Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How Wrong We Were to Think We Knew Anything

Unpacking

by Anthrax_Angel 0 reviews

Jen settles into her new room

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-13 - Updated: 2010-12-14 - 1228 words

2Original
Mikey’s POV

I watch as Frankie talks to Jen she smiles at him and he smiles back, I wish I could do that, just laugh and smile like Frankie. But I can’t I’m always too nervous I’ll say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing, “so seriously where did you learn to play the piano your awesome” Frankie says causing Jen to look down embarrassed. “My mom taught me before…” she trails of looking out into space, “before what” Frank asks dialling back his happy mood “before she left” Jen says snapping back into her good mood and turning it on me. “So Mikey your in to comics Marvel or DC” she asks shooting me a look that says if I answer wrong I’m losing brownie points. “Who could choose Marvel has the X-men but DC has Watchmen” I say trying to gauge her response her eyes go so wide I can see the colour perfectly a bright, piercing blue. “you read Watchmen” she says grabbing my arm “doesn’t everybody” I say quoting what she said earlier before I know it her arms are around my neck “this is awesome” she says pulling away and continuing down the side walk.

“I’ve never met someone else who read comics before all my friends back home where to cool they thought I was a nerd, but I didn’t care some of the best art is in the pages of comics” she says her face animated. “It’s what I’m going to do, I just need to find someone to write the storyline cause lord knows I suck at storylines” she says, I smile at her when she looks to me “that’s awesome” Frank says recapturing her attention. He goes off about something or other and I’m left alone with my thoughts, I find myself wanting to but into the conversation that Frank has turned to her friends back in Cleveland. I look up to say something and realise Jen is less animated now “yeah they were alright” she says “this is me” I watch her black hair bounce as she runs up the drive wondering why her old friends make her sad.

Jen’s POV

I ran up the drive and tossed open the door “hey Janet I’m going out with some kids I met at school today” I call into the house “who said you could” she says entering the hallway from the living room. “Your not going anywhere till your rooms unpacked.” I sigh and head back outside “I can’t come out and play till I finish unpacking my room” I say in a high pitched whine, Frank and Mikey frown. “Well if you have to unpack why don’t we help” Bob says eye brows raised a sly smile on his face. “Brilliant” I say leading them quietly to the door and up to my room.

“Your room’s so empty” Frank says collapsing on to the floor “that is not productive Franklin” I say stepping over him to gain access to the boxes on the other side of him. “Don’t call me that” he says pulling him self of the floor “don’t call me Jenny” I retort opening the first box and finding my comics. “yeah” I say running my hand over the first one in the box “cool comics” Frank says reaching to touch one “no way, I don’t trust you with these” I say closing the box and handing it to Mikey “shelf over there” I say pointing to the book self next to the door. “Oh but you trust him” Frank say pouting “yup I believe he won’t get distracted half way through” I say open the next box to find my stereo. “Who knows how to set up a stereo I nearly destroy the poor thing trying to get it here” I say turning to the guys “that would be us” Ray says taking to box and getting to work with Bob.

Soon the stereo is blasting the Misfits and all the boxes are empty, “Jennifer” I here Janet say as she comes up the stairs “hide” I whisper and the five of them run into the bathroom. “Will you turn that racket off, I will never understand why your father bought that cursed thing for you” she says as she comes into my room. “So I wouldn’t tell you what he likes to do at night” I think but I say “don’t know, don’t care I’m done can I go out now?” “Fine” she says leaving I let out a sigh of relief as the guys pile back into my room “that was close” Gerard says running his fingers through his hair. We all nod and sneak back downstairs Frank almost blowing everything when he tripped on my shoe.

When we get out side we all start laugh and head down the street to Mikey and Gerard’s place, it looked similar to my house when we headed in we were greeted my their mom. “Hello who’s this” she says when she sees me “I’m Jen it’s nice to meet you” I say offering her my hand. “Nice to meet you too” she says then heads back into the kitchen as the guys collapse onto the couches in the living room. “So what do you guys normally do” I ask sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of Mikey, “whatever” Gerard said pulling out a sketchbook and going to work. Ray and Bob turn on some video game and start playing while Mikey pulls out a comic book.

“So besides comics what are you into” Frank asks “umm… music I used to sneak out to shows all the time in Cleveland there was this club that never checked ID that I used to go to all the time” I say turning away from the TV to look up at Frank. “Very cool, I’m into the music scene out here, we should go to a show sometime” he says smiling “defiantly all of us at a show would be sick” I say. “Hey what you reading” I say leaning back at Mikey “X-Men” he says lifting to comic to smile at me his glasses on the end of his nose. “Sweet” I say reaching up to push his glasses to a more comfortable spot “thanks” he blushes reburying his nose in his comic.

My phone rings “where are you your father will be home ant minute” Janets annoying voice yells through the phone “I’ll be right there” I say pulling my self off the floor. “Well looks like its time for me to go, see you guys tomorrow” I was answered by a chorus of good-byes as I left heading back home. I got home just as my dad got out of the car “where were you” he asks in a condescending tone “at a friends” I answer simply heading for the door he grabs my arm “really did you ask Janet if you could go” he asks tightening his grip on my arm. “Yes she said I could go once my room was unpacked” I said, he let go and I could feel the bruise starting to form as we headed in the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story