Categories > Cartoons > Codename: Kids Next Door > Operation H.O.L.L.Y.

Prince of Thieves

by Mynameisnotimportant 0 reviews

Lincoln/Holly fans, this is the chapter.

Category: Codename: Kids Next Door - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-12-28 - Updated: 2010-12-29 - 785 words - Complete

-1MarySue
Lincoln opened the door to the weapons room back on The Yellow Submarine. All of them had gotten back from the Abracadabra District alright, but that wasn’t what was bothering him.
Cadel Young was sitting at a table, working on some 2x4 technology with Hoagie and telling him about his gloves. “You swing your fist around, and the centrifugal force creates energy, and the energy is powerful enough to knock through walls” Cadel explained, tossing a new 2x4 tech to the side. “Seriously?” Hoagie asked. “Dead serious. It’s the coolest thing ever” Cadel announced. He looked up when Lincoln opened the door.
“Howdy there, Lincoln. Heard about the Menagerie and Holly. ‘You look pretty’? Very suave, Mr. Debonair” Cadel said, smirking and pulling off his goggles.
Lincoln slammed the door. “Who'd you hear that from?” he hissed.
“Ingrid, who heard if from Wally. So Lincoln and Hol-” Lincoln picked up a newly minted 2x4 tech and shot at Cadel.
Cadel ducked.
“Touchy” muttered Numbuh two.
“I hate you all!” Lincoln complained, sitting down on a nearby bench.
Cadel looked up. “Hey, I’m sorry, alright? Normally, I would mock you for hours for liking her, but I feel....sorry and sympathetic, okay?” Cadel climbed over the table.
“Wait a sec. I remember hearing something about that from Numbuh three!” Numbuh two exclaimed.
“Hear what?” Lincoln and Cadel asked at the same time.

“I heard from Numbuh three who heard it from Ingrid who heard it from Holly that she likes you!” Numbuh two frowned, “That Holly likes you” he finished.
“I dunno...I really don’t want to deal with this now....” Lincoln fidgeted.
“Jeez! You’re such a baby! Look, Operation Final Crusade could kill us all, and then you’ll have to live with regrets that you never dealt with Holly and your own issues” Cadel ranted, running his fingers through his hair.
“I deal with it later” Lincoln muttered, staring at the floor.

Cadel sighed. “Look. I really didn’t want to do this, Lincoln, but you leave me no choice...” Cadel trailed off, and then pointed at Lincoln.
“I am issuing a famous Ultimatum!” Cadel announced.
“What the heck is an Ultimatum?” Lincoln asked, looking from Cadel to Hoagie.
“It’s a....um.....a...haven’t a clue, actually” Hoagie said, looking down to fuse a loose connection in the 2x4 piece he was working on.
Cadel blushed.
“You don’t know what an Ulti-whatsit is either, do you, Cadel Young?” Lincoln leaned back.
“Okay, I don’t know what an ultimatum is-”
“Aha! Knew it!”
“Oh shut up. Go talk to Holly.”
“Never in my life!”
“Oh really?” Cadel asked, raising a 2x4 tech he had just finished.
“Do it and I kick your teeth in” Lincoln snarled.
“Right” Cadel said, and started shooting.

Cadel wasn’t aiming to kill, just bruise and severely annoy. “Stop it!” Lincoln tried to seem tough, but he was laughing. Lincoln stumbled out the door, swearing and laughing, and he bumped into Holly.
Cadel and Hoagie ran down the hallway, their laughter and footsteps echoing as if they at the bottom of a well.

“Hey, Holly”
“‘Ello?”
Lincoln ran a hand through his hair.
There was an extremely awkward silence.
“Lincoln....” Holly started to say, but then Lincoln cut her off.

“Look Holly you probably think I’m crazy but I think you’re kind of cute and I love your accent and you and the way you fight and I tried to tell you three times in the Menagerie because I thought we would die, this, y’know the three words and all that garbage, and I’m not so good with feelings but I love making you laugh and I’m probably making it worse, but here’s the thing, I’m kind of in love with you”

Lincoln managed to say all this only breathing twice.

“Oh” Holly said.
“Just Oh?” Lincoln asked, thinking that he should run.
Holly smiled.
“You can’t spell love without an Oh” she whispered.

Holly stood on her toes and kissed Lincoln.

One end of the hallway erupted in cheers.
Cadel and Hoagie had ran and gotten everybody to come watch.
Lincoln and Holly blushed.
“Lincoln and Holly sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!” Numbuh three chanted.
“Lincoln, you prince of thieves you!” Ingrid screamed, laughing.
Numbuh four whistled.
Cadel and Numbuh two high-fived.

Holly just smiled, turned around, and kissed Lincoln again.
“OOOOOOOHHHH!” everybody screamed.

“Wow” Lincoln whispered.
“I know, roight?” Holly whispered back, and then screamed “Come on, you lot! We’re infiltratin’ the Printworks in 24 hours and I want everythin‘ to run smoothly! STEP TO IT!”
Everybody scattered, laughing and planning.
Sign up to rate and review this story