Categories > Original > Romance > From Orphan To Princess

Jumpy

by jadesohma 0 reviews

la

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-03 - Updated: 2011-02-04 - 1855 words

1TrainWreck
It was about 9 and I was reading, before I hear a knock at the door. I go to it. Madeline stood with her blue shirt and pants pjs combo and held a huge bag of god knows what.

"Dear lord, my family would not go to sleep! I brought soo much stuff! All sugar!" She dumps all the contens of the bag on my bed.

"What?" I ask very very confused at the sudden rush of action.

"We're hanging out tonight! Now get on your pajamas! Go put on some silk ones!" She orders. I shurg at the thought having my very first friend.

I go find the pink silk shirt and pants she was talking about. By the time I got out, Madeline was already eatting. I sit across from her. She hands me a small circle, I just look at it.

"Come on, Try it! It wont kill you!" SHe says taking a handful for herself.

I do as told. I crew the hard shell only to get a taste of chocolate, the best I ever had. "Who makes these?! They're amazing!"

"My uncle. He really good. He plans to sell them. Now that you've asked me a question, I have one for you." She said, popping some into her mouth.

"Go ahead." I tell her.

"What's going on between you and Miles? You both seemed so very smitten today. You spent all day playing and latchen onto eachother." She says.

I blush. "You s-saw that?" I bow my head so I wasn't eye level.

"Saw it? Hell, the whole kichen and cleaning staff were taking shifts watching you guys, seeing if you moved! The guys took bets, Thomas won with the closest time." She laughs.

"I-I didn't see anyone." My face burning.

"That's because you looked to his eye and the key and no where else. He noticed though, he shot us looks and we moved, but always came back. He got pretty pissed. All worth it! I got a cut of Tommy's money. Do you think you can do it again tomarrow? I need some more money for a dress I've wanted, one more tie will give me enough." She says with a smile.

"No I will not! I don't even know how these things keep happening!" I shriek. Her eyes go wide, "This has happend more than once?! Tell me please!" I shrug and see no harm in it, I tell her about the carriage and the lake.

"So, do you have anyone you fancy?" I ask.

A smile lights up her face. "Theres this prince that is so beautiful! He comes here a few times a year. I've only watched him from a far and brought him fresh towels. Prince William."

"Why don't you speak to him?" I wonder.

"Because he is a prince and I'm just a maid." Her head drops.

"I don't know, stranger things have happend. For example, an orphan with no childhood gets taken to a grand palace and has the lable of princess on her back." I shrug, laying down on my bed.

"Yes, fait is funny that way."
______________________________________________________________________________________

I hear a loud thud, I shoot up from my spot. It's only Madeline though. Falling out of bed, just snoring. Now that I'm awake and can't go back to sleep, I go to the balcony. I love looking at the stars, as you already know, they're so peaceful.

"My princess, may I come up?" I look down a Miles, He smiled. Even through the dark, I can see his eye. They are full of determination to get up here.

"Madeline is in there, sleeping. I don't think it's a very good idea." I whisper.

"I'll be quiet."

"It's not a matter of being quiet, it's a matter of her waking up at any given momment." I express.

"How about just on the balcony, then?" I don't bother to get a word in, he's already up here. I turn my back to him. He takes me waist again and pulls me close to him.

"Why are you so cold? I just want to have alittle fun! Did you lose your love of fun when you had to be the adult?" He asked, gently wrapping his arms around me.

"I had no room for fun. And I don't want have your brand of fun." I try to break free of his grip, he just too strong.

"What do you think I think is fun?" He laughs.

"I don't know, and frankly, I don't want to know." I say, squirming, trying to break is hold on me, just ending up closer to him.

"What? You don't want to learn my methods of fun?"

"I don't know what they are, so no." I fail again at trying to break free.

"How about I show you some time?" He whispers.

My face burns. "I-I rather not."

He chuckels and lets go. Next, he swings his legs over the railing and from what I can see, he landed on his feet.

Still flustered, I go to my bed and to sleep, quickly.
_________________________________________Few weeks later_______________________________________

"You want to go to the market with us today?" Madeline asked. "It's the first, we have to go."

"Sure, I love the market. I need to get some new flats anyway." I brush my hair in the vanity.

"Flats?! You have 100 pairs of heels! Whatever, Jenna. Your very weird." She leaves my in my room, taking my laundry with her.

I tie my hair back with a green bow, matching my green dress. I've picked out the most normal looking dress out of my closet. If i'm going to the market, I'm going as me, not a princess.

"Isabella? May I go to the market?" I ask, stepping into Isabella's room.

"Of course you can. Just be very careful," Her soft loving tone was gone and was now filled with worry."Always stay with some one. Madeline was a good choice, please stay with here the whole time, okay?"

"Thank you!" I squeek, huging her.

"Your welcome darling. Just don't spend too much." She says, handing out a purse filled with money. "Okay!" I say quickly, running down the stairs.

Madeline was at the bottom, arms crossed, foot tapping. She wore a soft orange dress with a small wristlet on her arm. "Hury up! Chad is waiting!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming, hold the horses."

The way to the market we laughed and joked like we knew eachother forever. We're like sisters, finally some one older than me.

When we get there, I am practically pushed out of the buggy. "Come on, move it! Our supplier wont keep everything for long!"

Once we're out, we go to a small booth with a green sign on top. Madeline approached. "Do you have order 23? I hope you got my letter." She said to the man behind the stand. He noded and went to the back. He came back with flour, eggs, icing, and candles.

"Who birthday is it?" I ask Madeline, staring at the bag the an gave her.

"The 7th is Miles birthday. He's turning....17." She says, not looking at me.

"So your older than him?"

"Ha! Yeah right! Me older than- I-I mean yeah, I am. A-A few months older. Hey look at those cute sweaters!" She says quickly. We look over to a booth were an old gypsy was selling sweaters and scarfs. We bought three each.

As we walked along the path towards when we heard screams. Everyone started to run in diffrent directions, they all looked mad. When I turn to Madeline to ask if she knows anything, I was tackled to the ground with force that knocked the wind out of me. I only see the profile of Miles when I look up.

"Go behind the stand with Madeline untill I return." He said quickly, then leaving like he was never there.

I sweep the ground for Madeline until I find her under a booth, waving for me to go under with her. I crawl to her. "Why is every one running?" I ask once safly under the booth.

An arrow with flames at the tip landed just short of my hand.

"That's why." She says flatly.

"Yes, I got that." I glare at her. She shrugs at me and pulls me into the underground celler of the milk mans stand.

"What the hell is going one?!" I ask, standing inside the cold celler. "Considering most of the arrows were aimed at you-"

"Wait what?!" I yell.

"Will you shut up? Anyway, I'm guessing an assassination attempt. They probably wanted to get a message through to the Smiths, they have alot of enemies. You were lucky Miles got to you before that first arrow. It would have surely killed you." She said.

"Thank you for the kind words of of comfort." I cross my arms, sitting on a near by crate. If the arrow it's self didn't scare my enough.

"Just satting what happend. It's not my fault people want to kill you. I just work here." She shrugs.

"That helps."

Suddenly, the door above opend. I couldn't see anything but a figure in the sudden light. Madeline got up to talk to him, right after he left.

"Come on, it's safe now." She says. I look at the once peaceful market. Stands were broken, fliped over, or just gone. Clothes on the ground, mixed with food, arrows, and jewls. "What the hell happend?!"

I asked Madeline, even though I got an answer from Miles. "Hasn't Madeline already told you? I thought you told her!" He snaped at Madeline.

"I did, she just doesn't like to listen to me." She says.

Miles shakes his head. He leads us to our new carriage, seeing as the other one ran when the shouting started.

"What about our things?! I loved that purple scarff!" I say looking back.

"I'll go and get them when you in and gone." Miles says opening the door.

"Thank you." I say getting in.

"Please, don't thank me. I live to serve." He bows.

"Don't bow to me!" I squeak. Before he closed the door, he bowed, with a smile on his face.

"Ugh, he annoys me to the highest extent!" I huff going to my seat.

"Don't pull that crap." Madeline said.

"No, really. He annoys me! So up tight, then romantic? It's so annoying."I rant.

"Good point." She says. "Miles is....how to put this....weird, yeah lets go with that."

"How, he seems pretty normal to me."

She looks like shes thinking, hard. "I'm sorry, do not say a word, but it's not my place to tell you. Either him or Master Smith has to. B-But please, do not say a word and drop it, please?" She pleads.

"Alright." I say, not meaning a word of it. I plan to find out one way or another....
---
Sorry for the long skip, I just can't stand fillers:P And I really hate when storys do this, you know, giving you a hook, but I did :D sorry... and doesn't sme of those candys sound...familiar;)
Sign up to rate and review this story