Categories > Movies > Shrek > I'm So Lost

How Could You Throw Her Away

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Fiona brought Dae to her real home...

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-01-30 - Updated: 2011-01-31 - 666 words

0Unrated
"Mommy!" she whispered in her sleep.
"I'm here, honey." she touched Dae's hand.
She woke up to the warm touch and looked around the room, "Where am I?"
"You're home." she said taking Dae's right hand into both of hers.
"But, this doesn't looke like the orphanage."
She flinched at that remark because she knew, on the other side of the door, he was listening. She stood up, "Hold on. Stay here. I'll be just a moment." She walked out of the room, into the hallway and closed the door. She turned around and gasped.
"An orphanage?!? Really?! How could you, just, just, throw her away like that?! Can you please tell me why you didn't want her? Because I did!...Why didn't you?"
"But, I didn't think you'd want her-"
"That's just it, Fiona. You don't ever fucking think! And when you do, you only think about yourself!"
His words striked her like arrows of razor blades shot from every direction. "No, Shrek! I do think about everyone else! Especially you!" He turned and took a couple stpes down the hallway. She grabbed his arm, "Don't leave! Please, that's the last thing I want you to do." she cried.
He turned to her, "I won't leave," Fiona felt relief for a brief moment, "on one condition."
"S-Sure. Anything."
He grabbed her shoulders, "This is the last child you keep from me."
Her eyes widened, she felt her lip quiver and thought, Maybe that's why he's hardly looked at me, or even touched me at that, is because...he knew. "Alright. Fine...." he hugged her and closed his eyes. She layed her head against his chest, "Could you at least go in and talk to her, with me?"
He opened his eyes and looked down at her, she didn't look back. He placed his left hand on the back of her head and sighed, "Alright." He saw her give off a faint smile, "Actually, I think I have a better idea."
-
The three were outside walking on a trail, in the forest, that Shrek and Fiona made when they were younger. Dae was trying to catch a caramel brown bunny that wouldn't leave the trail til she caught it. While, Shrek and Fiona stayed a few feet behind her, walking, side-by-side. Fiona wanted so much to hold Shrek's hand, but wondered if he'd even want to touch her anymore. She didn't think he'd even want to look at her anymore, for that matter. Unconsciously, she looked down at his left hand, and didn't notice that he looked down at her when he saw her slightest eye movement. She quickly looked back at her own hands as she clasped them together. Shrek saw this familiar expression on her face, as if he'd seen it when they were little. The expression of thinking she'd always be...lonely.
He got closer. His left hand slowly glided across her lower back - which sent her heart racing as she looked up at him - then placed it on her hip. And took her right hand with his. Then he leaned over and whispered in her ear, "I love you."
She giggled, "Shrek! That tickles!"
"I know. You needed to smile."
They looked at each other, "Thank you, honey. I love you, too."
Shrek kissed the top of Fiona's head, where her tiara used to sit. He then went behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist, picked her up and swung her around, just like when they were teenagers.
Dae caught the bunny and picked it up. She heard Shrek and Fiona laughing, so she turned around to see what was so funny. She saw Shrek with Fiona in his arms, spinning her around. He gave one last swing around, and Fiona's braid came undone. They look like such little kids. Dae thought to herself. Could they really be my parents?........Very...possible. I actually, hope, it's true...If there is a god, please let them be my parents.
Sign up to rate and review this story