Categories > Original > Romance > Ichor and Candlelight, a Mortal Instruments Romance

Chapter Two

by MCRmygirl 2 reviews

"That's what you said last time."

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-01-31 - Updated: 2011-01-31 - 1615 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter Two

“Alec? Alec, wake up. ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD!”

I opened my eyes, squinting into the bright lights that shone down on me. When my eyes adjusted, I instantly recognized the familiar face looming over me.

Black hair, tipped with blue, hung down to their shoulders, having obviously abandoned the usual spikes for the time being. Green cat eyes looked down at me in exasperation. The sharp teeth of a warlock were pulled into a shining smile. It was him. Magnus.

“Only you,” he grinned, “can manage to kill a Ravager Demon and get taken down by slipping in ichor. I swear, Alexander, sometimes I think you’re TRYING to scare the heck out of me. When Jace dragged you in here covered in demon blood, I thought you had gotten yourself killed! One of these days you’re going to get seriously hurt, and then I-“

“Magnus!” I laughed, cutting him off. “Okay, you’ve made your point. I’ll be more careful!”

His smile turned into a thoughtful frown. “That’s what you said last time,” he reminded me, folding his arms over his chest.

“I’ll try to mean it this time,” I countered, trying to sit up. The room began to sway, and my head involuntarily hit the pillow once again. Magnus immediately came to sit beside where I lay.

“You have a concussion. If I’m feeling generous, you’ll be better by morning. However, I think I’ll be selfish and keep you here for a few days, all to myself.” He smiled a devious smile and kissed my forehead. I froze. This was the first sign of affection that Magnus had shown me besides innocent flirting, and he caught me off guard. He smiled wider at my shocked look and stood up, walking to the door of his apartment.

“Isabelle is going to skin me alive if I don’t let her see you, so brace yourself,” he warned, unlatching the door.

The door slammed open, and there stood Izzy in all her glory, golden whip around her wrist and long hair flowing down her back. She shot a glare at Magnus for keeping her out and tackled me with a hug.

“My god, Alec, you’re all right!” she exclaimed, squeezing me tightly. “Bane over there wouldn’t tell me how you were, just that I could see you later. I’ve been waiting outside for hours with no word. What happened?” she demanded, looking at me worriedly.

“Jace and I disposed of the Ravagers easily enough, but on the way back I slipped in ichor. Jace carried me here. I’ve got a concussion, and-”

“SEVERE concussion,” Magnus noted from the doorway.

“SEVERE concussion, and I’ll be fine in a couple of days. No need to worry, Izzy,” I explained, giving Isabelle one last hug and releasing her, She sighed and looked up at Magnus, who was watching us from the doorway.

“Well, Magnus Bane, thank you for fixing my brother. Can he come home now?”

“I need to keep and eye on him for a couple of days to make sure his recklessness and stupidity don’t get in the way of his healing. We don’t need him to lose any more brain cells than he already has,” Magnus replied, a playful gleam in his eye.

“Can we at least bring him to the Institute?” Izzy asked as if I wasn’t there.

“I would, but I know how Maryse is about downworlders at the Institute. I’m not welcome there. However, I will take good care of Alec. He’s in good hands.” With that, Magnus gestured towards the still open door. “Thank you for stopping in, Isabelle. Please give my regards to Simon, if you see him. Let him know to call me if he has any trouble adjusting to downworlder life. Good evening.”

Isabelle gave me a peck on the cheek and glided out the door. Magnus quickly latched the door and turned to face me.

“Now, Alexander, to relieve you of your pain,” he exclaimed in an overly dramatic way. He snapped his fingers, causing blue sparks to shower down, and the throbbing in my temple disappeared. I was astounded.

“Wait, you… that was…”

Magnus smiled, his sharp teeth showing.

“Well, I had to make sure that Isabelle actually thought you were sick. And I said you’d be better by morning, and you are. And you really did have a severe concussion, which I relieved you from, all free of charge. The least you could do is keep me company for a couple of days,” he said, the look in his eyes partially sad and partially enthusiastic.

I sat up, mulling it over in my head. “I guess so,” I agreed. Actually, despite my mind screaming at me to not get caught, I was excited. I was going to be staying in the home of an extremely gorgeous, totally available, and completely gay man, who I cared about deeply, for three days. Alone. With no distractions. I smiled broadly, looking up into Magnus’s deep green cat eyes. Magnus smiled back, sending giddy shivers down my spine.

“We are going to have a FABULOUS time these next few days. But for right now, I think we should get to bed. It’s two in the morning, and you should be sleeping. Follow me.”

Magnus led the way to his bedroom, which had beautiful silver walls that reflected the light of the witchlight lamp. He began to rifle through his closet, and tossed me a pair of pajamas.

“Here you go. I would just sleep in your boxers, though, if I were you. It gets really hot in here at night. It’s much more comfortable that way.” I nodded, and draped the blue silk pajamas over the edge of the dresser. When I looked up again, Magnus was busy taking off his shirt. I froze for the second time that night. I had seen him in tight shirts, so I knew that he was toned. But that was nothing compared to the utter perfection that now stood before me.

Magnus was wearing simple skinny jeans, and no shirt. His chest was pure muscle, and his skin was a beautiful tone. I was staring, I could tell. I was practically drooling over this man. Magnus had always seemed gorgeous to me, and now I realized just HOW gorgeous. He was magnificent.

I was positive that Magnus could see me salivating, and my thoughts were confirmed when Magnus straightened up and asked, “You see something you like?”

I nodded unsurely, still staring. How I longed to run my hands over him, to touch that flawless skin…

He smiled wide. “Alec, if you want me, I’m yours.”

I was shocked. He- he actually liked me? He- oh my god. Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. This couldn’t be happening. I felt myself blush deeply, and I looked at my shoes. I finally got up the nerve to speak.

“Magnus, I do want you. More than you could believe. But what will the others say? What about my mother? I’m the first gay Shadowhunter in history. She’d disown me if she knew.”

“That’s why she’d never find out,” he whispered, taking a step closer to me and bringing his lips to mine, first softly, then stronger. I curled close to him, and he wrapped his arm around my waist, drawing me close. I trembled with nerves, excitement, and with the pure effort of not grabbing Magnus and throwing him to the bed.

We broke away, and Magnus was smiling again. “We should get to bed,” he whispered, looking at my clothed form. I turned away, to hide myself more than anything else. I was still embarrassed to share a bed with him, even though I loved him so much. Love? Is that what I was feeling? There wasn’t a doubt in my mind. I loved him. I had since that first day at his party, and I still did.

I turned back around, and Magnus was standing in his boxers, as was I. I could feel my body reacting to his nearly-naked form, and I could see that he could sense it. I blushed again and climbed into the bed, trying to hide myself. I wasn’t beautiful like Magnus or sexy like Jace or even nerdy like Simon. I was the screw-up, the wuss, the bait. I always would be. Magnus would never want me- this scrawny little boy.

I felt Magnus slide under the covers. We lay next to each other, not moving, for what seemed like an awkward lifetime, before I felt something that shocked me considerably- Magnus had wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me close, tucking my backside against his front and snuggling his head into my shoulder. I felt faint with disbelief.

“There’s nothing to be embarrassed about, Alec,” Magnus assured me as he held me tight. “Absolutely nothing. I love you the way you are. I love you for the amazing person you are. You are beautiful and adorable and sexy all in one. You’re perfect enough for me.”

I gave in then, his words and his touch overloading my senses, and I completely surrendered to him, curling up as close to him as I could get, feeling his skin, his warmth. I sighed shakily, and fell asleep in Magnus’s arms.

Okay, I know this story has just taken off, but I would LOVE some reviews. Any ideas about where it might be going? Eh? PLEASE!? Free tickets to any concert of your choosing to the one who reviews first? ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story