Categories > Original > Romance > From Orphan To Princess

24 grand

by jadesohma 0 reviews

la

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-31 - Updated: 2011-02-01 - 1005 words

1Illiterate
After my long chat with Isabella, I go back to my room. I slip on my silky night gown And went to the crisp night air on the balcony to look at the stary night.

I climb on the railing. It was thick enough to sit on without the fear of falling. It was so beautiful, like something right out of a painting.

"Why don't you look down here rose girl!" Called someone down below. I look down at Miles. He smiles. "Would you like to come down?"

"No, I have to sleep." I say, not moving from my spot.

"Then why haven't you done so already?" He asks.

"Because I'm watching the stars, is that not obvious?"

"I thought you said you needed sleep?" He asks, clearly confused.

"I do, after I watch the stars, they're pretty tonight." I laugh.

"Then why don't you come down and fill your star watching time with me?" He smiles.

"If I go with you, I don't know if i'll ever be back. Here, I can just go in." I say looking into his eyes.

"Why don't I come up there then?" Before I could say a word, he was already half way up. He climbed uo faster than I would have. When his feet were firmly on the ground, he lifts me off the edge and held onto my hands. His face shadowed by the moon light. He really is handsome.

"I-I have to go in, I'm a bit chilly." I say, slipping my hands away and pretend to rub my arms. Sure enough, he follows me inside.

"Don't you need permission to enter a lady's room?" I enquire.

"Not if I'm in love with the lady that resides in it." He says smoothly, placing his hand on my waist. I quickly move away from it and go to my bed.

It was soft and warm, just adding to my sleepyness. With my back still turned, I feel a hand gently pushing on my side. Then a kiss to my cheek.

"Good night, princess."
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I open my eyes to the room I fell alseep in, it wasn't just a night mare. It was real, and so was last night.

I hear a knock at the door. I go to get, Thomas had the sliver tray in his hand. He goes over to the small table and leaves it. A look around before soeaking. "And no Madeline in sight, thank god." He exhails, sinking onto the other sofa.

"Do you hate your cusin that much?" I ask him, eatting my freanch toast.

"I don't hate her, I love her. She just makes me feel like a fool." He moans.

"What me to talk to her for you?" I fishish off the food.

His eyes light up. "Would you?! Oh thank you! I'll take this tray and leave you be." And so he did.

I think about what I just promised. Madeline will probably laugh in my face, but i'll do it anyway. I always stand by my promises! That reminds me... I have an old promise I need to keep.

I dress in my blue dress for a little sense of comfort in a strange world. Then I start twords the sun room I saw on the way to the dinning room last night.

Three of the four walls were windows and checkered tiles. In the middle of the room was a 24 grand piano. I traced my fingers along the side until I reached the keys. I sit down on the bench and start with scales.

Then Ludwig van Beethoven's symphony No. 1, my favorite. I start to play from memory. I kept missing one note. It sounds flat but when I go sharp it just doesn't fit!

"It's E flat."

I look up. Miles was on the 24 grand. He smiles, I raise a brow. He nods. I try it, finally! It works and sound amazing. I just keep slipping up. I know the notes, I just don't have a steady hand, I never did.

"Here, let me show you." Miles says, taking the seat next to me and playing a small bit. "Now you try those 20 measures."

I take a deep breath and begin to play. My hands shake and hit wrong keys. I groan. "Don't worry, just follow my lead." He says softly, intertwining our arms together, and pulling my body to his. "Play." He whispers to me.

I start to play. My hands still shake, but made steady by his. Their soft and gental touch helped and I think he was playing as well. The song played through without any difficulties.

"Do you want to play another song?" He whispers.

I nod.

"How about Beethoven's 14th?" I nod again and we start to play. I use to sing this to Anneliese when she woke up in the middle of the night. This song stays in my head. The music is so pretty.

"You love music, don't you? Your need for the tune was crushed when you found there was no piano, even though Johnathan would have given you, and only you, anything you wanted. Yet you chose not to ask. Why wait this long for the slightest taste of your music need?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"I didn't want to be a burden. When I first came, there were 41 kid there. I didn't want to be a brat and ask for too much. I didn't think it was right." I say, trying not to cry from the years lacking my favorite thing.

"It's alright. Now you have all the time in the world to fill your ears with the wonderful sound of the 24 grand."He says, waiting for me to turn my head and fall into his deep trance. It worked. In a matter of seconds i'm in his green eyed trance. I don't really mind it. It makes me happy, is that bad?
---
So how'd you like? I love this chapter with all my heart. Even though I did too much research!
Sign up to rate and review this story