Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

Explanations

by devilsgyrl 1 review

Olivia gets answers...

Category: Metallica - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-12-12 - Updated: 2010-12-12 - 2203 words

-1TrainWreck
I hadn't really wanted to ask the question about James sleeping with another woman, but I decided it was something I needed to know. If he had slept with another girl, then maybe it was time for us to break up. No matter what we did, we always seemed to run into problems with our relationship. Biting my lip, I braced myself for the worst.

James' face went blank and the he shook his head, "No, I didn't sleep with anyone else. I told you I wouldn't do that again. Sleeping with Brianna was just wrong. It satisfies your body, but not your soul. In fact, sleeping with Brianna was kind of disturbing in a sense. I mean, I knew deep in my heart that Brianna had slept with several other guys and that she didn't really care about me or who I was. All she wanted me for was sex. You on the other hand...well, you're a different story."

Wondering exactly what James meant, I prompted him, "What do you mean about me being a 'different story'?" James sighed and continued to explain, "You're different because you don't just want me for the sex. You and I have a relationship. We cared about one another and loved each other for who we are. Everything is so much more passionate with you."

I nodded slowly, but found I didn't like everything James had just said. What was up with the past tense when he said that we cared about each other? What was that suppose to mean? Did that mean that he no longer cared about me or something? Needing clarification on this right away, I asked nervously, "Um, explain something to me. Why are you using past tense? Do you no longer love me or something? If you don't, just tell me instead of hinting at it."

"We're both too paranoid," James said, shaking his head. "That's not it at all. I said it that way because I expected you to no longer care. Aren't you pissed off at me for being such an ass to you lately? Is there a part of you that maybe still wants me?" James said that last question with a lot more emotion than anything he had said earlier. I found it strange for James to be begging forgiveness from me. This was turning out to be a very weird day.

"Of course I still want you, James," I told him, wishing he was closer so that I could kiss those full lips of his. "And to be honest, I'm not really that mad. I would've been upset if my band equipment had gotten stolen too. Of course, I might've been kind of upset if you slept with another girl though. However, you didn't and so there's nothing standing between up anymore. I love you, James. I always have and always will. The only time I'd want to break up with you would be if you lost interest in me and started messing around with other women. You aren't gonna do that though...are you?"

James shook his head vigorously, causing his blonde curls to whip around his face, "No, I'd never do that." James looked at me closely for another moment and then to my surprise, another tear leaked out of his eye. Wondering why he kept breaking down like this, I gave him a funny expression and asked, "Okay, why do you keep crying and looking at me like that? Do I look strange or something? Is there still blood on my mouth? If there is, you can wipe it off."

"Why would there be blood on your mouth?" James asked hastily, peering down over my lips. Remembering that James hadn't been here the night when I had been brought into the hospital, I filled him in on my symptoms, "Oh, I was puking up blood at one point. It was pretty gross really. At least that's all over now though, right?"

James suddenly broke down and silent tears came streaming down and landed in a puddle on my chest. I still had no idea what he was crying about, however, I still wanted to find a way to comfort him. And...well...to be honest, I wanted to find a way to comfort myself too. I was still pretty weak from the whole surgery and needed James right now. Since he was leaning so close to me, I lifted up my hands and cupped his chin in them. James avoided my eyes as the tears continued to streak down his cheeks. I pulled James closer to me and kissed him firmly on the mouth. James seemed shocked at first, but let me kiss his lower lip and then his upper lip, kneading them gently and passionately with my own lips. After that initial moment of shock, James started kissing me back. Our lips moved together passionately and in sync as usual. James knew exactly the way I kissed and knew just how much pressure to apply to our kisses. After nibble lightly on his lip, I pressed against his mouth lightly with my tongue. James immediately gave me access to his mouth and our tongues met in the middle, sliding and caressing each other with a fiery passion. I was seriously considering pulling James down on top of me, when there was a noise from somewhere above us.

"Ah hem!" the loud, intentional cough quickly made James and me break away to see what the noise had come from. A nurse was standing over his with a look of disapproval over her face. Shaking her head at us, she said, "Miss Black, you shouldn't be doing that kind of thing right now. Just lay back and rest. We're getting you food right now."

I thanked her and luckily, she turned away. Grinning sheepishly up at James, I admitted, "That was definitely the best part of my last few days. I need to know something though. Why do you keep crying? It makes me nervous. You never cry. If you're tearing up then it means something is very wrong. So quit it with the suspense and let me know what's up, okay?"

James wiped his eyes again and gave me a half smile as he sat back down on the chair that was resting next to my bed, "It's just that I feel really terrible right now." Uh oh, that didn't sound good. Was James sick now too? I really hoped that wasn't the case. I had just had to go through a really awful surgery. The last thing I wanted was for James to have to go through something like that too. Nervously, I clenched his hand tighter than I meant to and asked nervously, "What do you mean? Are you sick? Maybe the doctor should take a look at you too while we're here. In fact, I can call that nurse back over right now."

I started to call the nurse, but James quickly put a hand over my mouth to stop me. I cut off my sentence and looked up at him questioningly. James, looking down at his feet, explained, "I don't feel bad physically, it's more mentally. I can't believe just how terrible I was too you and now you've forgiven me way too easily. I mean...you could've died and the last thing I would've done was swear at you and falsely accuse you of things you didn't ever do."

Ah, now I could see where the problem was coming from. James was beating himself up over the fact that I could've died. I was kind of glad that James really did care about me enough to feel guilty, however, seeing him so upset was making me upset too. Wishing I could reach up and kiss him again, I said quickly, "It's okay, James. I mean, yeah, I could've died. The fact is though, I didn't. Since I didn't, why are we even worrying about this? I'm alive and well now. You and I are together again and I'm not pregnant. Seriously, what could be better than that? As soon as we get out of this sucky hospital, we can go somewhere nice and spend some more time together if you wanted to make it up to me."

"Of course I want to make it up to you!" James burst out quickly, always eager to please me. "What do you want me to do? I'll do anything. Just tell me what it is that you want." Deciding that I wanted to give him a hard time, I gave him a sexy smile and said, "I know, why don't you come lay on this bed with me? It's sort of lonely over here."

James looked down at me lying on the bed with all the tubes and crap connected to it. Giving me a wary look, he said, "Uh...I dunno about this. What if one of the doctors come over? If they see me, they'll definitely kick my ass out of here." Rolling my eyes, I replied, "No, they won't. I'll tell them that I told you to do it. Come on, James. Didn't you just say you'd do anything for me two seconds ago? What happened to that willing-to-do-anything attitude?"

James stopped hesitating and then gave me his normal smile. I was so glad to see a normal smile from him that I almost screamed with happiness. I didn't like the dark, depressed side of James. He was so much more fun to be around when he wasn't beating himself up over something that he couldn't control. Without resisting anymore, James ducked under all the tubes and slipped onto the little, white hospital bed next to me. Luckily, there weren't any doctors around so nobody saw.

"Is there anything else I can do for you darling?" James asked politely with a nasty smile. Seeing he was back to his normal self, I smiled and shook my head, "Nope. Just don't go back into the depressed mood and everything will be fine. I don't like seeing you all depressed over me like that. I'm not worth being depressed about. Worry about something more important."

Unfortunately, James wasn't about to do that. His previous smile disappeared and he burst out incredulously, "How the hell can you say that? You're the most important thing in my life. I care about you more than the band. I just...lost my temper the other night. I really and honestly can't compare the band to you. You're part of me now. If you're in pain, I'm in pain too. If you're hurting, I'm hurting. You're so amazing, Olivia. You really have no idea how much I love you. Everything about you is so perfect. I still can't believe how you forgave me so easily. I was expecting you to want to kick me out of here or something."

"You know I wouldn't do that," I told him, punching his arm really lightly considering just how weak I was. "Besides, love is forgiving. If I didn't love you, I couldn't forgive you so easily. So how that works?" James considered this for a moment with his face all scrunched up in thought. Finally, he came to a conclusion and said, "Yeah, I guess. I'm still sorry for what I did though-"

I cut him off, not wanting to hear about his remorse fullness anymore, "Oh god, James, don't start that again! I'm in a good mood for once. Please don't ruin it." James quickly blushed and nodded. He looked so good lying next to me that I was about to kiss him, but then I realized there was something he needed to hear first. Turning so I could look into his eyes, I said, "James...there's something you probably need to hear, right?"

James' face went blank and he looked at me curiously, "Hm...not really. Well actually, maybe there is. Why don't you tell me that you love me?" James gave me one of those really cute smiles that made him way too irresistible for his own good. I could swear to god that I had the cutest boyfriend in the world. What a lucky girl I was.

"Oh fine, I can tell you that even though I know that you know it's already true," I said, playing along with James' game. "I love you. Alright, now I said it. Now it's your turn." Unable to resist touching me, James reached out and stroked my cheek lightly with two fingers. His touch was so light and feathery. I wished he would never stop touching me.

"I love you more than life itself," James confessed, gazing at me adoringly. I rolled my eyes at him, "Don't you think you're being a little bit dramatic? All I needed was a simple 'I love you'." James smiled back at me, "Yeah, I know. I really do feel that way about you though so I thought I might as well let you know. But anyways, what was it that you thought I needed to hear from you?"

Oh right. I needed to confess something to James. Biting my lip, I started, "About the whole thing with Kirk..."

Sign up to rate and review this story