Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How Wrong We Were to Think We Knew Anything

Secrets

by Anthrax_Angel 0 reviews

Jen struggles to keep Franks birthday suprise a secret

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-13 - Updated: 2010-12-14 - 1166 words

1Ambiance
The weeks went by, me and the guys became great friends I would go over and we would hang out, and pretty soon it was the day before Halloween. I woke up sore as shit my dad having had a little too much ‘fun’ last night I dragged my self to my closet and grabbed a pair of baggy jeans and a supper tight long sleeve shirt and head to the bathroom. After 10 minutes applying make-up the bruise on my face is invisible I smile at myself in the mirror before heading down stairs my Ipod blaring Bullet for My Valentine. I don’t bother with breakfast I just leave the house and sit on the front steps waiting for Mikey and Gerard.

I’m changing the song when I hear a horn honk, I look up to see a shitty white van stopped on the street in front of my house, “look what we got” Gerard says from the passenger seat. “Are you guys here to kidnap me” I say heading to the van “yup now hop in before we’re late” Gerard say motioning with his head to the backseat, I pull open the door and jump in. “This is sick” I say smiling as we head off toward the school “I know right Helena got it for us” Mikey says smiling his eyes never leaving the road. “That is so cool” “right anyway we need to talk to you about what we’re doing for Frankie’s birthday tomorrow” Gerard says turning to face me “true I forgot his birthdays tomorrow” I say in shock. “No worries we got a plan we’re going to head out right after school to go see the Smashing Pumpkins.” “No way” I squeal bouncing up and down in my seat “not a word” Gerard says as we pull into the parking lot I nod and try to calm myself down.

It’s the longest day ever as a fight not to tell Frankie about the next day, he keeps asking me if something’s wrong and I fight not to tell him it’s a relief when the day is over and I have the guys as a buffer. “Hey we’re going out for coffee want to come” Mikey asks heading towards his van with the rest of the guys, “no thanks 1. I don’t drink coffee, and 2. I need to talk to Janet about something” I say seeing Frank stick his head out of the van. “That’s cool we’ll still drop you off” Mikey says dragging me to the van I crawl into the back with Frank. “You’re going to hang with us tomorrow right” Frank says putting his arm around my shoulder “of course” I say leaning into him.


“Here you are my lady” Mikey says as we pull up in front of my house “thanks Mikes, see you guys later” I say ruffling Mikey’s hair as I crawl out of the van. “Hey only I get to call him that” Gerard says rolling down the front window “sorry” I wave as they head down the street. I smile as I enter the house thinking about the next day “hey Janet can I talk to you” I ask entering the living room where she sitting on the couch reading some magazine. “What” she asks impatiently “I was wondering if I could hang out with some friends after school tomorrow, it one of their birthdays we were going to go to this rock show” I say leaving out as many details as possible. “you’ll have to ask your farther when he gets home” Janet says turning back to her magazine I sigh and head upstairs no way my dad would let me go, but I had to try for Frank.

When my dad got home I went down to talk to him before he started drinking “he dad can I go to a show with some people tomorrow” I ask from the door to the kitchen while he cracks open a beer. “Where” he asks turning to me “don’t know the venue but I can ask and texted you” I says as he comes closer “with who” he takes a swig “just some guys I chill with” I say hoping he won’t ask more. “No can do I’m not letting you go out with a bunch of guys” he said walking past me while purposefully rubbing his crotch against my leg. I hide any reaction and go to my room turning up the stereo, grabbing my art stuff I start on this week’s project a caricature of someone I had decided to do Mikey. An hour later I had a cute little Mikey staring up at me his glasses daggling off the end of his nose, I turned in early knowing that tomorrow would be a long day.

I followed my same routine the next morning that I follow every morning deciding that I was going to the concert, I would deal with the consequences when I got home all that matter that was Frank had a sweet birthday. I went downstairs and grabbed two packages of pop-tarts throwing one in my bag and opening the other “bye Janet” I say she doesn’t look up from the paper as I walk out of the house. The guys are already out side “hurry up we have to pick up Frank” Gerard calls from the van as I sprint toward it “yeah, yeah, want a pop-tart” I ask offering it to Gerard “hell yeah” he says taking it. We drive to Franks house he’s waiting outside I throw open the door and jump out “Happy Birthday” I say throwing my arms around his neck. We both laugh and climb back in the van where Mikey and Gerard wish him a happy birthday, “so what are we doing tonight” Frank asks practically jumping up and down. “Don’t worry about it” we reply leaving him to stew.

By the end of the day Frank is freaking out and he pins me to my locker “come on tell me” he says his face inches from mine “come on you can’t wait 5 minutes till we’re all outside” I say wriggling uncomfortably in his grasp. “Come on Frank let her go we’ll tell you when we get to the van” Mikey says pulling Frank off I smile at him as we follow the super excited Frank down the hallway. “Sorry he sometimes forget people have personal space” Mikey says before I get to uncomfortable in the silence, that was one of the great things about Mikey he didn’t mind silence but he would always start conversations cause he new I hated them. I smile “no worries I know I’m the same sometimes” “holy shit no way” we hear Frank scream as we exit the school “guess Gerard told him” I say smiling at Mikey.
Sign up to rate and review this story