Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

Questions & Answers

by devilsgyrl 1 review

Olivia finally gets some news...

Category: Metallica - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-12-03 - Updated: 2010-12-03 - 2257 words

-1TrainWreck
For a moment, I wanted to tell the woman just to tell me the good news. I wasn't really in a mood to hear any bad news right now. I mean seriously, what had I done to deserve all this bad stuff in life? It wasn't like I was an evil person or a murderer or anything. Clenching my fists and trying to control my quickened breathing, I decided it was best just to get this all over with, "Alright, so what's the good news and what's the bad news? I think I want the good news first."

The nurse cracked a smile at my words, but I could see a hint of worry through that smile. Leaning over me, she said, "Okay then, good news first. Your good news is that you aren't pregnant." My jaw dropped and I felt like a large weight had suddenly been lifted off my shoulders. I was so happy that it took all my strength to keep from myself from jumping up and hugging the nurse. Instead of doing that, I just asked a little breathlessly, "You're sure about that, right?"

The nurse laughed and nodded, "Of course I'm right. Your pregnancy kit probably just had an error or something. That happens sometimes. Are you ready for the bad news?" I didn't see how there could be any bad news now. Now that I knew that I wasn't pregnant, all seemed right with the world. I was so happy that I didn't think any amount of bad news was going to change my mood. Feeling like I could handle anything, I nodded and waited for the bad news.

"The bad news is that there's obviously something wrong with you, Olivia. You've got some sort of stomach problem going on, but we can't seem to figure out what it is. However, I do have a feeling it might be serious. You should really visit a hospital. They'll be able to do more tests on you and figure out just what it is that's ailing you. Until then, there's not much I can do for you," the nurse stated grimly. She might've expected me to be really upset about this information, but really, I was just fine with it.

"That's okay. Thanks for all your help!" I told her fervently. I didn't really care about whether or not I was sick right now. All that mattered was the fact that I wasn't pregnant. Besides, sicknesses will eventually go away whereas a pregnancy will not. Sickness was something I could handle with no sweat after this whole pregnancy ordeal.

The nurse turned her back and started to walk into a back room before she turned back to me and said, "You will go to a hospital, right Olivia?" Her question caught me off guard and I quickly lied, "Um, yeah, of course." The woman nodded suspiciously before she disappeared in the back room. Okay, I really didn't have any intentions in going to the hospital, but there was no need to worry the poor old woman. It was her duty to make sure her patients were okay, but I was just fine. I was going to get over my stomach pains in a few days and all would be right and back to normal just like it had been before.

About five minutes later, the door burst open and a figure with bouncy black curls popped into the door. I jumped to my feet and ran over to where Kirk was standing with a smile on my face, "Hey Kirk! Guess what?" Kirk looked caught off guard by my sudden good mood, but smiled back and me and said, "I have no idea. Why don't you just tell me what it is?"

"Aw, you spoil the fun," I complained. "Anyways, the woman says I'm not pregnant. Isn't that great?" Kirk's eyes immediately lit up and he nodded quickly. That was the moment I did something I probably shouldn't have done. I took a step forward and threw my arms around him. It was only a hug, but in some senses, it was a lot more than a hug. I gripped Kirk tightly to me and pressed my head against his chest. Kirk again seemed caught off guard, but after a moment, he tentatively wrapped his arms around my lower back and held me tightly. It was an embrace that should've just been a hug of celebration between two friends, but in several ways, it wasn't just that. As I pressed myself against Kirk, I could feel both our heartbeats racing and I suddenly had an impulse to do more than just hug him. Oh shit, this was not good. I must have a really dirty mind or something.

Knowing that I should stop this and these strange feeling before they got too far, I quickly backed away from Kirk and took hold of his hand instead. Unfortunately, feeling the warmth of his fingers wrapped over mine gave me the same feeling that the hug did. Deciding that I was just going to have to ignore that, I pasted a smile on my face as Kirk and I hurried out of the doctor's office and flagged another bright orange taxi cab down. Luckily, this taxi cab got us to the club quickly, but didn't honk at everyone in his way like the other taxi cab driver had done. That was nice because our last driver had earned us a lot of obscene gesture from the people that we went flying by. I couldn't blame them; nobody liked someone who tried to push others out of their way.

When we reached the club, Kirk and I got out and Kirk suddenly turned to me with a puzzled expression, "That's great that you're not pregnant, Olivia, but what is wrong with you then? You're obviously sick. Didn't they give you some medicine or something for all the stomach pains you've been having lately? You shouldn't have to suffer like you have been."

"Oh, I just have a little stomach bug," I lied. "The nurse said it was probably just from something I ate and should probably go away in a few days. I'll be fine then." I felt a lot worse lying to Kirk than the nurse, but it was just something that really had to be done. After all, Kirk would definitely have me going to a hospital tomorrow if I told him that's what the nurse had recommended. It wasn't like I didn't believe the nurse, but I didn't feel like I had to go to a hospital. Doctors overdid things sometimes.

"That's great!" Kirk replied, just as trusting as ever. His automatic trust in me just made me feel even worse inside. Kirk motioned towards the bus parked outside the club and said, "Want to head back into the bus? You're probably a little worn out and tired from all of the drama from earlier." Deciding that I was indeed tired, I nodded and let Kirk lead me into the bus.

As soon as we were in the bus, I remembered that I forgot to ask about Metallica's first show. Looking over at Kirk, I asked with interest, "So how'd the show go?" Kirk's eyes sparkled as he thought about the show, "It was great! It was just as good as any of the shows I've been in with Exodus. I think Metallica is gonna go really far." Kirk paused a minute and then looked over his shoulder at the club behind us. Giving me a sheepish glance, he asked, "Um, Olivia? Do you mind if I go hang out in there for a little bit? I didn't really have time to earlier since I came to pick up you right after the show was done..."

I quickly gave Kirk a little push towards the door and shook my head, "Of course I don't mind, Kirk. You don't have to ask my permission to go into the club. Thanks again for everything." Kirk held my gaze for a moment, and in that moment, I felt my heart pick up a little bit and a strange sensation that didn't have to do with my sickness filled my belly. However, before I could try to sort out those emotions, Kirk had disappeared into the club and I was left alone standing in the entrance of the bus.

As I took a few more steps into the bus, I was immediately hit by a terrible odor. Looking around the room, I say a lot of things that I really rather not see. There were a lot of people puking in one of the corner. Apparently, they had gotten themselves way too drunk and were now getting sick on the bus. I had the impulse to kick them out and tell them to go puke somewhere else, but unfortunately I couldn't do that since I wasn't in charge of the bus. A lot of the guys from Raven were sitting on some seats drinking and getting high. I could tell they were already pretty stoned. Again, I had the impulsive to snatch the bottles away from them, but like before, I had to restrain myself. In another corner, I saw a guy from Raven and a pretty stripper girl fucking. At first I was surprised that they would do that in front of everyone on the bus, but then again, the guys from the bands seemed to have no manners.

Looking around the bus, I found that there was not one single guy from Metallica here. They must still be hanging out in the club. I was about to turn and head back into the club myself when a blonde head caught my eye. James was lying on one of the top bunks on the left side of the bus. He had obviously been watching me because his eyes were focused on my head.

Suddenly, I was very glad to see him. I smiled up at him, but he just stared at me stonily with his beer bottle gripped in one hand. Knowing James he was probably still unhappy about the whole Kirk situation. To be honest, I wasn't exactly happy about it either, but what was done was done. Going to the doctor's office had been a good decision though. After all, if I hadn't gone to the doctor's, then I wouldn't have known that I wasn't pregnant. The only problem was that James was obviously going to be suspicious of what Kirk and I had been doing together before and after the show.

I walked over to James' bunk and asked politely, "Can I come talk to you?" James scrutinized me for a moment and looked like he was about to say no. If he said no, I probably would've broken down right then and there in front of the whole Raven band. I was really to breaking point with James' coldness and jealousy. I didn't see why he couldn't just believe me about Kirk. If he could only believe me like a loyal boyfriend would, then we could get along like before. I missed James more than anything. Ever since Kirk had joined, he had immediately become suspicious and wouldn't have anything to do with me. I didn't think James had even touched me in the last week. It had probably been a good month since either of us had slept together as well.

Finally, James moved over on the right side of the bunk and sighed loudly, "Yeah, whatever." It wasn't exactly the politest response he could've given me, but it was better than nothing. At least he hadn't refused to talk to me. James tossed a little makeshift ladder down from his bunk for me to climb up to it on. Hoping that this makeshift ladder was more secure than it looked, I gripped it tightly and climbed up to the bunk before collapsing next to James on the left side of it.

For a few minutes, I just laid there next to James, pretending everything was like it had been before Kirk. Before Kirk, everything had been so honest and right between us. Well, maybe that wasn't one hundred percent true. After all, I had cheated on James with Dave and James had cheated on me with Brianna. However, in the end when all was said and done, we had both found that it was quite easy to forgive each other and move on despite our conflicts. After that, we had bonded tighter together than ever and went back to being the happy couple we had been before.

Sadly, we had not stayed that happy couple. James was now overly suspicious of my relationship with Kirk and was totally stressed out about the whole pregnancy ordeal. He tried to hide it, but James wasn't good at that sort of thing. You could always tell when something was bothering him. Like right now for example, I could tell he was pretty pissed off.

"So, you said you wanted to talk to me, right?" James prodded, glancing at me sideways from across the bunk. Seeing those hazel eyes look at me with such suspicion literally broke my heart. Deciding not to play strong anymore, I turned to him earnestly and said, "James, I'm not pregnant." James raised an eyebrow and I could see a million different emotions play across his face. Wanting him more than anything else at that moment, I looked up into his eyes pleadingly and begged, "Make love to me?"

Sign up to rate and review this story