Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Me a Reason to Believe.

“We’re still married Scarlet. He is still my husband.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 1 review

Part 1

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-25 - Updated: 2010-11-26 - 337 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Scarlet?”

“Gerard?” Scarlet eyed Paisley, who stopped in mid step.

“Yes.”

Scarlet sighed, “You better be sober.”

Gerard grinned, “Very much so.”

“Mmhmm, what do you want?”

“To speak to my wife,” Gerard eyed the array of pills next to his beer bottle.

“Let me find her,” Scarlet put her hand over the receiver. “You want to talk to him?”

Paisley sighed, “We’re still married Scarlet. He is still my husband.”

Scarlet grumbled as she passed Paisley the phone.



“Hey Gee”, Paisley smiled slightly at the sound of his nickname.

“Hey Paise,” Gerard reveled in the sound of her voice.

“So you’re back in the states?”

“Yeah. For a few weeks. Gotta show tonight.”

“When are you coming home?” Paisley studied her wedding band.

“Um,”Gerard glanced at the pills again, “I’m not sure. How was the book tour?”

“It was fun,” Paisley tried to sound upbeat, “Helena wants to go back to L.A. and the beach.”

Speaking of Helena, is she around? Can I speak to her?”

Paisley softened, “Gerard. She’s your daughter. Of course you can speak to her.” She lay the phone on the counter and called for Helena. The six year old peeked around the door frame.

“What mama?”

“Someone wants to speak to you.” Paisley handed Helena the phone.




“Hello?”

“Hey Princess.”

“Daddy!”


Paisley smiled and left the room since this would be the closest the two of them would get ‘daddy-daughter’ time. A short time later, Helena handed Paisley the phone.

“Here mama, daddy wants to talk to you.”



“Hey bab-“

“Let me talk, please,” Gerard’s voice was slightly pleading. “I know my apologies are getting old, but this time I’m serious. I know you heard about Japan a few weeks ago. And I’m sorry.”

Paisley sighed, “Gerard…”

“Paise, I wanted to tell you how much I love you, because I don’t know when I’ll see you again.”

“I love you too but—“ before she could finish the line went dead.”
Sign up to rate and review this story