Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > X-Men Evolution: The Generation Grows

X-Men Evolution: The Generation Grows

by ToruCMea 0 reviews

A group of teenagers become the new super heroes.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Jean - Published: 2011-01-18 - Updated: 2011-01-19 - 1300 words

0Unrated
Chapter One: Scarlet Letters

The night was cold, pouring with rain and hard rocks of hail falling from the pitch black sky. As thunder banged and lightning flashed, a teenage girl of 16 years old sat quietly in the darkness of her living room, a letter in her hand. With a deep breath, she read on, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Dear Scarlet,

My beautiful Scarlet. Here is the last letter that I will ever write, and I hope you will understand the fate I have come across. The fate of Death. I love you Scarlet, and even when I'm gone and you are grieving, I will still love you. It will seem as if your whole world is falling apart, but its not, and even if it does, you'll find away to put it back together with me by your side. please remember that I am always with you.

From: Your guardian Angel. Daddy.

His voice echoed through out her mind, ringing in her ears, and screaming for forgiveness. Forgiveness of the afterlife. Quickly, she began to lose air, her whole world suffocating. She closed her hazel brown eyes as tight as she could, wishing that this was all just a dream, but even wishing wouldn't bring him back, not now, not ever.

"Scarlet..?" A small voice whispered from behind, as if trembling in fear. Slowly, she turned around, her short brown hair framing her face perfectly and her tan white skin paler than normal.

"Danny, what are you doing up so late? It 3:00 o'clock in the morning." Scarlett pushed away the tears with a brave smile, pretending that she wasn't crying, when reality was, she couldn't stop. She faced her 6 year old brother with the best smile she could manage, but still, it didn't work.

"I had a bad dream that Daddy wasn't coming back... Him and Mommy broke up... And he died..." Scarlet looked away, knowing that she would have to tell him some day in some way.

"You dreamed about the past. And as for him dieing, well... He's still alive. Just far away." Danny smiled as Scarlet lied, not wanting to tell him about there fathers death, even though he deserved to know the truth.

"I know that silly!" He laughed, running over to her and jumping into her lap. "He's just been gone for so long, and with Mommy in Japan, its like we're alone." Scarlet's eyes where glued to his, the same blue eyes as his father.

Danny was only six, but looking at him and to there Dad, it was like looking at the same person in different times. It was amazing how much they resembled each other, even there attitudes where the same. Childish, yet mature. Danny's eyes where filled with pure love and innocents, how could she tell him that his roll-model was dead and destroy all that? Danny kept smiling, thinking about how there Mom would react if there Dad went to Japan to see her.

"Hey Scarlet, do you think Daddy went to go see Mom in Japan?" Scarlet laughed.

"What makes you think he's in Japan?" She questioned as Danny stood up, facing her with his arms in the air.

"Think about it CC. Daddy's been gone for a whole week! He must be in Japan!" He said as Scarlet just smiled. Ever since Danny was two and was able to speak simple words, he called Scarlet CC, only because it was simpler to say. With a smile, Scarlet stood back up and grabbed her little brother, flipping over her shoulder and heading up the stairs.

"Whoa!" Danny laughed, remembering how his Daddy would carry him up the stairs like Scarlet did, over his shoulder. "Put me down you silly goose!" Danny loved to call her silly and add something after that, but CC didn't seem to mind, in a way, she actually liked it.

Scarlet reached the top of the stairs and put him down, Danny running into his room. "Come on, come on! You have to read me a story!" He played, grabbing his sisters hand and dragging her into his room.

"Okay, okay, calm down." Scarlet laughed as Danny jumped onto his bed, holding up his favorite story of all time, 'Peter Pan Return to never land.' "I should have known I would have to read this to you." She said, grabbing the book and letting Danny sit in her lap.

"It was late one misty evening and Hook was sure that once again he'd found Peter Pans hideout. Hook and his blood thirsty crew went ashore, leaving the JollyRoger unguarded, and that's when Peter Pan arrived! He and the lost boys slipped aboard and there they found it- Hook's remarkable treasure! Peter told the Lost Boys they'd hide it and Hook would have to hunt them down to get it back! It was all a great game for Peter and the boys. And then, from out of the mist, he was there- the evil Captain Hook! A fierce and ferocious sword fight was fast underway and Peter was down for the count.

"Give up, boy!" Capten Hook had peter at sword point, but never would Peter give in, not to him.

"Never!" He shouted, using his feet to trip Captin Hook into falling off the ship.

Splash! And at that moment, a shimmering magic covered the ship. It was Tinker Bell! And the JollyRoger lifted into the sky as Peter and the boys escaped with the treasure.

"You've not seen the end of me, Peter Pan! I'll get you for this, if it's the last thing I do!" So you see, Danny, Hook will never win... not as long as there's faith, trust and pixie dust."

Danny closed his eyes and yawned, stretching his arms into the air and reaching for the sky, slowly drifting into a deep sleep.

Scarlet made her way down stairs and into the living room, picking up the letter her father wrote and began to read it again, but sadly it wasn't meant to be. A gun was forced to the back of her head, shock and surprise filling the air.

"Don't move, or I will shoot." A mans voice demanded with a deep tone, the gun cocking and ready to fire.

"Who are you?" Scarlet demanded his name, but he just laughed.

"Your new master. Now, turn around." With a smile, Scarlet nodded.

With one quick movement, Scarlets foot gashed into his rib cage, forcing him to yelp in pane.

"Your going to pay for that you little brat!" Scarlet smiled.

"Language, not very professional, dont you think?" The man stood up.

"Say your prayers princess." Scarlets eyes widened as the gun was pointed at her. With one movement of the finger, the trigger was pulled.

"No!" Scarlet screamed, shutting her eyes as tight as possible, waiting for death, the pain, and the blood, but after a while, there was nothing. Slowly, she opened her eyes, the man floating ten feet in the air and his gun floating next to him.

"What..?" Scarlets eyes where wide once again.

"P-Put me down!" He demanded as Scarlet looked at her hands, the man falling.

"How did I do that?" She thought aloud as the man stammered to his feet.

"Your a freak!" Scarlet smiled at his fear.

"Not a freak, a mutant. Now get out, before I call the cops." The man glared.

"You might have powers girl, but I take orders from no one!"

Scarlet smiled as she raised her right arm in front of her, a small red glimmer sparkling in her eyes, the man flying back and out the window, the glass shattering into a million pieces.

"Now stay out." She listened as the man ran screaming, her smile sticking to her lips. (Fades into black)
Sign up to rate and review this story