Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is Where It Starts

Reunited (The End)

by kenzoid 3 reviews

Gerard comes home with a fantastic surprise!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-01 - Updated: 2010-12-02 - 948 words - Complete

1Exciting
BABETTE

All morning I waited at the airport in disguise. The night we broke up Gerard had told me not to come to pick him up, but I couldn’t resist. I had to see if he was going to be carried out in a body bag or at least walking. I had to know what was happening with him and I didn’t want him to see me.

I lingered around the gates with all the other reuniting couples and traveling businessmen and women. But suddenly, I saw it. That greasy black mop slouching out of the gate, heading straight toward me. I wanted to run, to hide, and to get away. He wasn’t supposed to see me. I had gotten what I wanted right? I know that he was okay now, I should be happy. But I wasn’t…

“Babes!” he called, everybody looking up. The word sounded so sweet and gentle to my ears. It made my heart melt and soon I found myself being crushed under the weight of Gerard’s massive bear hug.

“I thought I’d never see you again.” He mumbled into my neck, kissing me everywhere in between words. This wasn’t right. He had broken up with me, hadn’t he? I didn’t even care at first. I kissed him back despite the fact that he reeked of week old laundry, vodka and cigarettes.

“I thought you were dead!” I cried, thankful tears streaming down my cheeks. “I got a call last night and Brian said-and I-I thought you had drank yourself to death!” I stammered through the sobs. Gerard kissed me all over my face and I shut my eyes tight, hoping that this wasn’t just another sweet dream.

“No Babes, I’m here. I’m so sorry. Words can’t even-I love you so much. I will never leave you like that again. I missed you so much it hurt. Please, please forgive me.” He said, his voice thick. I could feel everybody’s eyes watching me, watching us. But I didn’t care. I couldn’t care. All I could think of was the fact that I was actually back in his arms.

“Hey love birds, can we get a move on? People are starting to stare.” Frank said, taping Gerard on the head with a magazine. Gerard flicked him off and continued to cradle me in his arms. I hadn’t felt this safe so long.

“Guys, seriously. We need to get our bags.” Brian warned. Only then did Gerard look up. Tucking me under his arm like a baby bird, Gerard and the rest of us walked to the baggage claim. The boys grabbed their suitcases while Gerard and I kept on kissing and smothering each other.

“Gerard…I- I mean, you left me. Do you know how much that hurt?” I said, feeling as though I was ruining the moment. Gerard stopped and looked at though he knew this was coming.

“I know and I am so sorry. Please. I will never leave you like that again. I couldn’t bare it.” Gerard promised, his eyes growing more and more blood shot.

“But what about the drugs?” I asked almost impatiently. I didn’t know what I would do if he didn’t stop this.

“I’m really sick and I need to get better. I’ve been sober since yesterday morning. I’ve been sweating it all out on the plane. I quit. I’m going to an AA meeting tomorrow and then seeing my therapist.” Gerard said very proudly. The thought of sweating out a cocaine addiction on a plane crammed with people was horrifying.

“Baby, I love you. I am so sorry.” I said, grabbing his face and kissing him again. He was getting clean and sober. I felt the pride swell in my chest and more tears in my eyes.

“Don’t be sorry. This is my fault. I let it get too far. I’m so sorry.” He apologized again, resting his forehead on mine. We stood like that for a good five minutes, basking in the warmth of each other’s company.

“Eh hem!” Frank coughed loudly. Gerard and I looked up and held each other as we walked out of the airport.

“Well, I guess this’ll be the last time I see you guys until I get better.” Gerard said through a tight voice. I squeezed his hand a little harder. The boys all hugged goodbye and Mikey was outright and shamelessly crying. Everybody else was in tears. Who knows how long it would be until they saw each other again? They all hugged again and set off into the parking lot.

“Are you gonna be okay?” I asked. Gerard nodded, and sniffed.

“Yeah.” He mumbled. His voice cracked. As we pulled out I realized that he was getting very emotional and I reached over to pull his head on my shoulder.

“Sh, it’s alright. You’ll see them again. This isn’t the end.” I assured him. He wiped his eyes impatiently.

“I know. I don’t even know why I’m getting like this.” He croaked out, sniffing again. I sighed and hugged him closer.

“You’ve had a very rough couple of days. Just get it all out.” I told him.

“So you’re taking me back?” he asked, impishly looking up at me.

“I already did.”


[*A/N
This is the last chapter you guys! Thank you so much for all the reviews! Its been wonderful hearing from you! I'll post an epilogue and there will be a sequil so look out for that! Thank you again!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story