Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 8

by savedbymcr15 3 reviews

Gerard speaks with the doctor, and then speaks with Mikey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-31 - Updated: 2011-01-01 - 881 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Gerard's pov

My breath caught in my throat at the sight of those words. What could be so wrong with Mikey that the doctor needed to talk to me about? I slowly got up, careful not to disturb Mikey and followed the doctor outside. My heartbeat increased with each step that I took. All I wanted was for Mikey to be okay. How could all of this happen just from one incident on stage? How could I let this happen? I looked at the doctor expectantly as I waited for him to begin.

"Mr Way,how are you feeling?"

"How I'm feeling doesn't matter. How Mikey's feeling is more important." I said through clenched teeth.

"Well, Mr Way, your brother can be taken home from the hospital, however there are many risks involved."

"If there are so many risks, why mention letting him out of here?" I asked.

"Your job requires you to travel around the world, Mr Way. We don't want to be in the way of that." The doctor responded. I nodded.

"Well,what are the risks if we take him?" I asked.

"If you choose to take your brother home at this point in time, he might suffer sever pain, nausea, fevers, severe headaches, you'll have to monitor him and make sure that he's eating, because he won't feel hungry, you'll have to make sure he sleeps enough and doesn't push himself too hard-"

"What happens if he pushed himself too hard?" I asked, taking a nervous glance at my sleeping brother.

"His body will become stressed, leading to even more severe pain, which you would have to use a needle to heal." The doctor explained.

"How does the needle help?" I asked.

"It makes the body numb to stress so the body is able to relax." The doctor answered. "I'll leave you for a few moments to decide on whether or not you want to take your brother home just yet."

I nodded. Those were a lot of risks, and as if Mikey hasn't felt enough pain.Though I doubt that he'll want to stay here. I slowly walked back into Mikey's room and sat on his bednext to him.

"Mikes, wake up." I said softly, shaking his shoulder slightly.

"Gee?" Mikey asked as he opened his eyes.

"I have some news for you," I started. Mikey looked at me expectantly. "You can get out of here, but there are lots of risks if you do."

"What kinds of risks?" Mikey asked. I repeated everything that the doctor told me. "So there's a chance that I would have to go through all of that just because I left the hospital?"

"Yes, and I understand that you don't like hospitals, but I don't know if I'm prepared to let you leave with all of those risks." I said, taking in a deep breath. I prepared myself for the yelling that I was sure would happen.

"I don't want to stay here." Mikey said in such a soft voice, it broke my heart more than his yelling would have.

"Mikey, are you aware of how much pain you could be in? You've already been hurt enough."I tried to reason with him.

"Apparently not." Mikey said with the same soft voice that shattered my heart.

"What?"

"I might be getting healed physically here, but it's damaging me emotionally. Gee...You don't understand." Mikey said.

"You're right; I don't understand. Enlighten me, Mikey. Make me understand."

"Gee, I just want to go back to the bus and be with you and the guys. I don't want to have doctors watching me and taking tests every which way I look. Please, don't make me stay here."

"Mikey," I started. I ran my fingers through his hair. "I want to take you out of here, but I don't want you to get hurt." I said. Mikey looked up at me and his eyes shone with tears. Mikey had always gotten frustrated and sensitive in hospitals. Something in me just wanted to let Mikey leave to hospital, hold him tight, and never let go. At the same time, something in my also wanted to snap and start yelling and screaming at myself.

"Gerard-"

"Mikey, you know that even if you do get out of here, I still have to monitor you."

"I'd rather have you watch me instead of all of these doctors." Mikey said with such conviction it almost worried me.

"Fine, Mikey. You can come back to the bus." I smiled. Just as I said this, the doctor entered the room.

"I see you've made your choice, then." The doctor said. I nodded. "Alright. I just need you to sign these rooms and Mikey will be free to go." he said as he handed me a clipboard.
I signed the forms and helped Mikey back into his regular clothes.

"You don't even know how much this means to me." Mikey smiled. The amount of joy on his face at that moment was something that I wouldn't trade for the world.

"I love you, Gerard."

"I love you too, Mikey." More than you will ever know. As brothers, we complete each other, and you will always be my number one priority. I love you, Michael James, more than you will ever know.
Sign up to rate and review this story