Categories > Original > Romance > From Orphan To Princess

Russian Bellet

by jadesohma 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-20 - Updated: 2011-02-21 - 2428 words

2Exciting
Okay this is chapter 5! Yay!
Six days went by quickly, seeing as I can't leave the damn house. Today, however, everyone is making a huge deal over Miles' birthday because he's done "So much for the family" How can someone do in 17 years?

"Why is there a huge party for Miles?" I ask Madeline as she does my hair. "And why must I have to be there?"

"I told you already! He's done so much for the family! The least we can do is give him a party! And you have to come because your part of the family now." She says finishing my hair. "You want me to get a dress from your closet?"

"Yes, If you don't mind."

"No problem. I'm doing this job better than Kirsten. She's suppose to do this but she ran away last night with James, the gardener's son." Madeline said from the closet. "This one! It's perfect!"

She comes running out with a turquoise dress. The straps drap over the low shoulders. It was light with lace over the low cut. It was crisp and new. "O-Okay..." I stammer.

"Here, take them and i'll go find jewelry." She says, skiping into my closet

I step into the big dress and pull it up. I fix the top and slip into the matching heels. Madeline came out a with small opal necklace in the shape of a tear drop and pearl earrings.

"You look so pretty!Okay so can I borrow your long purple dress? I really have nothing to wear and and-"

"Madeline, it's fine. Take whatever you want from my closet. She squealed in joy and ran into the other room. In few short minutes filled with me playing with my pesky bangs, Madeline came out in the long purple dress. The skirt came out right at the waist, with a small beeded starlike patern coming down it. The dress would be overly long on me, but fits Madeline so well.

"You look gorgeous!" I giggle.

"Thank-"

"Are you coming girls? Your missing the party!" Isabella peeked her head through the door. We both laugh and go to the door.

I take a deep breath, opening the door. Madeline follows me to the stairs to look at all the people who have come. "The ball rooms this way." Madeline lead me to a grand door way and disappeared into it. I have to take another deep breath before I could bring myself to open the doors and go in my self.

The people down below were dancing and schmoozing. They all looked so elegant and dainty, I feel like an outsider in this world of gilter and jewls.

"Come down, Jenna." Isabella called from the very first step, she was urging me to come down with her. I nod and put a mall smile down.

After I said hello to her, she started to introducing me to Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Dukes, Duchess', Lords and Ladies. It took forever and was very dull seeing how most of them were old and annoying.

When I was finally free, I went to a corner and sank into the single chair. I close my eyes to drown out the talking, clanking, and other things that make my head throb to listen to the music.

"Hello, beautiful girl." I hear. When I open my eyes, Miles is standing over me.

"Hello birthday boy." I say. "Don't you have a Duke to chat with or a princess to caress?" I ask wishing he would leave me be this once.

"I've already delt with all the Dukes, Kings, and Lords, and the only princess I am willing to caress is you." He smiles.

I laughs, even with alittle snort. "I am no princess. I don't belong here. It was just chances sick sense of humor."

"Far from it. Now, would you like to dance, princess?" He says, sticking his hand out for me.

I sigh.

"Your lucky it's your birthday." I say taking his hand as he leads me into the middle of the dance floor.

He smirks. "Something tells me you would take my hand even if it wasn't my birthday." He whispers right before we start to dance.

The song was fast and up lifting. We moved swiftly. Now we are the only ones on the floor dancing. We are the soul center of attention. Everyone stoped to watch the birthday boy and his unknown love dance in the center. Whispers were sent out amongst the crowd. Some of wonder: "Who is that beautiful maiden?" Or some of jealousy: "Why her? Why not I?" Some of amazment that don't even qualify as words.

I try not to look at him. If I do I would run into someone or something. Sadly, whenI look at one place too long, my vision go's a blur. I lift my gaze and there were his eyes, waiting for mine so they can meet. It wasn't until we stoped when I came out of that trance.

"Your a beautiful dancer. Have you ever been tought?" He whispers as people clap for us.

"My father and I... We use to dance together... He said he was just preparing me for all the balls I'd be wished to attend." I said remembering that day. His untidy hair in his eyes as he laughs at the thing that worries him most.

"He tought you well." He smiles. "Are you ready to dance again?" I shrug, not caring at this point, knowing he'll do what he wants.

He turns me to him, taking my waist and my hand. This song was slower, but he didn't care. He kept dancing the way he wanted. "Having fun yet? He asks as we spin all over the dance floor." I just look up at him. I don't know how to answer. Was I having fun?

"I'll take that as a yes." He laughs, I sigh and keep dancing. He is a very good dancer. He started my night, not Isabella. She made it slow and boring.

"Care to dance again? They're demanding an encore." He whispers. I nod, he takes my hand again. We are the center of attention again and a light came down on us. The music started, it was a slow song. We got closer to dance to the music. I placed my head on his shoulder to rest.

"May I have my birthday present now?" I lift my head to look at him,.

"I didn't get you anything. You might want to check with Isabella." I say. Why would I have his present?

He laughs. "I rather not get it from her. What I deisre most is something only you can give me, if you want to get down to detail."

"You've gotten me. I have not a clue about what your talking about." I say flatly, feeling stupid.

"I'll give you the night to think. Once the nights up, I'll take my gift." He smiles.


No one told me thinking and dancing don't fit together. I steped on Miles toes five times before I figured out why. I can think of that...

"What if I don't figure oit out, what then?" I ask him.

"I can take it. Even if you don't relize it. You will after you give it to me." Anotther smile played at his lips.

"Now I am scared." I say, eyeing him.

"You shouldn't be. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I will." He says pulling me closer, if possible, to him.

I begin to pull away. "Just give me the night."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Midnight, I was out on the balcony in the ball room. You would not believe how many balconys are in this place! I looked up at the stars and the full moon. The moon is what my calendar is based on, I try to capture it's beautiy along with it's power.

"Do you have my gift yet?" Miles asked me from behind.

"I haven't figured it out yet. And isn't it a little late for a birthday gift? It's the 8th now." I say, turning to face him.

"I'll take a late one."

"So what is this gift you so souly desire?" I ask. He pulls me to him, kissing my lightly. I don't kiss back in fear of reection. It was long and sweet. Even when he pulls away, he holds me tight.

"See, I told you you would enjoy it." He whispers.

I look up at him and he smiles, letting go. Well, more of him disappearing. All I relize is that he's gone and I have a red rose in my hand.




Split chapters, end of 5



A dark hall way leading to a single red door, I walk towards it. It seems the hall get's longer as I get closer. When I get to a certain point, it feel weird, unnatural. As if somethings sucking me in. Bringing me closer and closer to something that will harm me

I shoot up in my bed, sweating, looking around, hopfuly finding my old, comfortable room. Instead I find the exquisite room I fell alseep in. A storm was brewing outside, flashes blinding and sound ringing. I waited, for small Anneliese to come in and crawl into my bed. She never came. I feel empty and scared. Eventally, I cried myself to sleep.



I wake up again from the same dream. This time it was at a good hour. I stumble to the my closet. I the door way and catch my breath, closing my eyes. Only for a second though, so I don't dream again.

I move, shaking, to the green dress I had planed to wear. I slip it on and go to a chair, where I regain my energy. When I feel like myself again, I look to the clock. 12:31, it read, I moan. I've waisted half the day.

Seeing how the morning was behind me, I deside to go to my tree. I take my usual rout. Getting to the tree, I see a towel. I look at it then throw it aside. I lay my back against the tree and gaze out into the still lake.

A splash broke my gaze. Miles poped out of the still lake. He pushes his blaonde hair out of his face, and exposed his bare chest. He smiles. "Care to join me?" He asks.

"No,I don't have a swim suit." I tell him, not taking my eyes off of his chest.

"Nor do I." He says, moving closer to t he shore. I scream and throw the towel at him. He just laughs. "Why are you so afraid of being with me?"

"Because....Just because!" I stammer, blushing madly.

"Come on, I need a reason. I need a reason why I can't be with you."He says, coming up on shore, covering him self, Thank god!!!

"Because... I-It doesn't seem right."

"Lies." He picks me up to my feet.

"It's not the way you think, I think being with you would be wrong." I mumble as I hid my face from him.

"How so?" He questions.

"Like theres a rule. That makes it not feel right. Like if we're together there will be corruption in the family."

He looks at me. His gaze a mixture on anger and worry. Anger finally took over. "I have to talk to some one, pardon." He said, leaving me there confused.

I try to take my mind off it but it was impossible! I couldn't stop thinking of his sweet fash flushing with anger. It was ver hard to grasp.

_______________________________________________________________________

"Miles?! Angry?! When?!" Madeline freaked.

"When I said something about there being a rule keeping us part." I say.

Her eyes grew wide and her nerves took hold of her. "What could possbily keep you two apart? What rule? Why would that be?" She stammerd.

"Why is every body shaky about the subject? It's just a feeling. It's not like there is, that would be absurd!" I rant.

"Yeah, absurd..." She trails in a scared dreamy voice.

"Whats wrong?" I ask as she looks to the ground.

"Nothing! Everythings fine!" She says quickly, nodding her head.

"Um, okay. So did you have fun yesterday?" I ask, getting off the subject.

"Amazing! I was so close to talking to William! My nerves got to me though. Oh! I got to go, I don;t want to get yelled at... again. Bye!"

When she was gone, I peeked my head outside my door. Creeping out into the hall way. I just walk the halls until I hear shoutting from the master bedroom.

"What did you tell her?!" A voice screamed.

"I told her nothing! But I will!" Another voice returned.

Next thing I knew I see Miles stroming out of the door. He glared at me, his glare softened, then turned away to walk down the hall. Robert stood inside, his face red with anger.

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"Jenna I-"

"Tell me what?!" I yell.

When he didn't answer, I left. I grabed some music from my room and went to the sun room. This is the best way to blow off steam...music can open worlds...

Percely's 18th is my choice, beautiful yet stress relieving.

I look up for the music, yet end up seeing Miles. "I'm not talking to you." I inform him while playing.

"And why not?" He asks.

"Because you don't tell me anything. Will you?" I look up at him.

He sighs, sitting down next to me and playing along. He looks into my eyes. "Now is not the time. When it is time, I shall speak up. But that is not why I have come down here. I have come to ask you to The Russian Ballet."

"I've only seen one ballet in my life! Of course i'll go!" I smile like a small child.

"Then it's set, come december, the Russian Ballet."

"Who will escort me?"

"I, of course. Your mind games can't fool me. I am smarter than you think. This act will be soon over and act two will soon be played." He whispers.

"I play no act. This is how I feel I kid you not. Nothing has changed, so whom will be escorting me?" I smile.

He chuckels. "I shall. I don't care if I must drag you. You and I will go together. I hope you know Russian!"

"I understand alittle."

"You wont have to, love knows no language."

"Good."
---
Okay I already checked and....IT WORKS! YES!:D Thank you all!
Sign up to rate and review this story