Categories > Movies > Shrek > I'm So Lost

Can't You See

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Dae snuck out...

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-02-04 - Updated: 2011-02-05 - 712 words

0Unrated
Good. They're asleep. Dae thought to herself as she pulled her head back out from Shrek and Fiona's room. She quietly closed their door and walked back to her room. Once there, she went to her window, quickly jumped out, and softly landed. Trying hard to not make an awakeable noise, she ran from the swamp. She ran for about thirty minutes or so, and stopped. She stood in front of the lake. Shrek and Fiona's lake. "Wow." she said to herself, as if complimenting it.
"I know."
Dae heard a voice. She gasped and turned around. A boy was standing in the shadows. "Wh-Who are you?" she put her hands up as if to defend herself. "Come out!"
"Beautiful."
"Pardon?!"
"The lake. Beautiful, is it not?" he motioned to the lake.
She glanced back at the lake then turned her head back to him. "I said to come out!"
"I don't want to."
"Why not?!" He didn't answer. "I don't care if you want to or not!! I demand you to come out!"
"Alright, alright. Fine." He slowly stepped out into the moonlight.
Dae gasped and her eyes widened. "You-You're an...ogre."
"Ha. You sound stunned. Surely, I can't be the only one you've seen."
"Just because I'm...I'm...forget it! No, you're not the only one I've seen!"
He walked closer to her, "I'm not going to hurt you. You can put your hands down."
"I-I don't trust you! Get away!"
He gentley grabbed her wrists and she felt herself let go.
She noticed how brown his eyes were. "Quit staring into my eyes!!" she panicked as she closed her eyes and yanked her head to her right.
With his left hand, he reached up and touched her face. "Why?"
She felt his hand and left go again as her head moved with his hand, and looked back up into his eyes. She shut her eyes again, "Cut it out!! I don't want you to see what's in my eyes!"
"Then why do you keep looking into mine?...I've already glanced into your eyes. And I see sadness, hurt and pain...with just a hint of happiness."
She gasped again as he hugged her.
He closed his eyes, "You're the most beautiful human I've ever seen."
Oh no! He thinks I'm only human! Maybe I should tell him. No. I can't. I have to!...Alright...here we go. Dae waited in his arms as she built up the courage to tell him. "I-I'm not just human," he opened his eyes and held her out enough to see her face, she looked up, "I'm also...ogre."
"When?"
"One day, I'm human. And then ogre the next. It switches back and...forth."
"So, tomorrow, you'll be, and ogre."
She gave an invisible nod.
-
Dae and the boy we're sitting and talking on the bank of the lake. "If you had a kid, what would you name it?" the boy giggled.
"It depeneds. Boy or girl. But, if I had a kid, I'd really want a boy..."
The boy looked over at her as she, herself, was looking up at the sky which seemed to be getting brighter.
"Oh no!" She quickly got to her feet, "I've really got to go! I'm sorry." she panicked.
He stood, "It's okay. I understand. You've got to make it back before your parents wake up."
"Can I see you tonight, then?"
He held out his hand, "Of course. Same spot?"
She ignored his hand and threw herself at him and hugged him. She slowly pulled her head away to look at him, "Most definitely."
They're eyes connected, she leaned in to kiss him, "Whoa." He put his green finger on her pink lips, "I don't think that's a good idea." She stared at him for a few more seconds, "Go home, now. Before you don't make it." He leaned down to her ear and whispered, "I'll right here waiting."
Her eyes slightly widened as she gentley pulled away. "Go." She nodded. She turned around and ran, at full speed, back home.
-
She climbed in through her window, quickly kicked off her shoes and quietly got into bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell fast asleep...for only a few hours.
Sign up to rate and review this story