Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 2

by savedbymcr15 1 review

Immediately after the concert. This chapter is written by my co-author.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-30 - Updated: 2010-12-30 - 495 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Gerard's pov

Mikey looked over at me and smiled, his eyes shining with what seemed like tears but was really just pure thankfulness. I smiled back, and longed to run over and just hug him.

Not yet, I reasoned with myself and settled with a smile back, first finish up, because you and I both know you won't be coming back if you go over there.

I laughed softly to myself, and threw myself back into the conversation, glancing back at Mikey.

I was being paranoid, like someone was about to come and attack him. That kind of thing was just so unnerving. How does one act after his brother is physically attacked on stage during a concert? Everything is definitely not normal after that.

I dared one more look over at Mikey, and saw him walking towards me. The people he had been talking to stood there dumbfounded, showing that Mikey had just walked away. I could read that he knew that he had just left in the middle of something, but I could see plainly that he didn't care.

He walked with a slight limp, and I had to swallow hard to prevent myself from exploding in public, just yelling at myself. Why hadn't I protected him better? I didn't want to see the bruises that were probably already starting to mutate over his flesh. I didn't want to see what I hadn't been able to stop.

"Hey," he said in a low voice right by my ear, low enough that only I heard it, and subtle enough that no one noticed and kept talking.

"Excuse me," I said and turned away, taking Mikey's arm and leading him as far off as I could without being completely rude. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He smiled again and passed a hand over his eyes. He looked so worn out, shadows under his eyes completing the look.

"Fine," he said softly, as if even breathing hurt him. I could see the traces of a flinch that he tried to hide flicker across his face. "Really, I'm okay," he insisted firmly.
I nodded, not really believing him, but wanting to so desperately it almost hurt.

"I could have stopped him," I frowned, letting the guilt rise.

"You weren't anywhere near me!" Mikey exclaimed, upset I was even blaming myself for something I had no control over.

"I could have been."

"But you wren't, and it wasn't your fault. How could you have known that somefreak was going to do what he did?" Mikey practically tackled me in a hug and held me as tight as he could manage without hurting himself.

I wrapped my arms around him too and we just stood like that for what felt like a long time, but could have only been a few moments.

"You don't have to always be there," Mikey murmured his lips curving into a slight smile.

You have no idea, baby brother. You have no idea.
Sign up to rate and review this story