growing blurry. “I’m alive.”
Sign up to rate and review this story