Categories > Cartoons > Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy > Heat of Passion

Every Little Tear

by Roguespirit 0 reviews

Mandy notices Billy's new intelligence and loses control. The voices in her head have another battle, while Terrence uses his power to help things along.

Category: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-01-28 - Updated: 2008-01-29 - 1244 words

-1Cliche
Heat of Passion
Chapter 5: Every little Tear

The day passed by relatively quickly, and despite Irwin’s constant note passing Mandy managed to get through. She’d gotten all of her homework done and school wasn’t quite finished yet.

She looked over at Billy, “need any help”, she asked indifferently?

Billy shook his head, “no thanks.”

Mandy rolled her eyes, “what are you drawing”, she asked with an edge of irritation?

“Numbers”, Billy replied matter-of-factly.

Mandy gave him a curious glance and peered over onto his paper. He’d actually been doing his homework, in fact he was almost done.

Returning to her former seating position she said, “if I didn’t know better, I’d say that was a smart aleck comment.”

Billy grinned at her, “but you would know wouldn’t you.” He returned to his work snickering to himself.

Mandy was stunned, ‘was that actually witty’, she asked herself? ‘Did Billy actually get smart all of a sudden.’

The school bell ended her train of thought and students began packing up their books and leaving the room.

“Darn”, Billy said, “I only had a few questions left.”

Mandy closed her books, “you can do them at home.”


Billy and Mandy quickly exited the school and made their way home.

They walked in silence, neither saying anything, until Mandy couldn’t take it any more, “what”, she yelled?

Billy stare at her, “what?”

“Say something.

“Why did you want me to say something?
“Yes, no”, Mandy let out a growl of frustration, “I don’t know.

“Does this have anything to do with what you wanna talk about?

“Just shut up.

“But you just said you wanted me to say something.”

Mandy yelled, “I said shut up ”

Billy sighed, “grandpa was right, women are impossible to understand.”


A shot while later they arrived at Billy’s house. Mandy put her bag down and went up the stairs to Billy’s bedroom with Billy behind her.

Upon arriving Mandy noticed the room was clean, “did you clean your room”, Mandy asked in disbelief?

Billy shrugged, “yeah it was dirty so I cleaned it.” He closed the door, “so what did you want to talk about?”

Mandy turned to him, “what happened to you?”

Billy blinked, “huh?”

“What are you so smart all of a sudden? What did Grim do to you?”

Billy went to take a step forward, “Mandy...”

Mandy put her hand against his chest, halting him mid-step, “playing dumb would’ve worked before, but not now.”

Mandy’s hand was still pressed firmly against his chest which was also quite firm, and she could feel his heart beat.

Mandy’s hormones had finally broken out of their cage that Mandy had put them in long ago before they were even released, as a result she had no experience in controlling them, they instead began to control her.

She stepped closer, she tried vainly to focus her thoughts, “and I-I know you couldn’t get that smart on your own... so”, Mandy gazed into Billy’s green eyes, ‘he’s so handsome.’

Meanwhile Billy’s own hormones were raging, her closeness making things difficult. Then their eyes met and suddenly Billy saw her eyes turn a beautiful Azure Blue.

Neither could control it, neither had experience with the hormones that were guiding their movements. The distance between them ceased to exist as they came together. Their lips fist made contact and they pulled each other into a tight embrace as electricity seemed to dance between them.

Billy ran his hand up Mandy’s leg and up her thigh causing her to gasp.

Suddenly realizing what they were doing, Mandy pushed him away.

They stood and stared at one another for a moment before Mandy ran out of the room and down the stairs then out the door, leaving a bewildered Billy behind.

Another two pairs of eyes had seen the events that had transpired, “Is this a good thing or a bad thing”, Rick asked?

Terrence shrugged, “I don’t know.”


Later that night Terrence and Rick crept over to Mandy’s house. They peered through her window to see her curled into a fetal position on her bed.

Mandy’s thoughts were locked in battle once again: ‘you see, romance is only for the week, you gave in to your desires, giving in is a trait for weaklings, you even ran away.’

you ran away because you were afraid of something you didn’t understand. Because of the insecurity you developed and are afraid of not being in control, that is what has made you weak, strength is security when you are not in control, that’s what love is. Love is the greatest display of trust, and being able to love and trust is freedom, you had a tastes of that freedom in that moment you and Billy shared.

‘Freedom only leads to disruption and chaos, you stand for order and discipline.’

Order is also limiting, if people didn’t bend the rules, humanity wouldn’t have even gotten this far. That’s why even in the discipline of a military initiative is encouraged, because it allows people to act and get results.

‘Billy is to stupid to understand anything such as that, he just saw you as a plaything like all men do.’

You keep getting called ugly and you consider yourself ugly, hardly what any man would consider a plaything. But you looked into Billy’s eyes and you saw something else, his compassion, his caring, even love. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

‘Billy thought his booger pretzels were pretty so that’s not saying much and either way it doesn’t matter, you pushed him away so will he still feel that way now?’

Mandy started to leak tears.

You’ve done far worse to Billy in the past and he has still stuck beside you, so you needn’t fear about that.

Mandy finally broke down, “oh Billy”, she cried, “what do you thing of me now?”

Suddenly, something in Terrence’s mind clicked and an Idea came to him.

“What are you doing”, Rick asked?

Terrence grinned, “easing her mind, silver energy flowed from his fingers and through Mandy’s window then to her radio.

Mandy suddenly hear her radio turn on and a song start to play. She stared at it, “what?”

Every little Tear by Paul Janz came through the speakers:

Every little word you say
Every little breath you steal
Everyone just drives you crazy
Baby it’s the way I feel
I’ll do anything you ask me
Everything I do for you
Cause darling you’re my main attraction

You give me such tenderness, I thing I love you
Spend my nights just dreamin of you
don’t you want me, say you need me baby take my hand

Every little tear you cry
Every little heartache in the night
Your know I’m feelin for you baby
I can’t stop wanting you.

Mandy smiled as the song continued and the reassuring lyrics put her to sleep.

Terrence grinned, that should help.

Rick looked at him, “how’d you think of that?”

Terrence shrugged, “my dad did that for my mom back when they were dating whenever she was in a bad mood.”

Rick nodded, “I need to meet your dad one day.”

Terrence grinned, “maybe one day. Come on let’s get some sleep.”
Sign up to rate and review this story