Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > X-Men Evolution: The Generation Grows

Scarlet

by ToruCMea 0 reviews

Scarlet

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-18 - Updated: 2011-01-19 - 1563 words

1Funny
Chapter 2: Rodger, Jean, and Scarlet

Scarlet sat at the kitchen table and focused on the cup of water before her, her hazel brown eyes squinting tightly. "Come on you stupid cup, move!" She demanded, but nothing was to come her way, not even a shake. "Who am I kidding, like I would have any real power." Scarlet stood up and made her way out the door, headed to school.

"Bye Danny!" She shouted to the second floor to see her little brother standing on the balcony, waving at her happily.

"Bye Scarlet! Have fun at school!" Danny turned around and ran inside, a smile crossing his lips.

Scarlet began to walk down the side walk with an apple in her hand, already chewing. "Yo, Scar, wait up!"

Scarlet stopped and turned around to see one of her best friends running her way, a teenage boy with curly brown hair and pale blue eyes. "Hey Rodger! Whats up?" Rodger stopped and began to breath heavily, his hands on his knees.

"Well thats just the thing, no one knows." Scarlet raised an eye brow.

"Rodger, what are you talking about?" Scarlet questioned with curios words, her best friend standing up and looking nervous.

"You haven't heard?" He asked, slightly shocked.

"Heard what?" Scarlet couldn't help but feel curious, besides, she was usually the one to give the news instead of receive it.

"About last night." Scarlet crossed her arms.

"What about last night?" She finally stated with an irritated tone.

"Okay okay, chill lady, jeez." He said sarcastically, Scarlet glaring at him.

"Just tell me, please! The curiosity is killing me!" Rodger smiled, finally getting her to over react.

"Alright, alright, calm down. Last night there was this sicko going around raping and killing girls. When he went for his last kill, he ran screaming and begging the police to arrest him. When they asked why, he explained everything and how he killed the women, but heres the creepy part." Scarlets mouth dropped.

"Theres more?" Rodger nodded.

"He went to a house with a teenage girl inside, around 16, like you. He claims that she had powers to lift him into the air and throw him out the window. And lastly, it was on your street. A two story, like yours. Theres only three houses on your street with two stories, so the police are going to be spying on the kids who live there. So thats you, Amy, and Serie."

Scarlets mouth dropped. "Your kidding... They dont actually believe that, do they?" Rodger shrugged.

"Who knows, but I bet its the one across from you, Amy. She's always been evil." Scarlet looked down, sad and scared.

"Well... Why would they care if she had powers? Wouldn't that be a good thing? People always wanted a hero, right?" Rodger laughed.

"Your kidding, right?" Rodger laughed as Scarlet just sighed.

"Rodger, that girl is me!" Scarlet looked up at him sadly as his eyes widened, the screen fading into black.

Scarlet and Rodger walked into her house, locking all the doors and closing all the blinds, every thing going dark.

"Scarlet..." Rodger looked down at her, crossing his arms.

"Please Rodger, dont start. Not with me, not now..." Scarlet sat down and pulled her knees to her chest, holding back hurt tears.

"We have to do something about this. We need to tell your Dad." Scarlet looked away.

"We can't." Scarlet whispered in a hush tone as Rodger sat next to her.

"We have to. He's the only one who will under stand." Scarlet hid her face.

"No Rodger, I mean we can't. Its impossible." Rodgers mouth dropped, suddenly realizing what she meant.

"You mean he's-" Scarlet cut him off. "Yes Rodger, he's dead. He died a week ago."

Rodger didn't know what to say, he was stunned. "How?" Scarlet bit her lip, trying to forget the letter, but she couldn't.

"He had a heart attack while driving. The doctors said if he would have had the heart attack away from the car, he would have lived. But he didn't, so now, he's dead." Scarlet stood up and looked at the window, using her fingers to part the blind.

"Their watching us, aren't they?" Scarlet nodded. "Can you see them?" Scarlet looked closer.

"Ones a man in his 30's, brown hair, and sun glasses. The other is a woman who is also in her 30's, long red hair, and bright green eyes." Rodger stood up.

"Can they see you?" Scarlet looked closely.

"I see them watching the house, but I dont think they can see me." She explained as Rodger smiled.

"Good." Scarlet turned around to see if he was okay, but instead, she saw a woman with blue skin, and a knife in her hand.

Quickly, she jumped on her, covering her mouth and pinning her to the wall, the knife jabbing into her stomach, and everything going black.

Scarlet slowly opened her eyes, a bright light flashing before her, but not the light of death, the light of a flash light. After a while, her vision came to focus, the woman from before standing over her, the woman with long red hair bright green eyes.

"Good morning." She smiled nicely, Scarlet suddenly jumping and sitting up.

"What, where am I?" Scarlet suddenly stopped and bent over in pain, her stomach bandaged in gozz.

"I think you should lay back down Scarlet. When you do, I'll explain everything." Scarlet looked at her with shock, her hand forcing her to lay down.

"You... Know my name?" The woman just smiled.

"Of course. I'm Jean Grey by the way, and I'm a mutant, like you." Scarlets eyes widened.

"I'm a... Mutant?" Jean nodded.

"Your an amazing potential too. You have great power that is recreated by emotion, like me. You have amazing powers. The powers of telekinesis, telepathy, and much, much more." Scarlet raised an eye brow.

"Telepathy?" Jean smiled and sat down on the side her bed, placing a hand on her four-head.

"You should get some rest." Scarlet shook her head.

"No! This doesn't make any since! I need to get home, I need to protect my little brother!" Scarlet tried getting up, but Jean wouldn't allow it.

"Wait, its okay. Danny's safe. He's here with you, in the mansion." Scarlet pushed her way and jumped out of bed, running out the door, screaming her little brothers name.

"Danny!" - "Scarlet?"

Scarlet stopped and looked around, Jean turning the corner and running after her. "Scarlet, please wait! He's okay!"

"Shut up! I'm not going to believe you until he's in my arms! Now where is he!" Jean stopped and nodded.

"He's in the Danger Room, but its not what you think." Scarlets eyes widened.

"You put him in a Danger Room!" Jean sighed.

"No, its okay, he's just training, I promise." Scarlet glared.

"Training for what?" Jean sighed.

"To control his powers, like you." Scarlets mouth dropped.

"What powers!" Jean stepped forward, causing scarlet to move a step back.

"He can walk through walls, like Kitty, my friend. He's a great kid and I promise he's in no real danger, just a hologram." Scarlet stopped and began to think, staring Jean in the eyes.

"Take me to him, now." Jean nodded and began to walk down the hall, Scarlet fallowing cautiously.

Finally, Jean stopped, showing her a large medal door. "He's in here, but he's safe. He's having fun, I can since it." Scarlet walked forward.

"Let me in." Jean sighed and let her pass, knowing that it was useless to argue.

Scarlet and Jean ran in to see Danny running through metal walls and robots, a bunch of other kids surrounding him, helping him. Scarlets mouth dropped.

"See. He's fine, he's having fun." Scarlet was silent.

"He's -" Jean smiled.

"He's a mutant, just like you and I. And a good one at that." Scarlet smiled.

"Are there others?" Jean nodded.

"Yup. This whole mansion is for people like us, mutants. People who have no where to go, people who need a place to stay. Like you." Jean loved to see her smile, knowing that she would have to build her trust, but also knew, she was worth it.

"Come on, let me show you your room." Scarlet looked up at her with confusion, Jeans smile starting to actually feel warming.

"You'll see." Scarlet fallowed Jean to the third floor, walking down a hall of at least 10 rooms, five on each side. Each floor had at least 20 rooms and 10 bathrooms, and a closet for each one.

"This place is amazing." Scarlet complemented with a smile as jean nodded.

"I know. Professor Xavier would have been proud to see it grow." Scarlet looked up to see her looked up at the ceiling, Scarlet frowning.

"Was he your Dad?" She asked was tone that Jean under stood, a tone of sadness.

"In a way." Jean finally stopped, facing her. "Your Dad died too, didn't he?" Scarlet nodded, her eyes watering. "I called your Mom. I told her that you have been excepted into a school for the gifted, but don't worry, she doesn't know your secret." Scarlet smiled. "Your welcome to stay here, if you want."

Scarlet looked away, thinking. "I dont know..." Jean sighed.

"Well, if you change your mind, let me know." Scarlet smiled as jean opened a door, the door to her knew room.
Sign up to rate and review this story