Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 10

by savedbymcr15 4 reviews

Mikey goes back to the bus, but something is bothering Gerard. Mikey tries to figure it out, and Gerard breaks down.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-01-01 - Updated: 2011-01-01 - 933 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Gerard helped Mikey into his bunk. It had been a long, miserable stay at the hospital, and even though it was a tour bus, Mikey felt more at home than he had in a while. However, Mikey's heart dropped when he looked at Gerard. There was something bothering him, and Mikey had a feeling that he was the cause of it, and it hurt him. He would never want to hurt Gerard, and the fact that he was broke his heart. Mikey put on a content face when he heard footsteps approaching his bunk. The curtain opened to reveal Gerard holding a cup of coffee. He silently handed Mikey the cup, gave him a small smile, and turned to leave. Mikey reached out and grabbed his wrist. Gerard looked back, a look of confusion on his face. Mikey searched his eyes, hoping to find something, and he did, though he wasn't pleased. All he found was pain and confusion. He felt tears well up in his eyes as he looked at the tears in Gerard's eyes, mixed with the pain and confusion. Looking at it hurt Mikey. It hurt him to see the pain that he had caused. Gerard tried to pull his wrist away from Mikey, but Mikey tightened his grip. Gerard's eyes were brimming with tears, to the point that if they welled up anymore, they would overflow. He fought to pull his arm away from Mikey, but Mikey refused to let go. Mikey put down the cup of coffee and used his newly freed hand to grip Gerard's other wrist.

"What are you doing?" Gerard asked, his voice thick with emotion.

Mikey didn't say anything. Instead, he pulled Gerard into his bunk. Gerard fought to get away, but Mikey pinned him down. Gerard fought Mikey, but eventually stopped in fear of hurting his brother. He substituted by looking up at his brother, trying to will him to let him go. However, Mikey had no intention of letting Gerard go before he found out what was wrong.

"Mikey, what are you doing?" Gerard asked.

"Trying to find out the truth."

"About what?!" Gerard asked, again trying to shove Mikey.

"Gerard, something is bothering you. What's going on?"

"It's none of your damn business!" Gerard said angrily before getting out of Mikey's bunk.

"Gee!" Mikey called, getting out of his bunk after him. He followed Gerard out of the bunk area and into the main area of the bus. "Why won't you talk to me? I'm your brother, and you can tell me anything. Don't you trust me anymore? Or do you just not love me anymore?"

As those words left Mikey's mouth, Gerard stopped. The tears that he had been holding in finally came out, flowing down his flushed face like a steady stream. He whipped around to face Mikey.

"Don't say that! Don't you ever say that again!" Gerard screamed, a sob tearing out of his throat so hard, that Mikey winced. "Never say that again!" Gerard screamed again, more sobs tearing out of his throat. Mikey took a step forward, but Gerard turned around and ran off of the bus. Mikey ran after Gerard. He had managed to catch up to Gerard, and grabbed him around the waist.

"Let go of me!" Gerard grumbled, trying to wriggle out of Mikey's grip.

"Never, because I was dumb enough to let you go before, and I shouldn't have. Some people go by saying 'if you love something, let it go', but I refuse to let you go...I love you too much to ever do that." Mikey said quietly.

Gerard turned around to face Mikey with tears in his eyes.

"Oh God, Mikey...I'm so sorry!" Gerard said before crying again.

Mikey kept his arm around Gerard's waist as they walked back to the bus.

As they walked onto the bus, the rest of the band watched them worriedly. Gerard was shaking, to the point where he looked unstable. Mikey gently guided Gerard into the bunk area.

"Something is bothering you. I just want to know what it is." Mikey said to Gerard as he reached out and wiped away a stray tear.

"I'm trying so hard..." Gerard trailed off, choking on a sob.

"To do what?"

"I'm just trying to be the big brother that you grew up with. I'm just trying to be there for you, and you need me more than ever right now, and I don't know if I can do it!" Gerard paused, trying to keep himself together. "Mikey, something changed while we were in the hospital. It's like we're broken up or something...I can't make it all on my own, Mikey. If we can't fix this, I'm as good as dead." Gerard said, looking down.

"Gerard, you are the big brother I've grown up with. You always have been. You're always there for me, and right now, I do need you more than ever, but you need me, too. You've been doing a good job as a big brother the whole time. I agree, something changed at the hospital, but we can work together to fix this. I can't make it on my own either, and we won't have to try." Mikey said, inching closer to Gerard.

"You promise that we'll work this out?"

"Of course." Mikey said, playing with the tips if Gerard's fingers.

With every problem comes a solution. To get to that solution, you have to go on a road to recovery. As Mikey and Gerard were set to begin theirs, you could see that everything was already starting to change.
Sign up to rate and review this story