Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 14

by savedbymcr15 2 reviews

Mikey and Gerard can't help but feel that they've let each other down.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-01-03 - Updated: 2011-01-03 - 754 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mikey watched Gerard with some worry in his eyes. Gerard's slight breakdown, and continuous promise of getting through this difficult period that they had entered had been incredibly unsettling. Mikey was being as careful as he could be with what he said to Gerard, because he was still very emotional, and the last thing that he wanted was to let him down, or upset him in any way. Unfortunately, these things were always easier said than done. After all, it was always hard to please those important to you. You always wanted to do your best, and never let them down. That was exactly what Mikey wanted to do. He just wasn't sure if he could manage that.

Mikey slightly inched over to Gerard to let him know that he was there for him. He thought that Gerard would have noticed all that he was trying to do, though he couldn't help but feel that it still wasn't good enough. Mikey couldn't exactly say for sure, though he did have a feeling that if Gerard did notice, he would know it. Gerard wasn't that good at hiding things from Mikey. After being brothers for almost 30 years, hiding things from each other was close to impossible. Many people would consider this a problem, but Mikey and Gerard didn't seem to want it any other way.

Mikey took a deep breath in, and then he let it out. Gerard made a move towards the door, signalling that he wanted to leave. Mikey grabbed his arm and turned him back around. He searched Gerard's eyes, and found that he was just moments away from completely crumbling.

"I want to go, Mikey. Even if it's just for a couple minutes." As Gerard said that he wanted to go, Mikey had to let him know that he was never going to let him walk away.

"You're not going without me."

"Just let me have this."

"I can't." Mikey sighed. As he searched Gerard's eyes again, he had the all too familiar sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. It could only mean one thing. Mikey had let Gerard down again.

"Why not, Mikey?" Gerard asked with a weary tone in his voice.

"I...I've done it again." Mikey sighed. He looked at Gerard again. "Go out, if it really means that much to you."

He had his memories of when they'd used to sing the songs that Gerard had written. They were so carefree, and now, it was a complete flip. It was a world of a burden on their shoulders. It's funny how everything can change...

"What have you done, Mikey?" Gerard took in a deep breath, and then let it out.

"Look, you say you want to go, but...I've got to let you know one thing first."

"What is it, Mikey?"

"I'll never let you walk away, Gerard."

As these words left Mikey's mouth, Gerard felt as though he had let Mikey down. Mikey had been trying to keep Gerard from leaving him, when he needed him more than ever.

Gerard let down Mikey down again. He had been doing a lot of this lately, but he was sick of it. He had never meant to let his baby brother down, ever. Gerard took Mikey's hand and led him off of the bus. They walked over to the railing at the edge of the lookout that the bus was stopped at. If it takes everything in me, I'll use it all up. I'm never going to let him walk away, and I'm never going to let him down again. Gerard just prayed that this time, he would be able to keep this promise to himself.

"Mikey, I know that I've let you down so many times...I'm not going to let it happen anymore." Gerard said. He looked Mikey directly in the eyes, only to find eyes that looked surprised looking back at him.

"You've never let me down. I've let you down, Gerard." Mikey responded.

"No you haven't..." Gerard replied, looking strangely at Mikey.

"Well, what is this, then? Have we been worrying for nothing?"

"I guess so..." Gerard said slowly. He began to chuckle a little bit, and so did Mikey.

Mikey pulled Gerard into a much needed hug.

"I'll never let you walk away, Gerard."

Those words made it feel as though there was a giant weight lifted off of Gerard's shoulders. He could finally breathe again, and Mikey could finally relax for a moment.

"I'll never let you walk away. Ever."
Sign up to rate and review this story