Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Ain't It Fun

Chapter 12: Payback's a Bitch

by rmrose2662 3 reviews

To vent off some steam, Riley calls up her bandmate for some words of advice...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-01-13 - Updated: 2011-01-14 - 1184 words - Complete

1Exciting
RILEY’S POV
I didn’t know where I wanted to go. I just had to get away from Axl. I let my mind wander, my feet carrying me wherever they wanted.
How could he? How could she? Did they have no morals, no sense of right and wrong? I mean, I act like a bitch sometimes, I admit that, but that was so low of the both of them. As much as I hated her, I expected more of Adriana. I didn’t feel sorry for her, not in the least. She deserved everything I gave her.
I wish I had done some outer damage to Axl, hell I wish I’d done damage to him anyway possible. I know he didn’t care that I left. If he did he would have chased after me no matter how stupid it seemed. I was 14 blocks away from the studio. He wasn’t running after me, he never ran after me.
My thoughts busied me for a long while, my feet leading me wherever. I looked up and recognized my neighborhood. I hadn’t been home in weeks. I hardly even remembered what the place looked like.
I did recognize it though. That stupid mansion, I hated it at the moment. I would have much rather been back at the apartment curled up in Axl’s bed, but there was no doing that anymore. That little bit of happiness was gone from my life, never to be seen again.
I unlocked the door, surprised that I had stuffed my house keys into my pocket before I left the apartment earlier. I didn’t remember doing anything except getting dressed and leaving. Maybe my subconscious had been trying to get prepared for the inevitable.
The door swung open, revealing my home. Things looked unused and decrepit, not at all how you’d expect things to be after only a few weeks.
I threw my keys on the coffee table and hurried to the nearest phone. I dialed the first number that came to my head.
“Hello?” a groggy male voice answered.
“Cliff, hey it’s me.”
I could hear Cliff shift to sit up. It sounded as if I’d just woke him up. “Riley? What’s up?”
I hesitated. Cliff Williams, the bass player for AC/DC, had been like my brother since he first joined up. I was afraid if I told him what had happened he would only lecture me. But I had to tell someone, and Cliff was the only person I could trust with this information other than Malcolm (Young), and I was not about to tell him about this.
“Axl hit me.”
“What!?” He suddenly sounded awake and very pissed off. “He did what to you?”
“He hit me. And he cheated on me,” I mumbled.
“How hard?”
“What?”
“How hard did he hit you?”
“Well I’m bleeding if that tells you anything.”
“That little… Riley I told you he was no good. I told you he was only going to hurt you.”
“Cliff shut up about that right now, okay? I don’t need you rubbing my nose in this right now. I need you to give me advice. So what do I do now?”
Cliff was silent for a while. “Well what do you want to do right now?”
“I want to piss Axl off. I want to make him wish he’d never done that to me. I want to put him through all the bullshit he’s put me through.”
“So go beat him up.”
“No, he’d win. I don’t want him to win. I want him to suffer.”
“Well, what about cheating on him?”
“Cliff, we’re not together anymore. I definitely can’t do that.”
“Does he know you’re not together?”
“Yes Cliff, he broke up with me!”
“Okay, okay! Well is there anyone he’s really close to?”
I thought about it for a moment. “Izzy I guess. They’ve known each other since they were in high school. They’re like brothers. Why what did you…” I realized where Cliff was heading. “Oh no, no no no Cliff. I’m not fucking Izzy.”
“Why the hell not, it would piss Axl off.”
“Well yeah, but I just don’t want to fuck Izzy. Why can’t I fuck Duff?”
“Do you like Duff or something?”
“Well, he’s hot…”
“Riley,” Cliff warned.
“Well it’s not like Izzy is any better when it comes to habits! He’s a fucking drug dealer! Duff is just an alcoholic.”
“Just an alcoholic? Riley, do you not remember how your dad died?”
“Of course I remember! How could even ask that?!”
“Well, if you start dating an alcoholic you’re just going to get hurt like that again.”
“I didn’t say date him, just have sex with him, just to get back at Axl.”
“It’ll hurt Axl more if it’s his best friend.”
I sighed. “You’re right,” I mumbled.
“I’m sorry? I’m what?”
“You’re right,” I said a little louder.
“Holy shit, I thought your mouth didn’t know how to form that sentence.”
“Fuck you Cliff.”
“No, I already knew you could say that one.”
I laughed a little then sighed. “But yeah, I guess Izzy would be the best one.”
“Great, you go do that.”
“Right now?”
“No not right now, it’s almost 4 in the morning.”
“No it’s… oh yeah, I keep forgetting you’re in London.”
“Oh, and I keep forgetting you’re in L.A. Well what time is it there?”
“Almost 8 at night.”
“Will Axl be at the apartment anytime soon?”
“I doubt it, he’ll probably be at the studio all night.”
“Then yeah, go now.”
I paused for a moment. “You know, I think this is the weirdest and wrongest conversation we’ve ever had.”
“Most wrong.”
“Fuck, I don’t care about my grammar.”
“I know. Anyway, go have fun. I’m going back to sleep.”
“Okay, sorry you to wake you up so late, or early, or whatever.”
“S’all right. Talk you tomorrow?”
“Yeah. Night Cliff. Love you.”
“Yeah, yeah. Love you too.”
I hung up the phone, staring at nothing in particular. I was trying to picture me and Izzy having sex. It didn’t seem that sexy in my head, but who knew? Maybe Izzy was better than Axl… I highly doubted that, but I guess it was possible.
Come on, Riley. You’ve got to do this. It’s the only way to get back at Axl as much as you can. Just do it, Izzy’ll know it doesn’t mean anything.
Will he? Will he really? I don’t want to hurt him, he’s so sweet.
Fuck that right now. Get back at Axl!
If it means hurting Izzy than I don’t want to do it!
Well you won’t know until you propose the idea to him, will you?
I sighed. Dammit, I hated it when the voice in my head was right…
Sign up to rate and review this story