Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 6

by savedbymcr15 2 reviews

Gerard has a nightmare, and Mikey and Gerard have a talk.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-31 - Updated: 2010-12-31 - 912 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard's pov

I'm always in the way. These thoughts echoed in my head.

It was a dark tunnel. I could hear Mikey calling my name. I tried to get closer, but every step that I took seemed to take him farther away from me. I decided to stop in hopes that Mikey would get closer. Suddenly, there was an eerie red glow. I looked around, hoping to find something that I knew. My eyes landed on a figure sitting in a chair. It looked up at me. I didn't want to believe my eyes, but there he was. My baby brother sitting on the chair, looking at me with nothing but pure hate burning in his eyes. I didn't know why he was upset, but I had a yearning in my heart to make it all better. I took a step closer.

"Mikey, what's wrong, buddy?" I asked. The hate in his eyes grew to a new level.

"You are!" he growled. My heart sunk.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Perhaps there was just some sort of misunderstanding that we could sort out. That had to be it.

"You, you're always in the way!" Mikey said angrily. "You always watch me, like I'm not able to look after myself. I can't ever be my own person, because you'll probably make me change!"

"Mikey-"

"No, Gerard. Besides, I'm not even done. Then comes the band. It's always been about you. You're the singer, and I'm just your sidekick! Well, not anymore, Big shot. I'm done with living in your shadow!" Mikey screamed at me. He got up from the seat, and started to approach me. He started to run after me as I started to run away. I got to what seemed like the end of the tunnel, and then it felt like I was falling.

"Gerard!" I heard my name in the distance.
***


My eyes shot open. I couldn't breathe. I was on the ground, and I was looking up at some doctors. I tried to speak, but I couldn't make a sound.

Mikey, where is he?! I wondered. I wanted to know where my baby brother was. I tried to breathe in.

"Where is my brother?!" I finally managed to get out. One of the doctors gestured to the hospital bed. I followed his gesture and saw Mikey looking at me on the verge of tears, his eyes full on fear. I slowly got up, and with the help of the doctors, I made my way to Mikey. The doctors lowered me onto Mikey's bed so I was lying down with him. Then, they left the room, giving us privacy.

"What happened?" Mikey asked me. He looked as though he had been crying before.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Gee...Does it seem like it's always about me in your life?"

"No, never. Mikey, you keep forgetting what I choose to treat you that way..." I said.

Flashbacks of my dream kept replaying in my head.

Silence took over the room for a moment before Mikey decided to question me.

"What about you, Gerard?"

"What about me?"

"What happened?"

"Mikey...Does it seem like it's always about me, or like I'm always in the way in your life?" I asked.

"No, what would ever make you think I feel that way?!" Mikey asked.

"I...I don't know." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"You're lying."

"What?"

"Gerard, you know exactly what happened. Enlighten me." Mikey said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Look, I had a nightmare, and then it made me question the way that I treat you." I confessed.

"Oh." Mikey replied shortly.

"What about you?"

"I...uh..I had a nightmare too." Mikey said.

"What? Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked, almost offended that Mikey didn't come to me.

"Because, Gerard. I had a dream that you thought that everything was about me, and so I decided that I would just leave you to your dreams, and I would deal with my problems on my own."

"Mikey...I wouldn't have cared if you woke me up. I'm your big brother."

"I know, Gerard. You're my big brother, and you think it's your job to protect me, but you seemed so peaceful...For the first time in a long time, and I didn't want to disturb that." Mikey reasoned.

"Trust me, I wasn't peaceful."

"So...I did something wrong?" Mikey asked, sadness coming over his features in a matter of seconds. He reminded me of a small child, and it tugged at my heart.

"No, Mikey...You did what you thought was right, and that's good enough."

"But you just said-"

"Michael James, don't start debating this with me. I just want to see you smile, and take you back to the bus with the guys."

"I just want to see you smile, Gee." Mikey replied.

A small smile played at my lips. Mikey, always thinking of others.

Mikey smiled when he saw the one playing at my lips.

"I love you, Michael. Don't you ever, ever forget that, or doubt it for a second."

"Never again, Gerard. Oh, and never call me Michael again." Mikey smirked.

"I'll think about it."

And for once in a long time, Mikey and I felt somewhat content. We just weren't sure what would happen next, or if it would be good or bad. We could only pray for the best, and that's what we did.
Sign up to rate and review this story