Categories > Cartoons > Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy > Heat of Passion

Love is a Challenge

by Roguespirit 0 reviews

While Mandy broods over the kiss the matchmakers suddenly encounter a huge obstacle

Category: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-02-03 - Updated: 2011-02-03 - 1267 words

0Unrated
Heat of Passion Chapter 6
by ~Rogue284

Heat of Passion
Chapter 6: Love is a challenge

Mandy woke up; she’d had a much more restful night than the last. She sat up in bed, stretched and yawned. Then she realized that she had fallen asleep in her day clothes.

Sighing she went to her dresser and picked some new clothes to wear before heading to the shower.


Outside Terrence leaned against the wall, deep in thought.

“Hit Ter”, Rick greeted.

Terrence looked up and nodded in greeting, “Hello Rick.”

Rick stood beside him, “So where’s Mandy?”

Terrence tilted his head upward, “In the shower.”

Rick sighed and slumped against the wall.

Terrence listened as the water of the shower hit Mandy’s body. He sighed recalling happy memories of his own encounter in a shower with a beautiful blue eyed blonde.

“Helllloooooo”, Rick waved his hand in front of Terrence’s eyes, not an easy thing to do with his more diminutive stature.

Terrence snapped back, “Huh?”

“What were you doing?”

Terrence composed himself, “Just thinking.”

Rick rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”


Now fully dressed Mandy went downstairs for breakfast.

“Mandy”, her mother greeted, “I need to talk to you.”

Mandy sighed, “What now?”

“Your father and I are going on an important trip to “The Aurora Villa” for a little while, and we thought you might like to come.”

Mandy was about to say no but the she remembered her inner conversation last night. She could use the alone time to think and she’d always wanted to go to “The Aurora Villa” spa hotel. She nodded, “Fine.”

Her mother smiled gleefully. “Great, we’ll be leaving before supper and we’ll be back on Monday.” Then she quickly dashed off to do the laundry.

Mandy sighed and went to the kitchen to fix her own breakfast, while Rick and Terrence recited every curse they could think of.


When they felt they had run out of curses they sat down.

“This is bad”, Rick stated obviously.

Terrence nodded, “I knew things were going to well.”

Rick stood up, “We got to find a way to keep them here.”

Terrence shook his head, “We just have to keep Mandy here, it would make things easier if her parents weren’t here.”

Rick sighed, “Then how do we do that?”

Terrence got up, “we go ask the experts.” Then he dashed for Billy’s house with Rick right behind him.


Billy and Grim were eating breakfast alone since Harold was at work and Gladys was doing laundry.

Grim looked at Billy who seemed a bit off this morning. “Someting botherin ya Billy?”

Billy continued to stare into his bowl of cereal, “Just a lot on my mind.”

Suddenly Rick and Terrence burst into the kitchen. “Mandy’s leaving till before supper and won’t be back till Monday!”

“What”, Billy and Grim exclaimed!

Terrence spoke, “Her parents gave her a choice: she could stay or she could go on their trip. She’ll be gone before supper and won’t be back till Monday.

“We’ve got to stop her from leaving”, Rick said urgently.

Grim sighed, “Dat’s not goin to be easy mon. Mandy almost never changes her mind”. He sighed, “Looks like our only chance though is to try while she’s at school. And by we, I mean you Billy.”

Billy’s eyes widened, “What!”

Terrence shook his head, “We can’t enter the school Billy.”

Rick nodded, “You’re on your own.”

Billy sighed and closed his eyes. Something was strange about Mandy’s decision. She knew that Mindy would think she was running from going to the school dance without a date, unless it was the Kiss.

Billy thought back to it, she had run away, she’d been scare. Was that what was forcing her to leave. Mandy would normally never allow that. She always needed to show herself superior, always doing whatever it took to prove it.

Billy’s eyes snapped open, “That’s it!”

Everyone jumped, “What’s it?”

Billy grinned, “I have a plan.”


Mandy stepped out the door of her home and down the sidewalk. She looked up at the sky, it was a perfect morning. Clear blue sky, bright and sunny with birds singing happy melodies. ‘Which all ads up to one thing’, she thought.

“Maaaanndyyyyy.”

She sighed, “Yep.”

Billy ran up beside her, “Nice day huh Mandy?”

Anger boiled inside her, “How can he act like nothing happened, does he have any idea what I went through? She snorted, ‘what am I thinking, Billy wouldn’t know an Idea if it went up his ass and came out through his tear ducts.’

“How are you doing”, she asked gently?

Mandy blinked, “Uh, fine.”

Billy looked at her, “You don’t sound fine.”

Billy shook his head, “It’s bothering you isn’t it.”

Mandy tensed, “I don’t want to talk about it now.”

Billy grunted, “If not now when? Or do you just need the time to run away again?”

Mandy turned to him with clenched fists, “I didn’t run away.”

Billy crossed his arms, “Then why did you run off like that?”

Mandy growled in frustration and glared daggers at Billy, but he was unmoved. She grabbed his arm and dragged him away.

She brought him to a wooded area behind the school, away from prying ears.

“Why did you do it”, she asked sternly?

“What?”

“Why did you kiss me?”

“You kissed me too!”

“Answer the question”, she snapped.

Billy sighed, “I don’t know. I guess I just… kinda lost control.”

Mandy nodded.

“Like you did?”

Mandy glare at him, “I didn’t lose control!”

“Then why did YOU kiss ME?”

Mandy looked away, unable to look him in the eye.

“It’s ‘cause you’re afraid of not being in control.”

Mandy shook her head, “I’m not afraid of anything.”

Billy ignored her and continued. “That’s why you’re running away with your parents.”

Mandy blinked, ‘how did he find out?’ She crossed her arms, “I’m not running.”

Billy grinned, “You don’t think romance is for the weak, you’re just afraid of it ‘cause you can’t handle it.”

Mandy glared up at him, “I’m not afraid of anything and I can handle anything.”

Billy leaned closer, “Prove it.”

“Fine, I’ll stay here and not go with my parents.”

Billy rolled his eyes, “Like that proves anything.”

Mandy’s face flustered, “And I’ll go over to your place for dinner.”

Billy raised an eyebrow, “My parents are going to “The Aurora Villa” till Monday, so we’ll be alone.”

Mandy looked at him with wide eyes.

Billy sighed, “When mom found out your parents were going she got jealous and convinced my dad to go.”

Mandy regained her composure, “I’ll still do it.”

Billy studied her, “You sure?”

“Watch me”, she growled. Then she walked off.

Billy grinned, ‘perfect, I hit all the right buttons.’ Then he caught up to Mandy, “One last thing.”

Mandy growled, “What?”

“Just before we-.

“Billy”, she growled threateningly.

“Your eyes turned blue”, he said quickly.

She blinked and looked at him with wide eyes, “My eyes turned blue?”

Billy nodded, “Yeah.” Then he ran into the school.

Mandy just stood there. She took a compact out of her out of her pocket and looked at her reflection in the mirror, trying to imagine herself with blue eyes.

The bell ringing brought her out of her thoughts. She put the compact away and ran to class.
Sign up to rate and review this story