Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Slipping

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Narcissa gets into an awkward situation with Severus...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-12-05 - Updated: 2010-12-05 - 2403 words

-1Predictable

Severus paused and hesitated for a few minutes, obviously debating whether or not to tell me about his predicament. I gave him an encouraging smile and waited in silence. It was always better not to push people. You have a much better chance of getting what you want if you let people move by their own accord.

Deciding that I was trustworthy, Severus sighed and pointed across the room to where two figures sat at the Gryffindor table. The first had a untamed head of medium-length black hair and glasses. The second was beautiful with oval-shaped eyes and auburn hair. I recognized the second figure as Lily Evans, the girl Severus had fallen hopelessly in love with. But who was the second figure?

Needing to find out, I pointed to the guy with the glasses and asked, "Who's the guy with Lily? Are they dating?" Severus flinched at the word "dating". Apparently, he didn't like to even consider the thought of Lily dating the crazy-haired guy. In a voice thick with hatred, Severus finally replied, "That's James Potter. He's an annoying little Gryffindor who thinks he's better than everyone else."

Something told me that Severus was probably exaggerating, but there was really no need for me to tell him that. Pretending that I understood, I nodded sympathetically and prodded on, "So are he and Lily friends or something?" Severus paused and contemplated my question for a minute. As he thought, the two of us watched James Potter slip his arm around Lily's waist.

Looking like he was going to puke or something at the sight, Severus said in a low voice, "What do you think, Narcissa? Does it look like they're friends?" Frowning, I tried to think of what Severus could do in this situation. To be honest, I was a bit confused by Severus. I mean, he obviously loved this Lily girl. Yet, he never spent any time around her. I wondered why.

Stating a rather obvious suggestion, I said, "Well, you could always take the initiative, you know. Next time Lily is by herself, you could always go up and ask her out yourself if you like her so much. The worst she can do is say no. Rejection is hard, but you can always keep trying. Sometimes things just take time."

Severus shook his head miserably. Turning big, dark eyes up to me, he explained, "I can't. It's too late. I called her a mudblood. She won't forgive me. She won't even have anything to do with me anymore. She told me it was over. She said she didn't even want to just be friends anymore." Severus' voice broke at the end of his sentence.

The fact that Lily had told Severus that she didn't even want to be friends obviously made this more complicated. I couldn't really come up with a new plan for Severus to win Lily over, so I merely made a new suggestion, "There are other girls out there, you know. I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to date you."

Looking appalled at my suggestion, Severus shook his head rapidly, black hair flying everywhere, "No, I only want Lily. Um...Narcissa? Could I ask you to do something for me?" Severus looked up at me pleadingly. Red was creeping into his cheeks from asking for help. I guessed that he didn't ask for help very often.

Since I was feeling sorry for him and because I considered him a friend, I nodded, "Yes, you can ask me do to anything. I'll definitely do it for you. Tell me what you want." Severus paused and blushed for another moment before he replied, "I know this sounds shitty, but I want to make Lily jealous. When she looks over here, can you pretend to kiss me? You don't have to actually do it obviously. I just want it to look like we're doing it." Severus shot me a hopeful expression.

At first I was rather caught off guard by his suggestion. I didn't really think jealousy would be enough to make Severus win Lily back, but I wanted to make Severus happy. For his sake, I decided to go ahead and agree. Besides, it couldn't actually hurt now, could it? Like Severus had said, it was merely a fake kiss. I wouldn't actually touch his lips. It would be no big deal. Telling myself this over and over again, I nodded stiffly and said, "Sure, I'll do it. So what do we do now? Just wait for her to look over at us?"

"Yeah, but you're going to have to move over a bit closer to me probably," Severus explained. Starting to get a very slight bad feeling about all this, I hesitantly pushed my chair over closer to Severus'. A weird sort of adrenaline pulsed through my body as Severus and I waited anxiously for Lily to turn her head and look over at us. I didn't get why I was so nervous. It wasn't like we were really making out of anything. This was absolutely no biggie, right?

Just when I thought I wasn't going to be able to hand the tension any more, Lily finally twisted around and looked towards the Slytherin table. Severus and I immediately turned towards each other. We both leaned forward and what was going to be a fake, pretend kiss didn't end up as one. Somehow, my lips ended up between Severus'. I was totally shocked at first and sat there completely motionless and rigid in my chair. Severus had already taken control though. He kneaded my lips between his with a passionate, yet gentle caress.

Still frozen, my brain had no idea what to do. My body responded spontaneously though. I kissed him back just as gently and found that I wanted to get my hands all over him. Our lips moved together in a sinful dance for another few seconds. I found my hand creeping around his back when Severus finally and abruptly broke off the kiss.

I flopped backwards against his chest and looked at him with astonishment, still not getting what exactly had happened. Severus' cheeks were the brightest red of all now and he looked totally embarrassed. Frowning, he leaned forward and said, "I'm so sorry, Narcissa. I didn't mean to do that. I guess we were just too close and I was thinking too much of Lily..."

Oh okay, so it was an accident. It was okay then. Alright, no, it wasn't okay. The kiss had been totally awkward and there had been way too much passion in it. There was no need to dwell on it though. If I forgot about it, I could pretend that it had never happened then, right? Taking a deep breath, I replied, "It's alright. I understand. But....um...let's not tell anyone about this, right?"

"Of course not," Severus nodded immediately. I nodded too, still trying to figure out why I felt so guilty and just shitty in general. Then it came to me; Lucius. I mean, what in the world would he have thought if he had just seen that kiss between me and Severus? I hadn't meant for it to occurr, so it wasn't really my fault. It was my fault that I had kissed him back though. Nobody had forced me to do that. So why had I done it? I wasn't really attracted to Severus. At least, I didn't think I was.

Not wanting to think about this any longer than was necessary, I looked down at the floor to avoid Severus' eye as I said, "Um, I think I'm going to go up to the dormitories now. I'll see you later I guess." Without waiting for a reply, I got to my feet and hurried out of the Great Hall as if I was trying to run away from the memories I had just created.

The corridors seemed to be quiet for the most part. Everyone was either in the Great Hall or at their dormitories. Trying to forget all about that stupid kiss, I almost tripped on my way up the stairs to the common room. Luckily, someone happened to be walking up at the same time. She caught my wrist before I could fall and helped me steady myself.

Taking a deep breath, I regained my balance again and looked over towards whoever had saved me as I murmured a grateful, "Thanks." Glazed blue eyes met mine and a thin smile appeared on the face in front of me. With a slight nod, Natasha said, "Hey, no problem. Watch where you're going though. You wouldn't want to fall down three flights of stairs."

I shuddered at the thought. Falling down three flights of stairs would definitely result in me cracking my head open. As Natasha turned to go, I called after her, "Thanks again for the help on my Arithmancy homework." Already making her way towards the Great Hall, Natasha looked over her shoulder and replied, "Anytime. Just let me know when you need help. Until then, I'll see you later." With that, she turned and disappeared silently around a corner.

Feeling like Natasha might be my only friend at the moment, I continued on my way to the common room. It always seemed to be impossible for girls to be friends with boys. It just didn't work. All of my closer relationship with guys had to become sexual. First, Walden had tried to rape me. Second, Severus had kissed me (deep down inside, I couldn't help but wonder if it had been on purpose or not). And thirdly, Lucius was my true love and I imagined having sex with him way too often. It was just too much fun to imagine myself underneath him, pulling his blonde hair and digging my fingernails into his back.

Unfortunately, by the time I reached the common room, the kiss with Severus was still taking up most of my mind. Annoyed at myself for not being able to let it go, I frowned and kicked the door to the common room open. After shutting the door and looking around inside, I realized I was completely alone. Not a single other person was in the common room and it was dead quiet in here.

The silence and lack of people was almost a bit creepy. As if worried about making too much noise myself, I started creeping quietly across the floor to reach the dormitories. Perhaps there was someone in there. I didn't like hanging out by myself. A situation like that called out for disaster. I mean, what if Walden happened to walk in our something?

Just as I was about to turn the handle to the dormitory, I heard a noise that sounded like a muffled scream. I immediately paused in my tracks and looked around. Maybe I wasn't alone after all. Just in case, I gave a quick scan of the room to identify anyone else's presence. However, even after a careful inspection, I was pretty sure I was alone.

Thinking that I had probably just been imagining things, I reached for the door handle again. This time, I heard another scream. It was louder this time though, and not nearly as muffled. Also, I heard a cackle of laughter after the scream this time. Okay, I was certainly not imagining this. Someone was getting hurt. I whipped my eyes around the room and then realized that the screams were coming from the guys' dormitories. Oh shit. That was like the worst place for them to be coming from. How was I suppose to get up there?

As I debated on what to do or if I should get help, I heard a series of whimpers and another low, evil cackle. Rage muddled with my head and clouded my vision. How dare someone laugh at another being's pain? That was just so not right. They needed to pay. Whoever it was needed a taste of their own medicine. The only question was: who was it doing the torturing?

Suddenly, I hear low voices. They sounded like they were from a very far ways away. Nonetheless, if I listened close enough, I could just make out what the voices were saying. The person who had been whimpering and screaming pleaded in a low voice, "Please my Lord...have mercy on me...please..."

"Mercy? I show no mercy," a cold, clipped tone replied. That was definitely Tom. I supposed that didn't really come as a surprise though. It was just like Tom to go torturing someone. But who was he torturing and why? Tom went on, "It's your own fault you know." Another scream followed by a series of whimpers filled the air. Tom continued, "I hope you learn your lesson. If you do this again, I'll take it out on the girl as well. You know that I indeed mean this. I have no problem with torturing or killing females."

"No...I won't let you," the weak voice that had been screaming earlier replied in a weak voice. Ugh, I had to get into the boys' dormitory somehow or the other. There wasn't time to call one of the Professors. But was I even allowed in the dormitory? There was a possibility that there were spells around it that prevented the girls from entering.

"You won't let me," Tom repeated nice and slowly in a mocking tone. He continued onwards, "I don't think it's a matter of you letting me or not. I shall do whatever I please. Be thankful that I'm being fairly merciful today." Another whimper cracked the air around me and went straight to my heart. It was like I was in pain myself just by having to listen to this conversation.

Finally, the whimpers ended and I heard a thud. It sounded like someone had hit the ground. Was Tom killing someone in there? Please no. Tom's voice came to my ears one last time, "I hope you've learned your lesson. Remember what I told you. Next time, it could be oh so much worse. You know want that now, do you?"

There was another thud and smacking sound. To my ears, it sounded like someone was either kicking or smacking someone. Rooted to the ground in shock, I couldn't move a muscle when the door to the dormitories opened and someone stumbled out.
Sign up to rate and review this story