Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > 3 last words and love wasn't mentioned

Hiding truths with lies

by bloodcherrya-n-f 2 reviews

spencer sees the lies in his new school. Everyone isn't who they say they are. Its just a way of FITTING in.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-12-08 - Updated: 2010-12-08 - 1101 words

1Exciting
After the stare down at lunch and the awkward silences after, I walked to art. Ryan didn't walk with me instead he walked from me. I didn't know what exactly I did but something was odd in my opinion. The same thing happened in my previous classes; the teacher introduces themselves, continues on with lecturing, and then gives an assignment.

Art was better than previous classes, it seemed as if art was one class you couldn't be behind in. It was Latin I dreaded when time came around. At my old school we had to have 2 years of the same language, my choice stupidly was 'Latin'. I didn't know much of the requirements for this school but I choose to stay with my current plans in school.

The Latin teachers name was Mrs. Wagner. Not WAG-NER. Pronounced totally different; VUG-NER. Sounded funny. She corrected me several times because it just wouldn't stick. This woman was crazy, even more so she annoyed me to death. Her hair was long, blond, and she had a major issue with treating her students like they were stupid.

I knew she was one of the teachers I was definitely not going to get along with.

The hard part about being in the class was she acted like she knew everything, even if she wasn't correct. I could point out that I wasn't the smartest person when it came to Latin, but I knew some of what she said was indeed wrong.

Eventually my mind drew me to speak and correct,"Mrs. Wagner," I say making sure I pronounce it correct,"I believe you have made some minor errors."

The room was hushed as she spoke, "Sir, who are you?"

I smiled, "Nice answer to what I was telling you."

She looked confused and ignored my comment, "Your name..?"

"I believe if you read on your attendance sheet it says Spencer Smith."

She glared at me her nostrils flaring.

"I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway. I'm sure you'd correct any of us on our mistakes."

She looked as if my words further annoyed her. It was like she couldn't be wrong in anything. She gave a slight smile,"What correction do I need to make MR.SMITH?"

Her tone annoyed me so I returned the favor and gave her the same tone, "The pronounciation of vox isn't as it's spelled. Vox is pronounced with a 'W' sound not a 'v' sound. Plus 'ERE' is an infinitive."

I had been as respectful as a student could be with her tone and her annoyance. Some teachers weren't fit to have this job. They have no problem with correcting us but when the students try and correct them all hell breaks loose.

I knew everyone in the had smiles on their faces as I, the new student, pissed off the teacher. I could tell no one liked her.

"Mr. Smith, do you enjoy interupting my class time?"

"Do you enjoy making all of us seem stupid? I'm new to this class and I see how you treat my peers. They are not stupid. Of course they know not as much as you, but that don't mean they don't know somethings. Teachers are meant to teach us things, not make us stupid for not knowing things. As a teacher you make mistakes, if your not willing to take a student correcting you may be, just may be you shouldn't be a teacher."

I closed my mouth at this point. She said nothing more about my comments but proceeded with the lesson. I hate that I don't hold back some of the things I say. The teacher didn't even stop me when I walked out of class to continue to my next.

The rest of the day was boring. Lecture. Lecture. Lecture. I got on the bus and sat in the very back seat. I wasn't supprised to see Ryan sit infront of me, then turn around to smile at me.

"Hey Mister Know-it-all." He says playfully.

"I don't know it all. I just have terrible OCD and when I catch mistakes I find the need to correct them." I nod reassuringly.

"You know you made that teacher cry, right?"

I was shocked,"Actually I didn't know that. I just told her that she needed to treat us like humans and not 2 year olds."

"Mrs.Wagner doesn't think she is wrong. Let her think that, things are better when you just go along with it."

I sighed, did he really just say its better to go with things? I shruged it off as it came to my bus stop. To my suprise Ryan got off with me.

"I feel like your talking me now." I say trying to look less worried.

He smiles."Dude chill, I live right there" He says pointing at the old house. I slightly blushed but hid my face.

I noticed when he headed toward the house his sleeves were rolled up half way. On his arm was a few red marks. I seen them a lot with my friends. It just shocked me to see them on such a well "Pretty boy" what could absolutely make him think that would take away the pain? He sure hid things well. The way he smiled didnt show any pain at all. The way he made himself appear was just a normal preppy guy. This was new. Maybe just maybe it wasn't what I thought.

I ran towards him and gave him a slight hug and examined his arm. They were exactly what I thought they were. They were raw red and pretty deep. After a few seconds I felt the air being knocked out of me.

"What the fuck are you thinking?" Ryan says gasping as he jerked his arm away.

I gasped for air, Damn he can hit hard I rub where he hit and bit at my lip thinking of an explaination. "I'm sorry, okay? I just saw it and I wanted to make sure that I was seeing correct."

He sighs,"That gives you no right, I don't know you. You have no right!"

I try keeping my mouth shut because he was right, that was a dick move. I walk away but Ryan grabs my arm.

"Don't tell anyone" He pleds

"Didn't plan on it Ryan. That is your problem when you feel its the time to talk about it, it is you, I'm no snitch."

I shake him off me and walk to my house. I've never seen so much lies in my life. Hiding between those perfect clothes and perfect smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story