Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sleep Death, My Love

Chapter Two

by DeJaSins 3 reviews

All seem to be oblivious of us and our world, save one. But for how long...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-29 - Updated: 2010-12-31 - 3336 words

1Original
Okay this was originally meant to be two chapters but I'm tired of trying to be funny and just want to get to the good stuff so I edited it a little bit so that I could smush them together. This unfortunately means that the chapter is going to be fairly long, but at least this way in the next chapter the spooky stuff will officially begin



Mikey's Point Of View



Gerard walked beside me until we entered the threshold of the mansion and immediately upon our entry a chill visibly ran down both of our spines.

“Jesus Fucking Christ! It's fucking FREEZING in here!” Gerard howled as he dropped his bags to the ground and wrapped his black leather jacket tightly about his body. Shivering, I looked around the foyer to see Bob and Ray who tried to stifle their own trembling by rubbing their palms together in hopes that the friction of the movement would generate enough heat to warm their entire bodies. Frank on the other hand, who has been known to be completely oblivious to all things, wandered aimlessly throughout the mansion, exploring each room and relaying details about each room once visited by hollering down the stairs where the rest of us were all still quivering and gathered in the foyer.

A few moments later, Frank descended the stairs draped in disappointment.

“It has twenty-two rooms. None of which held a single shred of evidence to any paranormal activity” He sighed as he slumped upon the last step of the staircase, looking particularly miserable in his defeat. I bit my lip in an attempt to refrain from laughing at his child-like behavior and opted to change the subject instead.

“Twenty-two rooms huh. That's a lot to choose from. How do you guys figure we should go about doing so?” I asked.

“Well I figure we should just draw numbers. The number you pull is the room in which you reside during our little tarry here” Ray said through slightly chattering lips.

“Alright then. Frank, go get some paper and something to put it into and lets get this shit started. The quicker we pick rooms, the quicker we can figure out how to get some damn heat in here” Gerard demanded.

“Why've I gotta do it?” Frank questioned lazily as he slouched back upon the staircase, still grieved by his disappointment at not finding anything.

“Simply because” Gerard stated, apathetic to Frank's current state, but when he realized the reluctance in Frank's eyes he was quick to tack on “Besides, you might be able to find tell-tale signs of Daisy's existence somewhere whilst you do so”

I watched as Frank's eyes began to widen as that flame which beckons for adventure was resuscitated by Gerard's words.

“Don't you worry Gerard. I'll find them!” he called over his shoulder as he dashed upstairs and away from the foyer, delving further into what was uncharted water for the rest of us but which he had already tamed. I just wonder if he's gone to find the paper or the “tell-tale signs”. God he's gullible.

Upon his return, the guys and I were just walking back inside from transporting the remaining luggage into the mansion. Frank stood poised at the bottom of staircase with his left hand placed at his forehead as if he were saluting us and in his right hand was a top hat with several pieces of ripped up paper inside. “I was unable to find tell-tale signs of her existence but I was able to find paper and this top hat to put it all in” He barked much like a drill sergeant. What is wrong with that damn boy? I ponder as I reach my hand into the hat, drawing out a piece of paper that had the number 17 quickly scribbled upon it.

“Dammit!” I looked up from the paper in shock at an obviously defeated and distraught Frank who stared at me with resentment boiling in his eyes.

“I wanted that fucking number! I was even going to rig the game just to ensure that I got it!” he yelled, stomping his right foot in his child-like fury. So naturally, I have to fuck with him.
Chuckling softly I gaze at him condescendingly. “Tough luck. I pulled the number, thus the room is mine” I said teasingly as I wave the scrap of paper in the air, watching him sulk whilst still gripping firmly onto the hat. Speaking of...

“Hey Frankie”

“What do you want?” He asked bitterly. Is he really this upset over a room? Ridiculous.

“Where did you get that hat from anyway?” I questioned. Frank blinked twice with a slightly surprised look on his face as the guys and I stared at him waiting for an answer.

Frank took his left hand and slowly scratched the back of his head while he squeezed his right eye shut.

“Well when I was searching for paper, I found it sitting right in the middle of the bed in your room,” he stopped scratching, opened both eyes slowly and looked straight at me with a dark grin. I watched his lip ring bob up and down as he spoke: “The crazy thing is that when I checked around the house the first time, I know for a fact that it wasn't there”

A freezing sensation took its course down every crevice on my spine as I thought about what Frank was telling me. Something has mysteriously appeared where it wasn't before, in my room on my bed no less, and there was no else around to place it there, except. The image of the weeping woman flashes across my mind. Was it, that woman? Could it have been she who placed the hat there? But she's not real! She's not-

“BWAHAHAHA!” A bellowing laugh escaped from Frank's lungs which completely startled me, so much in fact that I nearly jumped out of my skin and lost all breath in my lungs.

“What!? What?!” I yell breathlessly in my confusion. I stare at Frank who had his hand clasped tightly across the lips from which the laugh escaped in a desperate attempt at trying to stifle his laughter, but was failing miserably. Eventually he just gives up and laughs with his hand placed on his forehead and his head thrown back, Once his waves of laughter finally subside, he wipes a few tears from his eyes and looks at me, a wide smile still plastered on his face.

“Geez kid you're just too damn easy. I mean, I know we're in a haunted house and all but come on!” he chuckled. My eyes suddenly find my feet to be very interesting as I stare at them instead of looking into the eyes of my fellow band mates as I feel my face begin to burn in embarrassment and I feel like a total simpleton! It was a trick. Of course it was a trick! It's fucking Frank! Dammit! I can't believe I swallowed his every lying word so easily!
Out if both frustration and embarrassment, I grab my suitcases and push past the still laughing Frank making my way upstairs and to my bedroom.

“Aww. Don't tell me that the little babe's upset?” Frank mocked from at the bottom of the staircase.

“Fuck off” I called over my shoulder as I began to search the enormous mansion for my room.

“15.... 16....Ah lucky 17” I said to myself as I grasped the golden handle of the door belonging to my bedroom. Once opened, I swallowed hard realizing that this just so happened to be the room in which I saw that tear-stained face staring at me from the window. What am I saying?! This is just the room that I imagined I saw that tear-stained face in. Fuck it. Let's just go inside and put all your fears to rest.

I slowly poke my head into the massive bedroom and let my eyes scan over every inch. After finding nothing out of the ordinary, I take two steps inside and I immediately regret it. An unrelenting cold engulfs my body, freezing the air in my lungs and causing my body to tremble violently. I drop my bags to the floor with a loud thud and wrap my arms around my shaking body. This isn't right. I mean the entire house is cold but this room is freezing! It almost feels as if it's so cold that its burning me! And the air itself is practically menacing!

“Mikey?” I slowly turn around to face Gerard standing in the doorway. He has a worried look on his face and his arm is stretched out towards me as he begins to walk into the room.

“Mikey? Mikey why are you shaking like that?” He questions fearfully as he steps closer to me. Is he kidding me? Doesn't he feel that extreme temperature change and that adamantine presence that consumes your entire body upon entry. Isn't he encased in the same paralyzing state of fear as myself?

“Y-you d-don't f-f-feel that?” I manage to choke out through chattering teeth.

“Feel what?” he asked in confusion, which could only mean that he really doesn't feel it. There is no way one could be confused about what I it is I am feeling.

“Y-you didn't f-feel how c-c-cold it got when you entered the r-room?” I catechized him. I watched him breathe out a sigh of relief as his hand dropped down to his side.

“Well, yeah. I noticed a temperature change, but it wasn't enough to freeze me in my tracks as it apparently did to you. This is why Mom keeps telling you you need to eat more. You're all skin and bones. The smallest wind would probably freeze you completely.” He smiled at me as he grabbed my wrist, pulling me into his concerned and loving embrace. I drank in his warmth and the stale scent of cigarettes and coffee that coated him and all thoughts of the woman and that cold, menacing room were lifted from my mind as the trembling stopped.
Gerard slowly began to pull back from the embrace and as hesitant as I was of relinquishing that warmth, I let him go as well.

“Hey Mikes. If this room is too much for you, I don't mind switching with you” he said as he stared into my eyes, as if searching for something that would allow him to better understand my queer behavior as of late. I can't allow him to stress out over me like this.

“Haha. Now if I did that Frank would never let me hear the end of it! I'll be fine as soon as I get a thousand or so covers and we figure out how to turn on that damn heater!” I tried to laugh reassuringly, but as I looked at my brother I could tell that he wasn't at all buying my facade, but he wasn't going to pry either.

“Hey guys” came a voice from entrance of the bedroom. I looked over Gerard's shoulder to see a smiling Frank standing in the doorway with a camera in hand. Is that my camera?

“We still gotta find a room to set this bad boy up in. So quit dawdling and come the fuck on” He beamed as he stepped to the side to allow Gerard and I passage. Gerard smirked at Frank and then back at me. “Duty calls” he said as he turned and exited the room. I followed suite, and ensured that I shut the door to the bedroom behind me as I did so.

“Hey Frank, be honest this time” I said as the three of us began our descent down the staircase to meet up with Bob and Ray with him in between Gerard and I.
“What Mikey?” Frank questioned, and for once in his life I could see that he was taking our conversation seriously. Was my fear that obvious?
“Where did you really find that top hat?” I asked while trying to hide the small amount of fear that I was certain was creeping up on me. Frank stopped walking causing Gerard and I to stop, and looked me straight in the eye.

“I honestly did find it in your room. I just lied about it not having been there before, as I hadn't even gone in your room beforehand. So chill out Mikes. There's nothing to be afraid of. At least not until we can actually prove that Daisy's ghost is real anyways” and with that he began to walk ahead of us as he called out to Ray and Bob, swinging his right hand with the camera in his hand. Oh shit, I nearly forgot.

“Frank?” I called out. He turned around with one foot on the last step and the other planted firmly on the floor.
“What is it?” He asked innocently

“Is that my camera?” I accused more so than asked. He gave a sly grin in reply.

“Course not, Mikey”





Bob's Point Of View




“Could you guys pick up the pace? I wanna figure out exactly what room we're placing that damn thing in so that I never go in it” I called to Gerard and Mikey who were still slowly coming down stairs.

“Keep your shit, Bryar. You act as if Frank's not going to just walk around the house with the camera anyways” Gerard replied coolly as the two finally reached the bottom.

“First of all, Gerard, don't go planting demonic seeds in his head. And secondly, Frank, the moment that I see that damned thing outside of the room we pick, or I see mirrors in the room or even if its merely angled suspiciously I'm breaking that thing into a million pieces” I looked directly at Frank and pointed my index finger into his smirking face.

“Got it?” I demanded

“Yeah, yeah. Don't pop a vessel there princess” He sarcastically replied as he strolled past me, patting my shoulder as he did so. I looked up at Ray who merely closed his eyes and shook his head.

“Um. I hate to intercede, but you do know that that's my camera, right?” Mikey asked quietly as he and Gerard approached me and Ray. I snorted in response and began walking in the same direction as Frank and soon we began searching for an appropriate room to put that stupid camera in.

After awhile of searching every available room in this freakin mansion, we found, or rather I found a room that sat all the way at the back of the mansion at a perpendicular intersection of a hallway, which meant that it'd be impossible for the camera to catch anything other than what was going on in the room. The room was small and bare with only a couch that lined the white wall adjacent to the door and a white, plastic round table with two chairs circling it. A huge smile spread upon my face as I opened my arms wide and looked at the room.

“It's perfect” I said still smiling.

“What in the hell are you talking about?! It's the blandest, tiniest room in the entire house!” Frank yelled whilst stretching his hand out towards the room as if trying to unveil the room to me a second time in hopes that I would then see things through his eyes and realize that this place was unfit to hold his precious camera.
Boy was he wrong.

“That's exactly why it's perfect. Plus there's no way you can angle the camera to see outside of the room. For that reason alone this is the best place to put it” I confirmed, nodding my head and crossing my arms as if doing so would end the discussion.
Frank looked from one person to the next practically begging for one of them to agree with him, but he could tell by their completely apathetic faces that this was a battle he was not going to win.
He sighed in defeat as I smiled at my own victory. Uncrossing my arms, I looked around the room and then at the defeated Frank.

“Well? Start hooking it up!” I demanded as I dropped my body onto the sofa in exhaustion. This house was really freaking huge, and that search seemed to go on forever. I watched in silence as Gerard and Mikey left Ray leaning against the door frame to sit at the table and watch Frank mutter on about 'What wire goes where in this lame, desolate ass room'. After about fifteen minutes of “red wire, blue wire” president of the Geek squad, Ray Toro, shoved Frank out of his way and in three swift movements had the entire system set up. Holding the camera in his right hand, he pushed the little that apparently makes the damn thing record and turned it so that it was filming the pouting child called Iero.

“Say something” Ray said nonchalantly.
“Something” Frank mumbled as he looked at the door in his sulking. He's so immature. Ray pressed some buttons on the camera that caused it to replay what he had just recoded. Satisfied, he laid it upon the table in between Gerard and Mikey. I shifted nervously in my seat, hoping that I wasn't in its view.
Gerard scratched his head in both boredom and annoyance. “Alright. So, we've got the room, the camera's all set up, now we just have to decide when we're coming in here and what for” he stated matter-of-factly.

“Oh! We'll come in every Tuesday and Thursday to make a report on how the album's coming along! Unless of course we experience some sort of paranormal activity. In said cases, we're to relay all information about the experience immediately!” He grinned, eyes twinkling madly in his excitement.

“Why on Tuesdays and Thursdays?” Mikey asked, although his face showed that he was quite unconcerned with the answer.

“Because, Mikey. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the only days that begin with a 'T'. Duh”

“That's ridiculous! Saturday and Sunday begin with an 'S'. So what the hell makes T better than S!” I threw in defensively. Why I was so appalled by his ignorance I will never know. I should come to expect it by now. Besides, they're just letters.

“This is fucking ludicrous” Gerard sighed, aggravation causing his right eye to twitch. “With ingenious logic like that, we may as well do it everyday of the week simply because they all end in day” he said condescendingly.

“Fuck yeah!” Frank cried excitedly, completely missing Gerard's sarcasm.

“This is what we're going to do. We're gonna call this 'The Heavy Room' and anytime we are being burdened with something we feel we need to discuss with the group then we'll come here to do so. And yes, Frank. That does include any paranormal experiences. Alright? If we're done here I'm going to go crank the thermostat to two hundred and then I'm going to my room to get some fuckin sleep” he said while standing up and walking out of the room.
Ray, who had returned to his post by the door after having fixed the camera, looked at the three of us (Specifically me and Frank) shook his head and then left the room. Biding us goodnight by waving softly.
Mikey stood up slowly to stretch, then looked down at Frank and I as he smiled. “Well, goodnight” he said as he started his journey upstairs when Frank ran after him calling “Mikey, aren't you too afraid to go to sleep?” and laughing once Mikey told him to shove his feigned concern up his ass.

Too tired to climb the stairs and search the mansion for my room, I decided to stretch out upon the couch and camp here for the night. Just as I'm drifting of into sleep, I notice that something on the camera is causing a little red light to beep. It... better not...... be.........recording.
Sign up to rate and review this story